Erling Braut Haaland

michelco

His father is Alf-Inge Håland who played for Nottingham Forest, Leeds and Man City so the kid might favour the PL after Dortmund

Newcomer

He isn't german or anything, even if he's a fan of Dortmund since childhood, Barca is a step above, if we said hi, he would 100% choose us.

Doubt it. It is like Olmo chosing to go to a not top european club. Or Dembélé before. They want playing time to prove themselves before moving to a big club as a starter.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He isn't german or anything, even if he's a fan of Dortmund since childhood, Barca is a step above, if we said hi, he would 100% choose us.

No, he wouldn't. He chose Borussia Dortmund over even Juventus because he'll play every single game for them.

BBZ8800

Lautaro isn't a solo 9 and has a mediocre goal tally

I remember seeing news lately that we aren't interested in Haaland because we want Lautaro.

I mean, why would we want a striker who can bang goals for fun when we can have a striker who moves nicely off the ball and can't score too much?

Our sporting directors have picked a nice ditection for the future:
Midfielders who can't do anything in the attacking third.
And attackers who can't score (Griezz, Lautaro).

At least the board is consistent in their failures, we have to admit.

But hey, at least we will move off the ball for 90 minutes, lol.

mc_lovin

Midfielders who can't do anything in the attacking third.
And attackers who can't score (Griezz, Lautaro).

Its really not that binary. Generally I would pick the likes of Arthur, Frenkie etc (the "midfielders who cant do anything in the attacking third") over less talented but more productive ones (Like who by the way? Bruno Fernandes or van de Beek? Thank god we didnt).

Thats of course a bit more complicated regarding strikers, but there are still some very good arguments for Martinez instead of Haaland, though I would not have minded the latter.

BBZ8800

Its really not that binary. Generally I would pick the likes of Arthur, Frenkie etc (the "midfielders who cant do anything in the attacking third") over less talented but more productive ones (Like who by the way? Bruno Fernandes or van de Beek? Thank god we didnt).

Thats of course a bit more complicated regarding strikers, but there are still some very good arguments for Martinez instead of Haaland, though I would not have minded the latter.

About Frenkie and Arthur, it is about a bigger pucture.

If this was 2009 when we had the best team, Messi and Alves and 80% possession, then they would have been awesome.

Even today, when he have Messi, possession without scoring (bar Messi) is fine.

On the other hand, in 2 years, imagine a team:
Fati, Lautaro, Griezz, Puig, Arthur, Frenkie and braindead Semedo on the right.

Can you see my point?
Every one od them can move, pass and link up, not too many can score.

Something like a Spanish NT from the last few years.
Tons of possession and movement.
Zero goals.
Losing against everyone, more or less.

Laplacian

What? In your midfield you already FdJ and Arthur, what's wrong with Bruno considering he's a lot more direct and creative? Shouldn't midfielders offer different things for the sake of dynamism? Do they all need to be the same?

mc_lovin

About Frenkie and Arthur, it is about a bigger pucture.

If this was 2009 when we had the best team, Messi and Alves and 80% possession, then they would have been awesome.

Even today, when he have Messi, possession without scoring (bar Messi) is fine.

On the other hand, in 2 years, imagine a team:
Fati, Lautaro, Griezz, Puig, Arthur, Frenkie and braindead Semedo on the right.

Can you see my point?
Every one od them can move, pass and link up, not too many can score.

Something like a Spanish NT from the last few years.
Tons of possession and movement.
Zero goals.
Losing against everyone, more or less.

You cant compare that to Spain, they had no good forward talent. A frontline of Griezmann, Lautaro and Fati (if he gets there, he looks like a goalscoring winger at least) all have 20+ goals in them. Thats hardly zero goals. The question really is who fits the team better, how many goals we lose by getting Martinez instead of Haaöad etc. And thats not easy to answer: I mean Ibrahimovic looked like shit for us, there are downsides to tall strikers. Its not just all rainbows and stuff.

What? In your midfield you already FdJ and Arthur, what's wrong with Bruno considering he's a lot more direct and creative? Shouldn't midfielders offer different things for the sake of dynamism? Do they all need to be the same?

Nope, but we need to buy talent first and foremost. Bruno doesnt look special, but he would be a nice squad/system player. In a hypothetical scenario I would always pick Arthur etc over him. And thats precisely what we did recently, and what BBZ calls systematic failure. I just disagree and think our midfield signings have been spot on recently (bar Coutinho if you want to call him that).

Last edited:

BBZ8800

And thats not easy to answer: I mean Ibrahimovic looked like shit for us, there are downsides to tall strikers. Its not just all rainbows and stuff.

Ibrahimovic looked bad under Pep.
Pep likes Lautaro, Jesus and Aguero.

But since Pep was just one era and Pep is not 100 years of Barca, so there are other options except Pep's type of forwards.
Not to mention that Pep and his type of forwards are an ultimate trash in a Champions league when they don't have Messi to save their asses.

About Fati, I won't comment since he is miles and miles from a finished product.
Lautaro needs a no9 around him.
Griezz needs a no9.

A classical problem.

Home of Barca Fans