Eric Abidal

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't think it's going to be today...

I don't either...Truth is, I expect that we won't learn too much through the media on his progress...Apart from knowing he recovered etc...The club did such a fine job of keeping a tight lid on information last season that I don't believe we'll be privy to much more now that the stakes look even higher

Maria

Am I the only one who is disgusted by all this false information that comes from the spanish/catalan media? If they don't know the date of Abi's surgery, why are they acting like they do?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Part of it is probably mere speculation on the part of the media on what is likely, the bigger part, serious privacy on the part of the player/club

Doobs

The Messiah
I may have some good news.

Guillem Balague claims that Abidal could recover in time for next season.

But its Guillem Balague. :facepalm:

Maria

I may have some good news.

Guillem Balague claims that Abidal could recover in time for next season.

But its Guillem Balague. :facepalm:

We don't even know if the operation will be a succes..how can Balague claim that Abi will even play in the future, nevermind next season? The possibility of that to happen is very slim.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
We don't even know if the operation will be a succes..how can Balague claim that Abi will even play in the future, nevermind next season? The possibility of that to happen is very slim.

The Doc was pretty confident that operation will be a success but will be an intense one .He also said , he at this moment can not comment about Abi's future because everything depends Abi only.ona fm.

F

Flavia

He was at training today:

2012-03-26_ENTRENO_05.v1332773131.JPG

JonM

How could you even set a date for a transplant? Don't you have to do it in the few hours after the death of the donor? It's not like anyone knows when a compatible donor will die.

Last edited:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
How could you even set a date for a transplant? Don't you have to do it in the few hours after the death of the donor? It's not like anyone knows when a compatible donor will die.

the organ can be kept fresh after the demise of the owner for a certain length of time

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
I heard his childhood friend was donating the organ to him?
I am not really good at medical science, can someone explain what will be the procedure of the donation ?

F

Flavia

A friend, or relative, I'm not sure which, will be the donor. The liver grows back, so a living donor is possible.

Pitbull2k4

How well could he do with his new liver, granted everything works out, 90-100%?

Is it that a liver transplant itself is career threatening, or just the chance of rejection etc. ?

Anyways, his health comes first, football second. Hoping to hear that his surgery went well soon.

:abidal: :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans