Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

xXKonan

I said a while back I'm willing to give him a chance but I'm not expecting much though.

He's better than Mingueza but that's not saying much, Mingueza seems like decent sub material. While Araujo isn't that great with the ball in comparison to Garcia, he's still easily the better player. I want to be surprised but I wouldn't be shocked if Eric didn't really amount to anything other than being third choice in the pecking order.

He seems smart and great on the ball but he's slow, not very tall(Not really a deal-breaker for me) not physically strong. He just doesn't have much to go off of outside his main strengths.

Raketa10

June it is than. He probably won't play any games in EPL for City this season and that's bad for his development.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
June it is than. He probably won't play any games in EPL for City this season and that's bad for his development.

Sure he will, City have loaned out their other CB in anticipation of this, plus the key is that Pep trusts Garcia. That alone should tell you everything, his future is bright and better still it?ll be blaugrana

Andresito

Staff member
Sure he will, City have loaned out their other CB in anticipation of this, plus the key is that Pep trusts Garcia. That alone should tell you everything, his future is bright and better still it?ll be blaugrana

This guy got a name?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah they used to be CB partners. But I don't see how this would affect Eric? I thought they'd loaned out Ake. He still has 4 CB's in front of him.

Because THB is an academy player, if Garica stays then zero chance he plays ahead of Eric. Ake has been injured, Stones is regaining form but had been largely out of favor from Guardiola while Laporte has also been injured here & there. Eric is in the rotation with Dias. If Garcia had returned to Barca, THB would be staying to get spot minutes - now he would've had no chance, hence the loan to a Championship side that is fighting for promotion (key minutes expected for his development)

Andresito

Staff member
Because THB is an academy player, if Garica stays then zero chance he plays ahead of Eric. Ake has been injured, Stones is regaining form but had been largely out of favor from Guardiola while Laporte has also been injured here & there. Eric is in the rotation with Dias. If Garcia had returned to Barca, THB would be staying to get spot minutes - now he would've had no chance, hence the loan to a Championship side that is fighting for promotion (key minutes expected for his development)

We'll see. Stones-Dias is a very solid partnership at the moment. If something happens to either, Laporte steps in. I don't know how long Ake will be out for, but can't see why Eric who's leaving in a couple of months would be ahead of him.

Logic would have him in the background only to step in when there's a CB crisis. Only way is if Pep is a bro to Eric and to Barca and squeezes him into the XI. Otherwise minutes will be scarce.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
We'll see. Stones-Dias is a very solid partnership at the moment. If something happens to either, Laporte steps in. I don't know how long Ake will be out for, but can't see why Eric who's leaving in a couple of months would be ahead of him.

Logic would have him in the background only to step in when there's a CB crisis. Only way is if Pep is a bro to Eric and to Barca and squeezes him into the XI. Otherwise minutes will be scarce.

I never said ahead, I simply pointed out that he has been a part of the rotation despite refusing an extension and his destination all but obvious to everyone. Moreover, Pep would not punish the player because he wishes to leave - he knows the player is professional and will give his all regardless. Most importantly, he trusts the player and does not hesitate to play him - always, it should be noted, as a sweeper when he does play.

Pep & Txiki pursued the signings of Ake & Dias after the player leaked his interest to return to Barca last June - even Pep's acknowledgement in August was prior to Dias' signing. Eric has been important but City logically needed to adjust to his pending departure by fortifying. Plus, there is far les confidence in the more expensive Stones. Now, however, Pep has to get the most out of the squad and it does not preclude Eric from playing...as has been the case this season

JamDav1982

I never said ahead, I simply pointed out that he has been a part of the rotation despite refusing an extension and his destination all but obvious to everyone. Moreover, Pep would not punish the player because he wishes to leave - he knows the player is professional and will give his all regardless. Most importantly, he trusts the player and does not hesitate to play him - always, it should be noted, as a sweeper when he does play.

Pep & Txiki pursued the signings of Ake & Dias after the player leaked his interest to return to Barca last June - even Pep's acknowledgement in August was prior to Dias' signing. Eric has been important but City logically needed to adjust to his pending departure by fortifying. Plus, there is far les confidence in the more expensive Stones. Now, however, Pep has to get the most out of the squad and it does not preclude Eric from playing...as has been the case this season

Man City dont play a sweeper...Pep plays him sale as with the other CBs.

There is far more confidence in Stones and how is playing this season. A level Garcia has not shown.

Home of Barca Fans