El Clasico 08/09: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona: 2 - 6

maz

I walk the line
Its not even worth going back to what madridistas or culés said. Fact is...2-6 speaks for itself. Historic win and hopefully the nail in the madrid 08/09 coffin. End of story.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
I think he's trying to say that both Man United and Liverpool are a step above Real Madrid. Hard to disagree.

Irish_Cules

yes we (UNLIKE MAN UNITED ) .. didn't lose @ home 4-1 like Man UNITED to LIVERPOOL
.. has nothing to do with the Classico or Barcelona.. ??!!! and the point you are making is ?

But you lost 6-2 at home......which is worse.I know the actual comment at the time had nothing to do with it but looking back on it can be related to the classico. I'm just saying that you came across like you thought that Real would never lose at home like that...but then you did on Saturday. Get it?

Beast

The Observer
No actually he (rather they ) thought the post was about Real beating Barcelona last year.. while the post was simply saying i feel much better that Liverpool beat Man United @ Old trafford 4-1 at least we didn't lose 4-1 in Santiago Bernabeu we are better then Man U case
... it's very simple they just got it all wrong over there ..

Irish_Cules

No actually he (rather they ) thought the post was about Real beating Barcelona last year.. while the post was simply saying i feel much better that Liverpool beat Man United @ Old trafford 4-1 at least we didn't lose 4-1 in Santiago Bernabeu we are better then Man U case
... it's very simple they just got it all wrong over there ..

No I knew you were talking about the Liverpool-Utd game. You sounded like you thought Real would never be humiliated at home 4-1. But then we just went and bet you 6-2. get it?

Beast

The Observer
But you lost 6-2 at home......which is worse.I know the actual comment at the time had nothing to do with it but looking back on it can be related to the classico. I'm just saying that you came across like you thought that Real would never lose at home like that...but then you did on Saturday. Get it?

@ home to Barca is different then @ home to Liverpool or any EPL team.. Barca - Real has a long history of head to head rivalry i personally witnessed 2 Maniata's in the 90's one to Barca & one to Real...

they was rushing to relate a comment to me over there in la la land with your friend Metaballs (a self confessed Man U ) they didn't search well
we can easily turn this into we beat u 11-1 before blah blah blah..etc guard of honor and all this kids talk leave it to that other forum ..
however Conor keep the other forum trash & kids to where it is as Maz said and i explained we have nothing to do with that place anymore..

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

@ home to Barca is different then @ home to Liverpool or any EPL team.. Barca - Real has a long history of head to head rivalry i personally witnessed 2 Maniata's in the 90's one to Barca & one to Real...

they was rushing to relate a comment to me over there in la la land with your friend Metaballs (a self confessed Man U ) they didn't search well
we can easily turn this into we beat u 11-1 before blah blah blah..etc guard of honor and all this kids talk leave it to that other forum ..
however Conor keep the other forum trash & kids to where it is as Maz said and i explained we have nothing to do with that place anymore..

I can't believe you turned a harmless piece of banter into that. Relax.

By the way, if your gonna call people kids and immature then you might wanna stop coming up with childish nicknames such as metaballs. :rolleyes:

beef-supreme

After having watched the match for the 3rd time (plus the highlights countless times) I have thought that the 3rd Barca goal was the hallmark Guardiola-era goal of the match, perhaps of the season. There was nothing particularly special about the way Xavi dispossessed Lass because Lass made a huge mistake. HOWEVER, the whole build-up to the goal was pretty much the following - Casillas' goal kick and Ramos' subsequent pass went to Gago, who was hassled by Xavi, so had to give the ball to Robben, who was hassled by Abidal, and gave the ball to lass, and this went on, with Madrid just passing the ball horizontally at the halfway line. No mercy from Barca, the best defending from the front. The single attempt to move forward was quashed when Higuain was harassed from behind by Yaya, and Puyol's slide-tackle cleared the ball. Before Madrid even had a chance to send the ball back, Messi robbed Gago, and even though Henry's run was intercepted by Cannavaro, the pressure was so intense - so Lass panicked when he saw Xavi running at him like a bull, gave the ball away, and goal. It was not a beautiful goal by any means but it showed a side of Barca that we never saw under Rijkaard. It was incredible to see such relentless pressure, and Madrid being given no time on the ball whatsoever. That's what Pep was screaming to his players - to go to Gago and to go to Lass, to eradicate Madrid's chances of holding the ball up.

It says a lot about Barca's state of motivation - that even though Barca may be the best passers in the world, playing the most beautiful and flowing football, they don't expect chances to fall to their feet; they know they have to work for them. I love it.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
well i actually went to el clasico and spent over a grand in the process so i think i have a right to be pissed;)..although i did see some poor Barca fan get his head caved in by some ultras so that broke my heart...

and if im honest it was worth every penny just to watch Messi rather than the jokers in the white tops:D;)

this is a quote from another forum by a madrid fan. i knew it wd happen. :sad1:

maz

I walk the line
Thats not good. Surprised we havent heard anything else about it. Although would be interesting to know the events that led up to it. If it happened then i dont advocate it but if he was taunting the madridistas he got what was coming. If it was just because they were getting out their frustration from the 2-6 then thats pathetic.

maz

I walk the line
Heh well thanks. But im not doubting him, im just saying these kinds of things should be in the public eye as opposed to incidents which are only reported on forums. However like i said it would be interesting to hear what events led up to it.

Home of Barca Fans