Eric Abidal

maz

I walk the line
I disagree. We have two players who offer different things. Both players will get considerable minutes since full back is position where personel are often rotated. We'll see both players.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
I'll wait till I see Maxi defend against the likes of Jesus Navas and Ronaldo before joining the jizzfest.

Evil

Shabazz
Abidal is better in terms of defending, but Maxi is better at being a full back i.e attacking and defending at the same time ... Abidal RARElY goes forward ... but we don't really need him to with Alves on the pitch.

In regular matches I'd like to see Maxi playing, but when we go up against teams with powerful wingers I'd feel more safe with Abidal.

MinaFCB

Abidal is better in terms of defending, but Maxi is better at being a full back i.e attacking and defending at the same time ... Abidal RARElY goes forward ... but we don't really need him to with Alves on the pitch.

In regular matches I'd like to see Maxi playing, but when we go up against teams with powerful wingers I'd feel more safe with Abidal.

:worthy::beer2::party00231:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

not me.

coz abidal is useless at defending as well. he allows his defenders acres of space to get the cross in. remember osasuna? or how about palanca (now back in castilla) in the first clasico? he's a fucking joke and both madrid's goals in the second clasico came down his flank.

he's fantastic at running back and covering our defenders, which is very useful and why he plays. it's just a risk because if people attack his flank, he gets exposed. however people tend to attack the other flank coz dani leaves such a big space. but this won't continue and people will figure him out. that's why pep was so certain to sign him.

maxwell > abidal, forever and a day.

if we want someone defensive at LB I'll take puyol.

J

Jordzibob

not me.

coz abidal is useless at defending as well. he allows his defenders acres of space to get the cross in. remember osasuna? or how about palanca (now back in castilla) in the first clasico? he's a fucking joke and both madrid's goals in the second clasico came down his flank.

he's fantastic at running back and covering our defenders, which is very useful and why he plays. it's just a risk because if people attack his flank, he gets exposed. however people tend to attack the other flank coz dani leaves such a big space. but this won't continue and people will figure him out. that's why pep was so certain to sign him.

maxwell > abidal, forever and a day.

if we want someone defensive at LB I'll take puyol.

:worthy::worthy: the point I've been making for sooo long. I coudlnt care less if Abidal doesnt go forward, he's a defensive minded defender, thats fine, no problem with that. But he cant defend, so really whats the point? If an attacking players runs at him he's shit....if we want someone defensive at LB i'll take just anyone other than Abidal.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Maxwell> Abidal for sure. Abidal offers much less than Maxwell although Abidal should played in the Copa and meaningless games.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Looked more than quick enough to me, also phenomenal leap for a smallish defender. One mistimed tackle doesn't mean he isn't quick.

MinaFCB

Nice performance during 1st half,some unexpected 'tricks' but 2nd not so good...luv him

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans