Eric Abidal

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
You mean we should have 11 players that are getting injured constantly, lost their speed, have a salary of 6-7M euros and behaved badly with the press after he wasn't in the first 11 against Milan? Yeah, sorry at this point I would prefer another Pique, Busi or Messi, not another Puyol..

Oh dear, reading your posts gives me cancer and depression.

Andrew M

Maria is mostly right, though. Puyol is looking a little jaded these days. Has made numerous mistakes and his role seems to have been, on these forums, reduced to a guidance counsellor for Pique.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I don't see what's wrong with what Maria said. Although I don't know anything about the 'behaving badly with press' part.

Pepe Silvia

The smart thing to do is to keep Abidal at Barcelona. The fans and players love him, look up to him, and turn to him for strength at the back. He can't go anywhere else where this much responsibility can be given to him (Europe minutes, La Liga minutes, Copa minutes, CWC minutes etc). At a smaller club, it would be too easy and wouldn't provide the right type of challenges for the caliber of his intelligence and experiences. If not Barcelona, I would imagine he would want to give it up.

Stric

The highlights of 2012/2013 in one picture.

Barcelona-13-05-13-Rua-del-FC-_54373475668_54115221152_960_640.jpg

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Looks like there are more & more rumours that he will not be renewed...Shame, I think it leaves a black eye on the club

F1_STK

It's a shame we won't renew Abidal and that they didn't even talked straight to him. At the same time, they will send people to Brazil to sign Neymar.. :facepalm:

BarcaGirl

Tw Venditelli (agent Abidal): "We'll soon explain the situation and future of Eric. It's not yet the time... Thanks for your understanding."

This doesn't sound good. :( I so wish he would stay another year.

Home of Barca Fans