Turn of the tide?

• Yes

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 47.8%

• Total voters
V

Vega

We buy a shit load as well, remember. Over 30 million on a RB!

Real paid 30M for Pepe, which was an unknown CB, I think that's more absurd ;) Barcelona bought like 90Mil last season, but got 5 players (of which sadly 2, Caceres and Hleb never broke through), whilst Madrid paid that amount of money and more for only 1 player...

Look at the Champions League final squad, it had cost Barcelona 65 Million thanks to 7 players being cost-free (Made in La Masia + Sylvinho who was transfer free when he got to Barcelona). I think that it's pretty obvious Barcelona doesn't spend too much money on players ;) And Alves had a key role in this Barcelona, so the 30M was absoluely worth it.

S

Snyde

No offence snyde but you seem to have very little attention span which is obviously why you like whackit.
I like how you make 2+2 as 5 just to be the center of controversy.:wave: And ignore most anything relevant.

I said I didn't care for cricket but you're too far up your own ass to notice that.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I like how you make 2+2 as 5 just to be the center of controversy.:wave: And ignore most anything relevant.

I said I didn't care for cricket but you're too far up your own ass to notice that.

You do know that an ass is a donkey don't you? It's quite obvious you don't like cricket, you admit to liking whackit! As for 2+2 = 5, I'd say that "people at my uni don't watch every ball of a test match" = "test match cricket is dead" is a fairly extreme example of such a poor equation.

V

Vega

Atleti won't get Ramos, simply because they can't get pay his fee, nor will Ramos accept a transfer to a "minor" team when he is in Real Madrid. About the coach of Atleti, Abel hadn't start off that well, but he's won quite some games in a row at the end of the tournament, so who knows, if he picks up where he left off, Atleti might be one of the revelations of next season, although Atleti is always suspected to be a revelation and they never do reveal XD

I think with buying Ronaldo and Kaka, Real Madrid and Spain did gain some ground on English football, but if it doesn't pay off in game, it will have lead to nothing but the other leagues losing some spectacle in their own leagues... The PL still has players like Cesc, Torres, Gerrard, Lampard and a sh*tload of young talent. Imo, the PL still has some ground on the Spanish Primera Division because overall, it's a tougher league. If you would put number 10 of Spain up against number 17 of the PL, I'm not so sure that number 10 would win, wouldn't bet my money on it anyways.

E

Esteve

I disagree, I think within two years madrid will be a force in Europe once again and the list of potential winners will be; Barça, madrid, Inter, Juve, Man Utd, Chelski, Liverpool. Plus there's always the chance of a surprise package coming through like Porto in 2004.

Why do you see Inter & Juve being potential winners in the near future?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Juve are building well, Inter will become strong under Mounrinho. The big Italian sides won't stay silent for long

Hassan TPAH

Teams in the subcontinent have been turning their backs on test cricket for years so that they can play endless ODIs against each other. It's a shame that a part of the world which has produced so many fine players is abandoning cricket for whackit.

actually thats more to do with it ho it is sold... india still sells more than 50% of tickets, if not completely for all of its test... pakistan has the problem... but whenever it goes outside of karachi and lahore there is always a significant crowd in... becoz karachi and lahore alwyas used to get 2 or 3 ODIs per series there was no hunger in the public for tests... places like faisalabad and multan get a 50% turnout always... plus the PCB with it marketing and shit dead pitches hasnt helped it either... but pakistan aint gonna play at home for a while now, so it doesnt matter... but ever now if you have good pitches and rotate the grounds i think you'll get good crowds in tests... dnt know about SL tho...
as for no interest, as i said there are more than enough unemployed and people with nothing to do in pakistan, the administrators just fuck it up... most ppl do watch the matches, but its on their tellies... at which point the stadium conditions come in... so long story... but as i said, no mroe cricket in pakistan, so a useless argument...

Watch the 5 ashes matches this summer played in front of packed grounds for every day of the tests and then tell me test cricket is dead. Nobody watches every ball of a test match, it's not possible when people are at work or school for three days of the event. No offence snyde but you seem to have very little attention span which is obviously why you like whackit.

who said test cricket is dead... its just the paranoid english who seemed to be threatened by the asians playing ODIs... there are more test matches being played right now than in any other previous decade... so how could it be dead?

S

Snyde

You do know that an ass is a donkey don't you?
So you're too far up your own donkey to notice? Okay, thanks for clarifying. :lol:

It's quite obvious you don't like cricket, you admit to liking whackit!
I don't like any form of cricket, T20 is the only form that I can be bothered to watch because it's short. Anyways here's what I said about T20 which you made out to me liking it:
"T20 is the only thing that even mildly interests me. It's a bit of a joke ATM because of zero integrity"

As for 2+2 = 5, I'd say that "people at my uni don't watch every ball of a test match" = "test match cricket is dead" is a fairly extreme example of such a poor equation.
Yeah I said A=B. Maybe you need to practice your reading?

"That kinda thing goes on to support that old idea that test cricket is dead and only interests those who play it or care about cricket alot."

So goes on to support means implies/equal to and when I say idea it means fact.

Thanks for that. It's always enlightening to learn the language from those who invented it.

TheMessiShow

I think Spain is becoming a better league. We are hearing more rumours about players saying that they would prefer a move to Spain than anywhere else lately. This is definitely preferable especially from eastern European nations IMO. Eastern Europe has the talent, just need to nurture it

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Fabregas is suggesting he wants a move back to Spain. Ronaldo then Fabregas would definately put a swing back in Spain's favour. Serie A is saying bye to Premiership and La Liga hello Bundesliga and Ligue Un in terms of quality.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
With the CL draw coming up today and 2 months after last post do we still vote the same? Valencia kept all of their big guns, only sold Albiol.
Atletico Madrid also kept their team together.
Real took Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Xabi...
Barca is still the strongest team in Europe

Beast

The Observer
Things are now totally different although we are just talking about the big 2 cause the rest of the liga has not reinforced well ..
Valencia only positive side that they had unused quality loaned to other clubs like Zigic or Banega but the team is still like last year ( weak )
Atletico Madrid made 2 good steps in the form of Juanito (Crap but better than anything they have @ the back ) and Asenjo the bench remains crap unless Reyes can regain old form
Villarreal IMO are weaker and Seville made wise moves for Zokora *whom i highly rate * and Negredo
The EPL Chelsea-Manu are ok so far .. Arsenal will be a hit or a miss like every year and Liverpool def. weaker .
we need something similar to City rise in the liga ..
so at the end it's just Barca & Real ..
Serie A are sides i fear this year.. particularly Juventus followed by Inter

Home of Barca Fans