Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

Tackle

Don't care just want exciting football and my Barca back.

At least these players will be passionate for the club and give 100% without leeching the club with insane wages like Umtiti, Greaseman, etc.

Who's to say these players won't be world class soon?

Right with you there mate. I don't care if we get relegated and don't win a trophy for the next 20 years, I just want me Barca back. Barca DNA over everything else and true fans will agree!

M3ls

Any wingers you can think of that are also on the market? Only Sancho of the proven ones for me. Couple of talents I want us to take a bet on but thats about it. Regarding Trincao if we continue to play 433 he is a bad fit agree but I can imagine him in a B.Fernandes type of role.

Sancho has a shitty character, so I don’t want to see him on our team.

I don’t think that players like him will work well for a team without a ball.

Yes, there are such players on the market.

M3ls

He is a system player.

I do not argue that the team should have magicians (wingers, strikers) like Neymar or Salah, but we already have Messi.

When you gather a lot of improvisers in a team, you upset the balance in the team.

Such players very often do not like to play working without a ball.

Salah, Messi, Neymar, Sancho, Hazard, Bale, Ronaldo, Coutinho - they are all shit without a ball.

Last edited:

Riordon

Ferran Torres is a good player but I like more goalscoring wingers in the mold of Mane, Gnabry, Salah, Sterling etc etc. Outlets who make penetrative runs. Not many of these around

M3ls

Ferran Torres is a good player but I like more goalscoring wingers in the mold of Mane, Gnabry, Salah, Sterling etc etc. Outlets who make penetrative runs. Not many of these around

Look at Sane, Sterling or Gnabry, they are system players, but when they fell into the hands of a good coach, they started to score a lot.

On the left in the attack, I want to see a hybrid of a winger and a striker like Villa.

He must be right-footed to play shifting closer to the box.

Thus, Ferrand is closer to play as wide as possible on the right and the left winger will shift closer to the box.

Last edited:

Riordon

You basically want to create the Villa-Messi-Pedro frontline. I can see where you are coming from but I think the days with Messi as a false 9 ended in 2012/2013 for a reason: 1) he asked the board to sign a 9 "to help him", 2) back then he stayed closer to goals and offered movement upfront, now he almost only drops deep.

With Messi still here, it is difficult to start a balanced lineup. Ideally he will move a bit more to the right, doesn't have to play as a right winger but occupy the right area a bit more, then get a 9 and LW who both runs the channels and offer penetrative runs in behind. Haaland as the 9, Mane/Gnabry-type of player on the left.
We would be so much better off and a top top team again even though Messi has to be compensated.

But Messi will never move to the right nor will he play false 9 again, he doesn't want to.

M3ls

You basically want to create the Villa-Messi-Pedro frontline. I can see where you are coming from but I think the days with Messi as a false 9 ended in 2012/2013 for a reason: 1) he asked the board to sign a 9 "to help him", 2) back then he stayed closer to goals and offered movement upfront, now he almost only drops deep.

With Messi still here, it is difficult to start a balanced lineup. Ideally he will move a bit more to the right, doesn't have to play as a right winger but occupy the right area a bit more, then get a 9 and LW who both runs the channels and offer penetrative runs in behind. Haaland as the 9, Mane/Gnabry-type of player on the left.
We would be so much better off and a top top team again even though Messi has to be compensated.

But Messi will never move to the right nor will he play false 9 again, he doesn't want to.

We have no convincing evidence that Messi asked the board to buy CF.

Riordon

We have no convincing evidence that Messi asked the board to buy CF.

That is true but I remember an interview with a former board member/sporting director about this a couple of years ago, will link it if I can find it.

M3ls

Even with Valverde, we had several matches with Leo as a false nine. These were the best matches of Barcelona.

If your theory is correct and Leo really can not offer anything to the team except the passes from the depths of the field, then we just need to throw him out.

Why is he needed then if he is also terrible without a ball?

Last edited:

Riordon

Even with Valverde, we had several matches with Leo as a false nine. These were the best matches of Barcelona.

If your theory is correct and Leo really can not offer anything to the team except the passes from the depths of the field, then we just need to throw him out.

Why is he needed then if he is also terrible without a ball?

Because of the amount of chances, goals and assist he provides is still very high. But Messi leaving in 2021 would honestly not be that bad IMO. The amount of compensation he needs now and the way the whole team must adapt to him is too much now.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Messi?s complete lack of movement these days shows that he cannot be a lone false 9. He absolutely needs a 9, which is why he is clinging on Suarez so much. Buying a CF is more important than a winger because we also have Ansu coming up. In two-three years Messi will not be a starter or will leave anyway, so the frontline may look like Ansu- new CF - new RW. We still have Dembele: the next season will show whether he can overcome his injury problems. If he gets another lengthy injury, even two months, he is done. Otherwise he would be good enough to be the intermediary option between Messi finishing his career and buying a new world class RW. Who knows, maybe Trincao can grow into one, let us see how good he is. He could be playing for Benfica in three years.

Home of Barca Fans