England

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If Ryan Shawcross played for a top 7 club he'd be in the team/squad every single time. For me it is a complete mystery why he is never selected.

The diamond formation can work but it needs a proper DM for that to happen. Neither Wilshere nor Henderson are that and you lose their best qualities as player by playing them in that role.

JamDav1982

If Ryan Shawcross played for a top 7 club he'd be in the team/squad every single team. For me it is a complete mystery why he is never selected.

The diamond formation can work but it needs a proper DM for that to happen. Neither Wilshere nor Henderson are that and you lose their best qualities as player by playing them in that role.

Shawcross is too one dimensional. He is slow and cumbersome.

Picking him you could only play one way - a deep line where admiteddly he is good at defending the area.

Can see why no big club has ever come in for him and England dont fancy him. They need better ball playeing, quicker defenders that allow for more flexibility.

Shawcross reminds me of Kevin Nolan too one dimensional to be picked for England and people tend to rate him far higher than they should.

Jenks

He played against Sweden and was shambolic. He hasn't had a look in since.

Anyway, at least the youth teams are developing their philosophy and are decent to watch...

Bucky

Penya Member
You're still being dramatic.

What's your address? Someone needs to send you a dictionary.

Or is that too dramatic?

If you'd said we were uninspiring and dull in the first half I could agree with you, but we weren't awful and in truth didn't do much wrong. There was absolutely nothing 'shambolic' in the slightest.

Erm, how about the fact we couldn't string a pass together and going forward they fumbled the ball, no control what so ever. For professional footballers that is shambolic, it is awful. In truth, that is wrong.

I'd say the problem is the expectation you seem to have.

Really? You know me so well. My expectation for the England team doing well died in 2008. If I was expecting England to do well and go some where in the WC, do you think I would have watched the games? I already stated in my original post "I haven't watched England properly in years and I can see why. Everyone keeps going on how bad they are, I didn't realise just how bad."

I accepted long ago that whilst we are a decent team, perhaps even a good one on our day, we don't have the players/infrastructure/confidence to challenge the very best. Accept that and you'll start to see the games for what they really are, rather than let the overwhelming expectation manifest itself negatively in your posts.

You need to learn to read.

Completely taking things out of context.

Consider our "conversation over" because I come here to talk football, to get away from the plastics and FIFA kids who think they know the game. Instead confronted by a Neanderthal who makes random assumptions and takes my posts way out of context. Where's the ignore button? Ah, there it is, enjoy :neymar::barca scarf::messi:

Thanks for posting the vids up Jenks, was a great watch. Hopefully there is some potential in the youth that will come through.

Last edited:

Jenks

By8S9SzIUAAdyb2.jpg

By7wjbkIYAAauwf.jpg

By7wFalIYAAjwAO.jpg

Morten

Extremely mediocre and boring performance, well, thats England in a nutshell. Too many mediocre players.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I know I'm late to the party but call ups like Lingard are embarrassing and makes even more of a mockery of England than it already is with Roy in charge,

He has played a grand total of 500 mins or so this season with one goal. However he plays for Man United so get him in,

The likes of Drinkwater, Albrighton, Zaha, Puncheon are starting and starring for good sides in the PL, week in and week out. Albrighton has 6 assists and a goal in the same period but because they play for unfashionable Leicester and Palace don't get a look in,

How can Delph start for England over Drinkwater? I know it shows how far england have dropped from Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard etc but this is a lad who starts for his club every week and has 5 assists. Delph has played about half an hour and done fuck all.

Jenks

Puncheon has no future with England, neither does Albrighton or Drinkwater. Zaha is a decent shout, but I don't think Lingard is in the squad as a winger, plus Zaha was dropped from U21 duty because of his attitude, so I don't suppose they're particularly enthusiastic about calling him up before they have to.

xavisionary

My pie in the sky England team for the Euros.

Hart
Walker-Smalling-Stones-Rose
Dier-Ali
Barkely
Vardy-Kane-Welbeck​

Would never happen but we'd have so much pace, energy and creativity. A lot of guts as well.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
This would be my team:-

Hart
Clyne---------------Smalling--------Stones------------Rose---------------

------------------------------------Dier-------------------------------------------

--------------Henderson-----------------------------Alli----------------------------

----------------------------------Barkley---------------------------------------------

------------------------Kane------------------Sturridge-----------------------------

I'd have Vardy as a sub and use his pace and pressing after 60mins. Sturridge is a crap sub and is better when starting and if fit is the best striker england have, so he should play alongside Kane.

However the defence is very questionable From Hart to Smalling to Stones and Cahill. It is England's biggest weakness at the moment. Walker can't defend and Clyne can, so Clyne must start imo. Just look at Walker's positioning against Holland. Awful.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
[formation=blue2,6]
Hart
Clyne-0-Smalling-0-Cahill-0-Rose
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-Milner-0-Dier-0-0
Lallana-0-0-0-0-0-Alli
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Kane-0-0-0
0-0-0-Vardy-0-0-0
[/formation]

That could work for England... Dier, Alli, Kane and Vardy are a must imo.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans