Eric Abidal

Cule4life

The Culest
Abidal for president 2016! Who is with me? :abidal:

tumblr_lq2u0cmb2s1qii6tmo1_500.gif

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I'd give him any post he wants, roll out the red carpet and welcome him back with a firework display. Those tweets are truly heartbreaking. :cry:

The Observer

Why? Why did we have to get rid of Abidal? I would rather have sold Adriano (even though he does produce some clutch goals from time to time) than get rid of Abi. He is simply a better defender than Adriano, something we need more than another wingback.

He played like a 34 year old who went through a liver transplant in the first leg against Ukraine and got rightfully replaced in the second when shit hit the fan and they had no time for sentiments. It was a wise decision from Barca's coaching staff to let him go. Carvalho is looking better than him at Monaco, too.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
He played like a 34 year old who went through a liver transplant in the first leg against Ukraine and got rightfully replaced in the second when shit hit the fan and they had no time for sentiments. It was a wise decision from Barca's coaching staff to let him go. Carvalho is looking better than him at Monaco, too.

And he played like a fucking KING when he came back on the pitch here last year. I'd take Abi over Adriano all day.

The Observer

And he played like a fucking KING when he came back on the pitch here last year. I'd take Abi over Adriano all day.

I'd also take 2010 Abidal over anyone. But this isn't 2010 anymore. The fans need to accept that he isn't the same player now, understandably. The few garbage minutes he played for Barca last season don't change that. The coaching / medical staff isn't completely stupid to let Abidal go in times when everyone was crying for a centerback, even if fans think they know much better sitting infront of their computers. There was a serious reason apparently.

Puyol also looked like a rock in his first game this season. This forum was enraged that he didn't play against Milan then. A few days later he started against Betis and looked like a total liability under pressure. Once again - the coaching staff isn't stupid.

JamDav1982

No he didnt, he played well enough in games against easier opposition.

The only real intense game he played away to Bilbao he was gone by half time.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
He's coming to Brazil :D

Personally I have my doubts. Varane and Sakho have the two CB positions nailed on. Koscielny and Mangala/Rami will also probably be ahead of him by the time 2014 rolls around.

At left back he has Evra, Clichy and most probably Digne ahead of him.

I think 2014 too far for him.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans