Eric Abidal

Doobs

The Messiah
Abidal would be setting a new precedent as no professional athlete in a contact sport has ever returned to the game after a liver transplant

Athletes in general dont make it back from such troubles, to think not too long ago we thought it could also threaten his life?!

Now he may return to playing a sport like football, at its highest level again.

:worthy:

Nothing else.

Jelboo

Even if he barely plays, it's great to know he can. Psychologically it's a huge boost! Welcome back Abidal! :)

F

Flavia

He is not real... cannot be. What a man. I'm lost for words.
I don't care if he'll play at top level again, the most important thing is that he is healthy and will be around with his family for many years :D

BarcaGirl

Wonderful news!

He is such an inspiration. To come through the set backs he has had and still be able to play football again, he deserves huge respect.

Welcome back King Eric!

Stric

I'd be more than happy just to witness the moment when he comes onto the Camp Nou pitch and the crowd goes nuts. Even if it's his only 5 mins in the season.

Irish_Cules

Him lifting the Champions League trophy at Wembley was perhaps the greatest moment for this group of players in a number of ways. It would be great to see him back in the squad soon.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Just in time

Abidal-Profile-resize.jpg

:wub:

barcanuck

:king::abidal:

Best news of the year!

In my opinion his health issue demoralized us a little bit last year during the business end of the season and I think it's inspiring our hunger and amazing start we have had this year.

Let's hope he stays healthy first of all and he can grace our shirt in the champions league final again!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
What a hero! True inspiration!! :worthy:

Any set-back in my life and I'm gonna remind myself of Abi and his success story, how he made the myth of phoenix from the ancient Greek mythology come true... :abidal:

Home of Barca Fans