Erling Braut Haaland

Proper

Banned
I mean, Messi can play throughballs to Haaland all day, would suit both just fine, Messi would rack up 30+ assists while Haaland goes on to score 60 goals a season.

Not likely to happen though,
City needs a replacement for Aguero, they will get him.

I think it is likely to happen, at City though!

There's more chance in City getting both Messi and Haaland than Barcelona keeping Messi and signing Haaland.

Haaland's destined for Manchester, either at City or United. United (highest scorers in the PL) are a Haaland/Kane (CF) and a Dias or VVD (CB) away from being challengers and City are already the best team in Europe, if they get both Messi and Haaland (or even just 1 of those) they would be a cheat.

Last edited:

Proper

Banned
Yeah, United is only 160M worth of signing away from finally being a challenger to a domestic title!

Would say it would cost around 120m/130m for both of those (or less) but your point is? Winning the Premier League is more of a priority in England than even the Champions League, winning the PL is first and foremost what its all about here. But i will say they are a CB and a CF from not just the PL but Champions League challengers too, only another English club or Bayern could stop them and you make it sound like thats a lot, 100m+ is normal spending for Manchester United per year, Everton spent 120m this summer during a pandemic, Aston Villa spent 132m window before that.

Last edited:

Raketa10

IMHO if there is a slightest chance of signing him we should try. Mbappe will probably end up in Madrid so we should try to sign this guy. Unfortunately, in order to be able to do that we should first offload Griezmann, Coutinho and probably Dembele.

vuji_31

Yeah United is 4th currently , but haaland would like go to them but not to Barca.

They don't play CL , didn't win league more then 10 years.But yes , they are better then us.

What a bunch of nosense.

Bulgroz

Would say it would cost around 120m/130m for both of those (or less) but your point is? Winning the Premier League is more of a priority in England than even the Champions League, winning the PL is first and foremost what its all about here. But i will say they are a CB and a CF from not just the PL but Champions League challengers too, only another English club or Bayern could stop them and you make it sound like thats a lot, 100m+ is normal spending for Manchester United per year, Everton spent 120m this summer during a pandemic, Aston Villa spent 132m window before that.

Add 160M worth of signing to Barca (say, Kounde and Haaland) and they become "challengers" too. Same can be said about quite a few teams, actually. So I don't really say how that should make Utd sound so special.

EDIT: also, you're only taking into account players bought when you're talking about spendings. Last transfer window, Utd had a net balance of -65M. So they're have to sell 100M worth of players to buy that CF and CB. They probably could, but still, it's not as easy as "just add to WC players to the team and they'll compete for CL".

Last edited:

Morten

Yeah United is 4th currently , but haaland would like go to them but not to Barca.

They don't play CL , didn't win league more then 10 years.But yes , they are better then us.

What a bunch of nosense.

You think Barca is better than United at this moment?

I think Barca would struggle with tempo against United.

Proper

Banned

What a bunch of nosense.

:facepalm:

Add 160M worth of signing to Barca (say, Kounde and Haaland) and they become "challengers" too. Same can be said about quite a few teams, actually. So I don't really say how that should make Utd sound so special.

EDIT: also, you're only taking into account players bought when you're talking about spendings. Last transfer window, Utd had a net balance of -65M. So they're have to sell 100M worth of players to buy that CF and CB. They probably could, but still, it's not as easy as "just add to WC players to the team and they'll compete for CL".

You really think Barcelona are 2 signings away from being fixed? Is this after they lose Messi or keep Messi ie. pay more ridiculous wages that the club cannot afford, which = more club debt and there will be even more of a decline by Messi (he’s not going to get better)? No matter which way you look at it, it's not good either way (keeping or losing Messi), Barcelona cannot afford to lose Messi (on the pitch), but they need to in order to grow and move on as much as that may hurt for a couple of seasons.

Barcelona's (and Madrid's) squads need revamping more than any high profile team I've seen recent years and i include United in that post-Sir Alex, everything needs fixing with Barcelona (Messi situation, defence, midfield, wing, full backs, bench, academy, manager, board), so why you think only 2 signings away i don't know.

Difference to United and what Barcelona can do is United threw almost 1 billion trying fix their problems post-Sir Alex (and still didn't work for a number of years), Barcelona don't have that.

What Barcelona need to do is look at signings likes Cavani (free), Thiago Silva (free), Ozil (free) signings like Alaba (free in the summer) and possibly loans, these type of signings will go a long way in helping fix Barcelona short/medium term during a pandemic, give some experience and world class new blood to the club and breathing space for a few seasons (at little to no cost), fans getting back into the stadiums is just around the corner, even though the club will still be in loads of debt at least the club can start getting some revenue in again.

Forget about the likes of Haaland/Mbappe right now, it's not happening. It's going to take many seasons for all clubs to recover from covid (and i include the richest in that), never mind the likes of Barcelona/Madrid with the revamp they need and debt they have.

Last edited:

vuji_31

Big deal, 2 or 4th same shit.

They are 10 points behind City , with worst liverpool in 5 years.Chelsea also.

0 trophyes in 10 years. Don't count EL or one of the 10 cups in England.

Still Barca is biggest machine in football in terđs of income. With good menagment we can be great again.

You look on barca as worst , and United who is even worst as better option for playets.

You must be PL fanboi

Bulgroz

I was using Barcelona as an example. But if they end up signing Kounde and Haaland (I know, they won't, which is why I said it was an example), I really doubt other teams in UCL will be happy to face them (to be fair, I think almost any big team who signs Haaland will be a threat).

And yeah, United spent 1 billion trying to fix their problems. The key word here is "trying". They still have quite a few average players in their starting eleven (not to mention their bench). Sure, they have some great players too, but 2 WC players won't suddenly make them the best team in the world, far from it. I'm just saying that I don't see how they would be a prime destination for Haaland just because they're "2 WC players away from being a UCL challenger". Cause, once again, a lot of teams are "2WC players away" from that (and several other teams are already there).

vuji_31

Their defense is worse then our.
De Gea is Kepa
Lindelof and Magueire is shit duo , they are meme all over the internet.
Bissaka is only good at tackling. Player for midtable team.
Shaw is okay.

Rashord and Martial are scoring every 4 games.

Bruno is only WC player there.

You must be ctazy if think they are in good position tp sign Haaland

Bulgroz

I mean, they could, cause they're rich, they'll probably play UCL next season, and they're an overall big team. But the quality of their current squad clearly doesn't give them an edge over most of the other teams targeting Haaland.

Home of Barca Fans