Ernesto Valverde - V1

bismp

I said it from the beginning:

Here in Greece,i support the local team,Aris(you may remember us from beating the EL champions Atletico twice back in 2011.Unfortunately,since then we got relegated and now we are in the second division.Anyway...)

As many of you know,Olympiacos has DOMINATED greek football the past 20 years.They have won like 18 out of 20 league titles or something.In other words,Olympiacos will win the league even with a 5 year old kid as a coach.

But,they played BY FAR the most entertaining football under Valverde and they even had some european success iirc.Athletic also performed quite well during his tenure.

Hope that he can keep the team's performance at this level and win many title here!

xXKonan

It's crazy seeing him go nuts on the ref on the sidelines, considering he's a calm collective man.

well I don't blame him, Lahoz would make even the calmest Individial go bat shit bananas.

M

MessiCam

Lahoz is a clown. That said, I feel we were utterly dominant in the first half only to slack off in the second and allow them too much time in our own half even if we had the ball. Otherwise the game was managed well enough.

Valverde even has Messi putting in a shift in his own half lately. It's quite refreshing.

esmeteina

I think Valverde planned for our squad to score early and laid back , park the bus and go for cruise control. That's what frustrate the espanyol so much cos despite them subbing in strikers they weren't able to convert anything to goals. Lucky us we have Busquets toying them with one goal difference to kick us out. ...bravo Valverde for guiding our squad to a solid defense... Another clean sheets for Cillassen..

Messi983

The only way to stay top without signing a new coach is by transfers imo. You'll have to sell some of your starters in order to change the dynamics in the team and replace them with class from somewhere else.

Agree with your point but I think this will happen naturally for us because some or most of Iniesta, Raki, Suarez, Pique, Busi, Messi (sorted somewhere by my predictions of their likeliness to not be here anymore) will probably retire/leave around 2022 or at least their role within the team will be diminished if we'll be smart and capable of bringing their replacements in next years. Coutinho replacing Iniesta is a good start and maybe Mina can also show enough to potentially replace Pique. And if we are lucky mabe one or both of Oriol B. and Alena could succeed Busi Sr. and Rakitić roles one day. But as much as I'd like to see that we should also keep other options open because things often don't work as planned.

I don't doubt in Valverde's commitment to stay here longterm and also believe he could be the right man to start building a new core around Coutinho, Roberto, Umtiti and hopefully Dembele (not doubting his talent but if he'll become injury prone then we can't really count on him longterm), Alena, Oriol B. and maybe some other B team players and signings we'll make in next year or two.

But at the same time Barça fans are impatient and will start to call for Valverde's head if we'll have a month or two of bad results. And even if results will be good people will probably say we don't play beatiful football, EV doesn't trust La Masia,... Not criticising anyone who has express those opinions over the last 6 months but it just shows how demanding and impatient fanbase we have. And while Valverde has gone through adversity at the start of his time at Barça with Neymar transfer saga and both Supercopa losses when some people were already prepared to write him off and has done great job so far and I believe he can continue to do that in the near future there are not many coaches in Barça history who have survived a trophyless season. And nobody can guarantee us trophies when that transition period will start, especially when Messi will inevitably decline and leave/retire. Barça should be prepared and with our recent transfer activities I believe we are aware of that but we can't really predict what will happen.

Devils

Valverde on Zidane: "Football is like that. We are all working in an environment that we all know. And we know that when we win, we are the best, but when we lose, we are the worst. Zidane has done a lot at Real Madrid and he has our respect."

The class of this man.

GOATverde

Windhook

It's common for managers in Spain to respect each other, at least in the media. Even rival club managers.

Of course it's hard to forget the shit-mouth Jose Mourinho blowing up the press, the feud he had with Sporting Gijon's then manager Manuel Preciado (who passed away in 2012).

xXKonan

Lucho and Quique Sánchez had a long standing feud since the 90s when both of them were at Real. Lucho didn't even want to shake hands with him last season for that reason. :lol:

Joan

Lucho and Quique Sánchez had a long standing feud since the 90s when both of them were at Real. Lucho didn't even want to shake hands with him last season for that reason. :lol:

And refused to meet and take pictures with Quique which is a tradition before the derby.

F1_STK

I said it from the beginning:

Here in Greece,i support the local team,Aris(you may remember us from beating the EL champions Atletico twice back in 2011.Unfortunately,since then we got relegated and now we are in the second division.Anyway...)

As many of you know,Olympiacos has DOMINATED greek football the past 20 years.They have won like 18 out of 20 league titles or something.In other words,Olympiacos will win the league even with a 5 year old kid as a coach.

But,they played BY FAR the most entertaining football under Valverde and they even had some european success iirc.Athletic also performed quite well during his tenure.

Hope that he can keep the team's performance at this level and win many title here!

I am Greek too!
Έλα ρε πατρίδα!

FinBarcelonafan

Valverde on Zidane: "Football is like that. We are all working in an environment that we all know. And we know that when we win, we are the best, but when we lose, we are the worst. Zidane has done a lot at Real Madrid and he has our respect."

The class of this man.

GOATverde

Valverde the GOAT. I didn't expect him to turn out this good and he is very likable man.

Faceless

No more faces at night
It's crazy seeing him go nuts on the ref on the sidelines, considering he's a calm collective man.

well I don't blame him, Lahoz would make even the calmest Individial go bat shit bananas.

Actually here is the Betis game with Valverde's reaction. He's way more active on the sideline than what we expect :valverde2:

And this for those who says that he's bland or uninspiring or weak.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Man today's setup was a mess overall.

Valverde got away with one today and I hope he won't make the same mistake again.

Home of Barca Fans