Ernesto Valverde - V1

serghei

What is obvious is that you are not getting the point.

Real were not winning week in week out because it is not easy and expected as you make out it is for Barca.

Barca CONTRIBUTED to Reals poor season domestically by beating them and keeping pressure on them for a while to keep winning... before they virtually gave up on league.

In a league most expected them to win.

How do you fail to see the logic behind the fact that Barcelona are expected to win in Spain when their main rivals are wasting points once every two weeks?

I think you should drop the 'Barca put pressure on Madrid and that's why they wasted points vs all sorts of small teams' argument. Use this one instead: 'Valverde intentionally lost the Supercup to make Madrid feel cocky in the league and waste points, thinking Barca are done anwyay'. This makes Valverde seem even more of a mastermind by making Barca seem weak and unthreatening in the Supercup, then going undefeated in La Liga. It might actually have more of a shread of truth than your claim that Barca's pressure made Madrid cave in La Liga, considering Madrid looked like shit very early in the season.

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Show me the post where I have given kudos to RM last season.

And the goals RM scored late winners were usually ramos headers on a cross or corner or something like that not on a dumb defensive mistake.

New flash buddy, 95% of the goals scored in a game called football come from defensive mistakes. The other 5% are from sheer brilliance of players like Messi, Ronaldo, etc that create a goal outta nothing

Neymessi

Literally two posts ago you said 'kudos' to Real and their 'spirit' for the late goals last season.

Yes but you made it sound like I am a constant stalwart of RM and constantly praised them last season for their oh-so-amazing winning mentality. I was being specifically addressed about RM's late winners so gave an opinioin

Conveniently left the second part I see where I explained how our win was more of chelsea's mistake but lemme guess.. EV tactics that too?

JamDav1982

How do you fail to see the logic behind the fact that Barcelona are expected to win in Spain when their main rivals are wasting points once every two weeks.

I think you should drop the 'Barca put pressure on Madrid and that's why they wasted points vs all sorts of small teams". Use this one instead: 'Valverde intentionally lost the Supercup to make Madrid feel cocky in the league and waste points, thinking Barca are done anwyay". This makes Valverde seem even more of a mastermind.

You fail to see that Real not winning every weeks shows it is not as 'expected' as you make out for Barca.

Once again you are making up things that are being said. You re doing that every second post these days.

All over the place.

Yes but you made it sound like I am a constant stalwart of RM and constantly praised them last season for their oh-so-amazing winning mentality. I was being specifically addressed about RM's late winners so gave an opinioin

Conveniently left the second part I see where I explained how our win was more of chelsea's mistake but lemme guess.. EV tactics that too?

You make yourself sound like that.

Neymessi

New flash buddy, 95% of the goals scored in a game called football come from defensive mistakes. The other 5% are from sheer brilliance of players like Messi, Ronaldo, etc that create a goal outta nothing

What even is this shit?

You make yourself sound like that.

Not really bro. Never mentioned real's last season or their late winners even once for a long time.

JamDav1982

Not really bro. Never mentioned real's last season or their late winners even once for a long time.

You mentioned Reals late winners as 'spirit' and 'kudos' to them and great headers from likes of Ramos.

For Barca it is all luck and shite defending.

You seem genuinely fuming that Barca have had a good season without Neymar would be my guess.

serghei

You fail to see that Real not winning every weeks shows it is not as 'expected' as you make out for Barca.

Once again you are making up things that are being said. You re doing that every second post these days.

All over the place.

Because there was evidence that Barca is on average a lot more consistent than Madrid in the league, even when Madrid were stronger on paper. So I always knew there was a big chance their inconsistency in the league (never won two in a row in more than a decade) would continue in the same pattern, and our consistency will show through. And it did, unsurprisingly for me.

Again, we've been strong in the league in every season since 2008-09 except 2011-12. In 9 seasons we've won 6 (3 with Pep, 2 with Lucho, 1 with Tito), clearly lost 1, and almost won 2 more, just losing because of our own stupidity. We were incredibly close of winning 8 of the 9 leagues. We clearly have a way of approaching the season that is centered on the league, and this improves our output in this competition. And that's why we are more likely to be consistent in this competition, while Madrid is known to alternate between good seasons and shit seasons.

The way Barca and Madrid approach their seasons, Barca are more likely to be consistent enough to win the league, and Madrid have higher peaks late in the season, which makes them more likely to be great in CL. Sometimes we get our moments of brilliance, and sometimes we are sharp enough physically that we can go all the way in all competitions, and this is why we win trebles and doubles.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Because there was evidence that Barca is on average a lot more consistent than Madrid in the league, even when Madrid were stronger on paper. So I always knew there was a big chance their inconsistency in the league (never won two in a row in more than a decade) would continue in the same pattern, and our consistency will show through. And it did, unsurprisingly for me.

