Erling Braut Haaland

FinBarcelonafan

Campaign hoopla and desperation for bragging rights I suppose, nothing substantial. Haaland would not fall on some empty promises.

I am afraid it's this. I don't believe our current state could attract his level player. He has better options, like any top club without financial problems..

Joan

As if we don't pay well our players :lol:

Money aside, don't know what makes City that attractive, please don't tell me it's a bald lunatic

Joan

Not as much as a state-run club can offer, no.

Of course, but there are certain restrictions.

According to some sources I've just found (questionable reliability) their best paid player is De Bruyne, 350,000? a week, that's what we pay Griezmann.

Also, Messi is apparently at 600,000? a week, and we're about to lose him.

I'm not saying they couldn't possibly offer Halaand more. Because they could. But let's not pretend the old giants can't compete with the oil ones.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Exactly my thinking. Not to mention if they sign Messi too.

City is very attractive option, same as Liverpool and Bayern.

Actually Messi would become a minus factor for City signing Haaland or any other top attacking players, because Haaland would not want to go to City just to be Messi's lieutenant.

Us not having Messi will actually be a plus because we have a huge hole to fill and that player will enjoy most of the limelight.

JamDav1982

It's a combination of factors, and not all are flattering for City.

Definitely players want to play under Pep still.

Under Pep, in best, richest and highest profile league in world at one of the teams most likely to be successful.

Better citys than Manchester but plenty top players settle no bother and his family have been there in past.

Can see a lot of reasons it would appeal to him.

Home of Barca Fans