EL Quarter Final: FC Barcelona - Eintracht Frankfurt 3-4 agg.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
The Frankfurt manager clearly knew every big dent in our team and took advantage of it. Massive changes need to be made for next season, even ones Xavi might not be 100% on board with considering he clearly has a soft spot with the old team mates. Enough is enough.

gasgas

Don't remember the last time I hated so much an otherwise unknown-indifferent team before...

I know we were not as we should have been tonight, but these Schnitzel merchants rode on the luck of their life-time to qualify.
Pulled 3 crazy finishes out of their ass, and also relied on Eric's stupidity.

Wish West Ham blows the hell out of them in the SF

They were very good. Did you watch thegame?. They could have scored more

akaranzo

Now the young players are getting that permanent mental scarring of being embarrassed in European competitions too. Pique, Ter Stegen, Busquets and Alba are already ruined by this, so of course now it's time for Pedri, Frenkie, Ferran, Araujo, Gavi and Dest to all be too. We'll get to see all of them shaking in their boots for years to come whenever they face any team in the knockout stage of any tournament as they have flashbacks of nights like tonight. We are hopeless.

gasgas

The Frankfurt manager clearly knew every big dent in our team and took advantage of it. Massive changes need to be made for next season, even ones Xavi might not be 100% on board with considering he clearly has a soft spot with the old team mates. Enough is enough.

And Ferran

Sorin

Erase everything and start from scratch. Get all the deadwood out and bring players who will run through the ground for this club. Enough with players who can't run to save their lives or have the mentality of a deer in the headlights.

I'm tired of watching the same slow shower of shit we have seen since 2017.

Xavi should learn from these mistakes because like this he won't have more than a year at this club. 2 max because he has a name. But we were run over in Frankfurt and he did nothing to change that. Setup was all wrong from the start, mentality and intesity as well.

The less said about the management and socios of the club the better. They were more embarrassing than the players tonight and that's saying something.

Richard.H

First half was a disaster. No passion from the team. Frankfurt wanted it more. Also why is the camp nou full with their fans, wtf was the front office thinking? More than half the stadium was filled with them!!

Embarrasing from the socios wouldnt surprise me that the average fan in Saudi Arabia, India, Africa, South America love more the team than the average Jordi in Catalonia.

Last edited:

Birdy

Laporta should start an investigation on the embarrassment on the stands.

All these socios have names, they could find who they are...

Masetro10

Disgusting game. I am so sick and tired of only having 1 real goal scorer in the game. We saw the warning signs. Ever since we had our Magnum Opus against Real Madrid we have barely been getting by. A hard 1-0 against Sevilla, Frankfurt 1-1, another barely win against Levante 3-2 the alarm bells were ringing.

It's a lot of injuries again and fatigue sure from playing every 3 or 4 days. But damn. Having Traore and Dembele in the game basically means we have to rely on our CF to score every goal. We need wide players that can go past players AND can score.

Next on the list. Defense is still atrocious in transition. Garcia had Barca chasing the game from minute 1 almost. That ruined the game plan for the most part. Allowed Frankfurt to play counter all game which is our biggest weakness. (Always will be) Then they score a wonder goal and that's when you know Barca is in big trouble. 3-0 we are cooked. It all comes down to being willing to die by the counter which is fine if we are scoring. Except at the time of 3-0 we had 3 shots all game 80 mins in. What happened to the damn incisive direct team from earlier? Aubu is a shadow lately, pops in for a goal and goes missing 88 mins. Before he was omnipresent..

Dest what does he do and I need to temper this with I know he just came back from injury. But still we need better at RB. Araujo is great, Christensen may be good enough but this shows once again how good Pique really is.

I'm ranting but starting Gavi over Frenkie was dumb. Gavi right now is better as a sub. Even though he did some decent things and wasn't bad. He doesn't have the cutting edge that FDJ or Pedri have. Unrefined natural talent.

We need a real 9, a goalscorer winger and we can keep Dembele or get another supply type winger as well.

Dest out, Mingueza out, Umtiti out, Lenglet out, Memphis out, Traore out, Roberto out, Puig out, Luuk De Jong out, Braithwaite out, am I missing anyone else?

delancey

At several points or the game, I could hear Frankfurt fans booing our players. To make matters worse, many of our fans behind one of the goals left their seats in protest to the atmosphere. Well, that?s what the TV commentator said. Those fans should be setting the atmosphere, not walking out in protest ffs. Support the team and create more supportive vibes. All of this at the Camp Nou. 😅

Last edited:
Local fans have to be the among the worst in Europe. Camp Nou is the largest stadium in the continent and the fans almost make no noise. Where are the 50k barcelonistas chanting and supporting?

Blinkfloyd

Disgusting game. I am so sick and tired of only having 1 real goal scorer in the game. We saw the warning signs. Ever since we had our Magnum Opus against Real Madrid we have barely been getting by. A hard 1-0 against Sevilla, Frankfurt 1-1, another barely win against Levante 3-2 the alarm bells were ringing.

It's a lot of injuries again and fatigue sure from playing every 3 or 4 days. But damn. Having Traore and Dembele in the game basically means we have to rely on our CF to score every goal. We need wide players that can go past players AND can score.

Next on the list. Defense is still atrocious in transition. Garcia had Barca chasing the game from minute 1 almost. That ruined the game plan for the most part. Allowed Frankfurt to play counter all game which is our biggest weakness. (Always will be) Then they score a wonder goal and that's when you know Barca is in big trouble. 3-0 we are cooked. It all comes down to being willing to die by the counter which is fine if we are scoring. Except at the time of 3-0 we had 3 shots all game 80 mins in. What happened to the damn incisive direct team from earlier? Aubu is a shadow lately, pops in for a goal and goes missing 88 mins. Before he was omnipresent..

Dest what does he do and I need to temper this with I know he just came back from injury. But still we need better at RB. Araujo is great, Christensen may be good enough but this shows once again how good Pique really is.

I'm ranting but starting Gavi over Frenkie was dumb. Gavi right now is better as a sub. Even though he did some decent things and wasn't bad. He doesn't have the cutting edge that FDJ or Pedri have. Unrefined natural talent.

We need a real 9, a goalscorer winger and we can keep Dembele or get another supply type winger as well.

Dest out, Mingueza out, Umtiti out, Lenglet out, Memphis out, Traore out, Roberto out, Puig out, Luuk De Jong out, Braithwaite out, am I missing anyone else?

Eric Garcia. I understand we need good playing CB. But that is not their primary job

Home of Barca Fans