Erling Braut Haaland

clemente

Our striker with the fitness of current Maradona would still be playing over him.

Because of this ignorance to implement young players into our squad, I think in a few years we will have to take a "hit" for 1 season where we will finish outside of top 5 so the rebuild can happen.

BBZ8800

Forget Neymar.
We should buy Zlatan Ibrahimovic Junior:

Messi will retire soon.
Maybe Zlatan Junior will be luckier than the original Zlatan here.

khaled_a_d

It could be a interesting choice for sure. Apparently we are also following Lautaro Martinez, Donyell Malen and Myron Boadu who at 18 is scoring for fun in Holland. Price considered I would keep an eye on Werner aswell.

Out of those names Haaland will definitely add a new dimension which we haven’t had for years.

I think the one we are following most is Håland heir, Karim Adeyemi
But as usual, many interesting names on the rise and it is all about picking the right one.
Although I still prefer to focus on other lines than attack next year.

Messi983

I think the one we are following most is Håland heir, Karim Adeyemi
But as usual, many interesting names on the rise and it is all about picking the right one.
Although I still prefer to focus on other lines than attack next year.

Adeyemi is more a winger than a striker, isn't he? We could use another winger but we already have Fati so going after someone more proven would make more sense imo as it would be hard to develop two youngsters at the same time. Still wouldn't mind signing him if we can get him for 15-20M and send him on loan for a season or two. It's very unlikely RBS will give up on him easy though.

Don't think Haaland would fit us and he would also be very expensive (don't believe 100m asking price rumours though). I expect him to replace Werner at Leipzig next year and if he's sold to another team United could be a front runner as long as OGS is there (he could easily be gone before next season though).

Copperpot

Banned
Barcelona would be a terrible move for him with Suarez/Griezmann in front of him right now, same with Juventus/City/Madrid/Inter/PSG - Let's have it right, any of these clubs he will just be sat on the bench and at 19 and banging goals in left right and center, that will be terrible for his development and possibly confidence.

I've seen many good players ruined with big clubs stock piling for the sake of it, look at Gabriel Jesus at City, he should be like Mbappe but he's sat on the bench most weeks at City, same's happening with De Ligt at Juventus, Phil Foden is another.

Best big club for him would be United or Liverpool, clubs where he could come in and carry on what he's doing at Salzburg and be no1.

United is obvious, they need a world class (or potential world class) CF bad. I added Liverpool there, whilst their attack is awesome and Firmino is awesome at what he does, you do get the impression they would like a Harry Kane or Mbappe type of striker.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Barcelona would be a terrible move for him with Suarez/Griezmann in front of him right now, same with Juventus/City/Madrid/Inter/PSG - Let's have it right, any of these clubs he will just be sat on the bench and at 19 and banging goals in left right and center, that will be terrible for his development and possibly confidence.

I've seen many good players ruined with big clubs stock piling for the sake of it, look at Gabriel Jesus at City, he should be like Mbappe but he's sat on the bench most weeks at City, same's happening with De Ligt at Juventus, Phil Foden is another.

Best big club for him would be United or Liverpool, clubs where he could come in and carry on what he's doing at Salzburg and be no1.

United is obvious, they need a world class (or potential world class) CF bad. I added Liverpool there, whilst their attack is awesome and Firmino is awesome at what he does, you do get the impression they would like a Harry Kane or Mbappe type of striker.

Why are you making that assumption? The whole reason Suarez is played to death is because he's the only number 9. As we've seen from his few appearances in that role, griezmann isn't exactly reassuring and Messi loves to play as a midfielder now. Suarez is our only 9.

If haaland comes along he will be given priority just like de jong was over rakitic. The board is shit but they do show a willingness to phase out declining players when given the opportunity to do so.

khaled_a_d

Adeyemi is more a winger than a striker, isn't he? We could use another winger but we already have Fati so going after someone more proven would make more sense imo as it would be hard to develop two youngsters at the same time. Still wouldn't mind signing him if we can get him for 15-20M and send him on loan for a season or two. It's very unlikely RBS will give up on him easy though.

