Eric Abidal

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
o lol

i think assist only count for the last player to pass it not 2.. or Messi would have a billion

diegomessi

has he ever played cb before?
he did last season right?

abidal main position is actually CB plays it for France
I dont think i have ever seen him play it for Barca but im confident he can

i think him and milito wold be a helluva pairing

diegomessi

yea abidal and yaya's pace should bail us out of to much trouble.. much like on saturday

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I don't think Abi will play CB though, it makes sense to play him at LB where he's been awesome. Walcott is sure to start and so we'll need Abi's pace out there. Yaya and Milito would be a good enough pairing IMO.

zanela

All those suggesting Abi as CB, like to know how many times 've you seen him play there? From what i've watched he gets caught out of position and more prone to one of his concentration lapses in central defense. The last time he played there was against Mallorca(A) towards the end of last season and was awful. I think we went on to lose/draw the match. Dom Dom is basically an idiot to deploy him there but we all know most of his decisions are questionable anyway. As much as hes improved his consistency and been solid this season, he's a liability at CB. Be it his sending off at Euros '08 vs Italy or his poor display in WC qualifiers play offs(1st leg?), he's not someone suited for that position. Just because hes pacy and Athletic doesn't mean he can be an awesome CB.
I'd rather Márquez play at CB than Bilal. Abi stays at LB. Thank you.

Last edited:

iced1776

Everytime Pep has had the option of playing Abidal in the center he's chosen someone else, he obviously doesn't want him there.

jairzinho

Playing Abidal at CB is not good decision for me. Its as risky as playing rafa there. Abi has few experience of playing at that position, besides we want him at lb to deal with theo.

Home of Barca Fans