Again, we've been strong in the league in every season since 2008-09 except 2011-12. In 9 seasons we've won 6 (3 with Pep, 2 with Lucho, 1 with Tito), clearly lost 1, and almost won 2 more, just losing because of our own stupidity. We were incredibly close of winning 8 of the 9 leagues. We clearly have a way of approaching the season that is centered on the league. And that's why we are more likely to be consistent in this competition, while Madrid is known to alternate between good seasons and shit seasons.

Which is my point Barca have done very well to be that consistent in league those past seasons as it is not as easy as you make out and have done well to be that consistent this season which has resulted in big lead at top of table.

Real have shown that is not easy and Barca contributed to their poor domestic season at crunch time when a win would have brought them back into the race.

Are you trying to say Barca 'focus on league' every season more than Real do? Latest Real excuse?

Sorin

Yeah man kudos to Valverde for bringing us here, on the cusp of a double. A really solid job thus far.

However should we not expect to look better than this? Next year I expect better performances than these or he can get the fuck out. Or else, let's just bring in Mourinho. Now, if results at the detriment of all else is what we care about, then who better than the portuguese? Just bring in the guy most proven and be done with it.

Neymessi

You mentioned Reals late winners as 'spirit' and 'kudos' to them and great headers from likes of Ramos.

For Barca it is all luck and shite defending.

You seem genuinely fuming that Barca have had a good season without Neymar would be my guess.

I love how you leave out key parts from my post to fit your narrative.

Obviously RM were lucky last season

If I were a RM fan I would have defnitely not been happy with constant late winners and would have claimed something is wrong with us.

For barca its mostly luck and messi.

And there comes neymar in the debate for no apparent reason. Your guess is wrong genius. Obviously its not EV that I am mad...pfffttt. Why would I be mad if he is playing injured players and doesn't know shit how to rotate or who to start. Or why would I be mad when we park the bus against small teams and play like shit so often. Obviously its neymar. Nice deduction sherlock.

JamDav1982

I love how you leave out key parts from my post to fit your narrative.

For barca its mostly luck and messi.

And there comes neymar in the debate for no apparent reason. Your guess is wrong genius. Obviously its not EV that I am mad...pfffttt. Why would I be mad if he is playing injured players and doesn't know shit how to rotate or who to start. Or why would I be mad when we park the bus against small teams and play like shit so often. Obviously its neymar. Nice deduction sherlock.

Yeah but kudos to real for their fighting spirit and great headers while Barca are shit and lucky....

All those other comments did was contradict yourself.

Why would Real fans be unhappy with showing fighting spirit to score late winners they earned through great play?

Makes no sense.

You are completely clueless to claim it is all 'luck and Messi'.

As said you cant handle done well without neymar it is obvious.

Yeah man kudos to Valverde for bringing us here, on the cusp of a double. A really solid job thus far.

However should we not expect to look better than this? Next year I expect better performances than these or he can get the fuck out. Or else, let's just bring in Mourinho. Now, if results at the detriment of all else is what we care about, then who better than the portuguese? Just bring in the guy most proven and be done with it.

No.

serghei

Which is my point Barca have done very well to be that consistent in league those past seasons as it is not as easy as you make out and have done well to be that consistent this season which has resulted in big lead at top of table.

Real have shown that is not easy and Barca contributed to their poor domestic season at crunch time when a win would have brought them back into the race.

Are you trying to say Barca 'focus on league' every season more than Real do? Latest Real excuse?

I'm pretty sure I was insisting on the 'expected', not easy. Of course it's not easy. But knowing the profile of this Barca team, and the deficiencies of Madrid in league campaigns which last for over a decade now, I expect Barca to win the league more than I expect Madrid, even if they have a better team on paper and may seem favourites for the masses.

No. I'm saying Barcelona is more proficient in league campaigns than cup formats (excluding Copa del Rey for obvious reasons, since it can't be compared with CL). And this is an important factor when you judge expectations for Barca and Madrid in the league. This Barca is just more likely to keep a higher degree of consistency than Madrid over 38 games. Madrid don't plan to be behind in the league almost everytime in the last decade come march. But they do find themselves in that positions, and once they do, they naturally shift their focus for the CL big games meaning they are more fresh than us. Which is why, when we we find ourselves in the privileged position to be +11 in the league (prior to Sevilla) with 9 games left or so, we should also make sure we are sharp and fresh for CL so we can stop them for winning 3 in a row.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I'm pretty sure I was insisting on the 'expected', not easy. Of course it's not easy. But knowing the profile of this Barca team, and the deficiencies of Madrid in league campaigns which last for over a decade now, I expect Barca to win the league more than I expect Madrid, even if they have a better team on paper and may seem favourites.

No. I'm saying Barcelona is more proficient in league campaigns than cup formats (excluding Copa del Rey for obvious reasons, since it can't be compared with CL). And this is an important factor when you judge expectations for Barca and Madrid in the league. Barca is just more likely to keep a higher degree of consistency than Madrid over 38 games.

If it is expected it is seen to be fairly easy and using some of the best club sides ever to back up that argument is not great.

Yes Barca have shown more consistency and shown that is a credit to the players and management across that time.

Yeah it is to be fair.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans