Eric Abidal

abual3bed1

Looks like he's leaving as no renewal offer has been shown to him so far. The player doesn't think the club will offer him an extension. Says SPORT.

Stric

I remember the first time seeing him play for Barcelona, I was just amazed how confident and intelligent he was on the ball. Thanks for the memories, Abi!

sabby

Is it because of the salary or his fitness ? What I've seen from that liga match he's still a world class defender. I say sell mascherano and Adriano(if we keep playing him at defense) and keep Abidal. He'll be very useful sub for CB and LB till he gets his proper fitness to play 90 minutes back to back matches.

aaron101

This club is a freaking liar. They said that they want Abidal to retire at Barca. Now they want to let him go?

spring

it's hard but we must make some changes! with alba and adriano as a left back and pique-maschi-puyol--new cb and even 2 new cb-bartra-muniesa, it will be very hard for him to find some minutes! and he still wants to play!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Considering how long Milito was carried by the club and how little he played, it would be a fairly big black eye to the club to kick Abidal to the curb when he can still be productive - even if he can't be a regular starter any longer...Another to add to Rosell's list?

Let's see how it turns out, if I recall a year or two ago, similar sentiments were being expressed in the local papers that Eric was leaving the club

abual3bed1

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 5h
Because the club didn't yet start renewal talks, Eric Abidal, whose contract expires in June, thinks his contract will not be renewed [cope]

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Laporta-Rosell.jpg

Home of Barca Fans