EL Round 16: Galatasaray - Barcelona 1-2 agg.

Andresito

Staff member
Sport has Gavi starting at AML with Auba and Ferran.

I really dislike having to shoehorn players in. Gavi shouldn't play LW. It hinders both himself and Ferran.

As much as I'd like Gavi to start, I would start him on the bench and give Frenkie max 60 min to influence the game before swapping them.

xXKonan

XI: Ter Stegen, Dest, Piqu?, Eric Garcia, Alba, Busquets, F. De Jong, Pedri, Adama, Aubameyang et Ferran Torres.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
For me always a Clasico is more improtant than a Round of 16 tie vs. Galatasaray in Europa League, always.

In a sentimental way, yes, absolutely. However, practically and especially financially, advancing in the EL is more important for us at this point, as it will guarantee us at least two more games to play.

Against Madrid, as long as we play well, a win, loss or a draw won't have much of an impact on our chances of making to the top 4 either way (in the grand scheme of things), which is our most important goal this season.

Bobo32

On the bench presumably...
That CB pairing worked great last game, the MC pairing is a big question for me and I want Gavi on the pitch but other than that I am pretty satisfied. Unfortunately no Alves available here so.

gregorrin10

Where TF is ARAUJO????

Starting in the Clasico, where we'll actually need to actively defend. Gala are pretty much going into this defending again, until we score. Garcia's passing and thus build up play is much better, and we'll need every one of our players helping to break them down with some incisive passing. Araujo can still come on today later, when we're hopefully ahead and Gala will actually be attacking. Hopefully we start strong like in Naples and get like two or ideally three first half goals (or at least one), just need to change the dynamics of the game as soon as possible, and preferably take their home support factor out of the game.

I like the idea of both Araujo and Dembele starting the Clasico instead, Dembele can hurt Madrid down that left side a lot with no Mendy available, while we'll obviously need Araujo in defense in that game much more than today.

Last edited:

Birdy

On the bench presumably...
That CB pairing worked great last game, the MC pairing is a big question for me and I want Gavi on the pitch but other than that I am pretty satisfied. Unfortunately no Alves available here so.

Who is gonna stop the Galata counters? Eric?

Yes, thankfully Alves is not available, and we have one of the best 1-1 defenders in Dest to defend the RB side

Home of Barca Fans