Endrick

Messigician

It just means Endrick has a long way to go before being ready for Madrid. Vitor Roque is scoring goals for his team for example, even if he needs to develop and despite already having made money to his club.

Also shows that Roque clearly is currently at a higher level than Endrick.
No it doesn't

It just means they got paid and they'd rather develop players they haven't yet paid for.

Andresito

Staff member
No it doesn't

It just means they got paid and they'd rather develop players they haven't yet paid for.
If Palmeiras would feel Endrick could provide goals and assists they wouldn't bench him just to develop others. They still have to win their games.

Why aren't Athletico benching Roque?

El Gato

Villarato!
Isn't Roque a year older?
Granted he's still played more then. But various reasons for playing time. Palmeiras for example is now 2nd in the league and cruising Libertadores, while AP are out and have been mid-table for a while

Some quotes suggesting he's more introverted than most Brazillians. Might struggle early and bloom later if work ethic in right place

Last edited:

Porque

Why would they develop him after they got paid

This. I think there are a few marginal bonuses (few million) if they play him, but nothing worth spending the time on him if he is worse at this stage than what they have.

Madrid will clearly have to structure there deal better the next time they forage into Brazil so that their player doesn't get left without minutes.

Endrick is extremely talented and will look much better in Europe for sure though. For now his expectation has taken a hit though, which isn't such a bad thing as the media hype was absolutely ridiculous before.

khaled_a_d

Why would they develop him after they got paid

Because they are trying to sell the next one in line.
They have Estevao Willian, who just turned 16, whom they want to sell for highest bidder before even playing for 1st team.
If they show bad faith with how they treat Endrick, no one is going to pay premium for Messinho. There are millions to be lost for them.

It is simply a case of his team being too good for him, they are one of the best teams in South America and he isn't good enough to earn more minutes.
They are treating him the right way IMO.

Messigician

If Palmeiras would feel Endrick could provide goals and assists they wouldn't bench him just to develop others. They still have to win their games.

Why aren't Athletico benching Roque?
Because Roque is older and better atm

Doesn't mean Endrick wouldn't be played more if he was still on market

El Gato

Villarato!
This. I think there are a few marginal bonuses (few million) if they play him, but nothing worth spending the time on him if he is worse at this stage than what they have.

Madrid will clearly have to structure there deal better the next time they forage into Brazil so that their player doesn't get left without minutes.

Endrick is extremely talented and will look much better in Europe for sure though. For now his expectation has taken a hit though, which isn't such a bad thing as the media hype was absolutely ridiculous before.

I dont see how this would fly. If Brazillians are smart they'd simply not go for any deal that compels them to give the player minutes and wait for the bidder that'll offer as much without such condition. There were plenty of takers. And it's not like they have to listen to Endrick's wish of choosing a particular team they'd have to negotiate with. He's 16 and would do what was told

Porque

I dont see how this would fly. If Brazillians are smart they'd simply not go for any deal that compels them to give the player minutes and wait for the bidder that'll offer as much without such condition. There were plenty of takers. And it's not like they have to listen to Endrick's wish of choosing a particular team they'd have to negotiate with. He's 16 and would do what was told

Well, they are getting good money for Endrick (best offer received infact) and most of the clauses are tied to what he does at Madrid and not Palmeiras.

I think from the point of view of when Endrick was signed, the expectation was that he would reach the first team like many Brazilians do at 16/17 (Vini, Rodrygo) and keep getting minutes.

So for that the bonus is not that huge, because from Madrid's point of view, they expected him to fulfill it.

El Gato

Villarato!
Checked stats quick to jog my memory and while it's true with Rodry, Vini was a rotation player at 16 and only broke in half a year ahead of moving to Europe. So I don't think the club can expect a clear cut guarantee. Nor does playing over in Brazil really mean much when a player is a coin toss on selfcombustion the moment they make it across the pond (Reinier).

Plus based on previous chatter on Calafat, I think they're very concerned with maintaining optics of respecting Brazillian clubs and their academies, so not sure theyd make those sorts of demands. Probably as a strategy to get better deals outside the crazy European market and give self a better chance to snap up the more serious talents.

xXKonan

The Brasileiro has gotten significantly much stronger in the past few years it's no surprise that Endrick hasn't broken into the main XI at his age especially a team like Palmerias which was considered the best team in Brazil and in South America in the last couple of years.

Palmerias is currently 10 points behind leader Botafogo but there's a train of teams such as Gremio, Flamengo, and Fluminense that are only 2-3 points behind them and Gremio still has a game in hand as well.

Endrick is just not starting material for Palmerias at this point in time which is not really a big deal considering this is Palmerias we are talking about.

Porque

I think though the expectation was that Endrick would be getting consistent sub and minutes by now. The old cliche of bringing on the wonderkid to get some play against tired legs.

A year ago Endrick was rated as a bigger talent than Lamal. Yet now Lamal is gathering minutes at Barcelona. So you would expect Endrick to be getting the same in Brazil.

I wonder how much the merry go round visiting Europes biggest clubs for matches in the VIP as they all clamoured for his signature put too pressure on Endrick. Last time that happened also involved Madrid with Odegaard, who also had his development setbacks and took a while to get going.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Stop making excuses for Endrick. Madrid got the dud, we got the real one.

Uncle Flo will be spending the next 10 years buying every young Brazilian striker in the vein hope he can find the new Victor Roque. Just like he did trying to find the new Neymar.

Barcelonitis to continue in the capital.

We won.

Catta

Stop making excuses for Endrick. Madrid got the dud, we got the real one.

Uncle Flo will be spending the next 10 years buying every young Brazilian striker in the vein hope he can find the new Victor Roque. Just like he did trying to find the new Neymar.

Barcelonitis to continue in the capital.

We won.
Flo got Vini, who will have a better club career than Neymar.

Home of Barca Fans