Don't think Haaland would fit us and he would also be very expensive (don't believe 100m asking price rumours though). I expect him to replace Werner at Leipzig next year and if he's sold to another team United could be a front runner as long as OGS is there (he could easily be gone before next season though).

From highlights and according to TM Adeyemi is CF/LW. I think his further development will decide his next move.
As fir Fati, I actually think when it is all said and done he is a striker, not a winger. Could be wrong in that regard tbh.

Copperpot

Banned
Why are you making that assumption? The whole reason Suarez is played to death is because he's the only number 9. As we've seen from his few appearances in that role, griezmann isn't exactly reassuring and Messi loves to play as a midfielder now. Suarez is our only 9.

If haaland comes along he will be given priority just like de jong was over rakitic. The board is shit but they do show a willingness to phase out declining players when given the opportunity to do so.

It's not an assumption it's a fact. Over the summer Griezmann was brought in as Suarez's long term replacement. There's even a good chance of bringing Neymar back again too (£200m+).

Barcelona scouted Griezmann, felt £100m+ was a good investment, after 3 months do you suddenly say 'we can do better' and let's spunk another £100m again for that very same position? How about next year when you decide Haaland is not doing as well as hoped and is an £100m seat warmer, which i predict he will be if moves to Barcelona at this stage of his career, do Barcelona splosh another £100m+ again?

Barcelona can't spend £100m+ on one area of the pitch every year, Barcelona have quite a few holes in their team from a defensive pov, £100m would go a long way into fixing this.

Liverpool and City, 2 teams who are widely regarded as the best teams in Europe right now have shown you need an allround strong squad of players, City have injuries right now in defense but their defense (when fit) is awesome and in my opinion are the best team in Europe.

Barcelona (and other big clubs in Europe) are playing catch up to Liverpool and City, Barcelona are fine in an attacking sense so £100m+ in that department and on a teenager is not the answer and as said in my opinion would be a bad career move for Haaland too.

Last edited:

Saladin

Rather spend the 100 mil on a proven prodigy like Havertz, who can create space, run and actually contribute with goals from an AM-position; we have been lacking options (read, goal threats) from outside our front three players since Xavi and Fabregas; hell, even Paulinho was good at going forward, providing an extra dimension to our offensive buildup play.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's very cautious and aware of his development. He'll not join a top 5 team this summer.

This 100m figure MD/Sport are throwing is BS too when there have been talks about a 50-60m transfer to RB Leipzig here.

Messigician

He's very cautious and aware of his development. He'll not join a top 5 team this summer.

This 100m figure MD/Sport are throwing is BS too when there have been talks about a 50-60m transfer to RB Leipzig here.

After what we paid for Coutinho makes sense for clubs go try and extort the dumb as bricks board

Havesaks

Ofc leipizg will get a discount when both clubs are owned by the same company. Gezz :lol:

behindbrowneyes

Agreed. He turned down interest from Juve when he joined RBS in January. He recently said the first 6 months in Salzburg were hard because he didn't play much (just 1 game IIRC) so he won't join a top 5 team right now.

The 100M price tag is just tactic from RBS in order to fight interest because there are teams who are interested to sign him in the winter transfer market window. I'm pretty sure they will sell him next summer for less than that. The 50-60M you mentioned being likely.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
True striker, with most of his goals occurring inside the box

0e3f6fab-c1a3-4b0f-9cba-c3c018fb6e7d

0e3f6fab-c1a3-4b0f-9cba-c3c018fb6e7d.jpg

Terrific in his pressing and attacking transition. His size and burst to separate from defenders while using his body well to protect the ball combined with good goalscoring instincts to create space & meet a cross or receive a pass. Probably stems from the fact that he actually was much smaller in youth football and had to be smarter to find space & create chances - serves him well now that he has physical tools to augment those instincts. What you do not see much from him, however, and is relevant to Barcelona is how he does against a deep block or when there isn't much space between lines. He does possess good clinical skills & touch so he should be able to adapt to any system especially since a possession based side would benefit from a clinical finisher like Erling. More than anything else I like how well he uses his big frame that makes it difficult to take the ball off of him

His experience with Ole & father's experience in the Premiership points to ManYoo or similar going in strong in winter.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans