Edinson Cavani

Total-Football

I called it .. he's a top striker .. his off the ball mouvement and anticipation of the passes showed his quality against arsenal .. as for the finishing, shit happens .. he's going to bounce

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Until the next time he goes on a shit finishing spree as he's done for two years.

Last edited:

Yannik

Gotta admit, no player has managed to turn my opinion on him more than Cavani has this year. He isn't Ibras sidekick anymore, he's actually great. Sure, he is as wasteful as ever but he compensates this with the sheer amount of chances he creates. The result: 22 goals in 21 games. He'll be PSGs player to watch, come the Barca games.

I admit it's pretty funny. But the guy still wastes enormous chances left and right. Against top opposition I see him bottling, not finishing.

Yannik

I admit it's pretty funny. But the guy still wastes enormous chances left and right. Against top opposition I see him bottling, not finishing.

There haven't been too many top opposition he has played yet, but he scored once in each of the three games against Arsenal and Monaco. Also scored twice vs Ligue Un leader Nice this weekend and another 2 against Lyon some weeks ago, scored against Stade Rennes just prior to that (so basically in every game against the leading 5 teams aswell as all CL opponemts to this day).
Of course Barca is a different calibre but this "new Cavani 2.0" has so far not shown signs of bottling in the more important games and who knows if he'll start when Barca comes.

Just because he's scoring doesn't mean he's not bottling it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cavani scores once or twice but barça go through easy as he misses most chances.

Ahmedd

There haven't been too many top opposition he has played yet, but he scored once in each of the three games against Arsenal and Monaco. Also scored twice vs Ligue Un leader Nice this weekend and another 2 against Lyon some weeks ago, scored against Stade Rennes just prior to that (so basically in every game against the leading 5 teams aswell as all CL opponemts to this day).
Of course Barca is a different calibre but this "new Cavani 2.0" has so far not shown signs of bottling in the more important games and who knows if he'll start when Barca comes.

Even if he scored against all of the team you mentioned he still missed sitters, like against Nice last week, PSG could have easily won if he didn't miss. Against Arsenal too, he should have scored at least one or two easy goals.

Yannik

Even if he scored against all of the team you mentioned he still missed sitters, like against Nice last week, PSG could have easily won if he didn't miss. Against Arsenal too, he should have scored at least one or two easy goals.

half of the chances he misses are made by himself and his runs. He giveth, the taketh away. The quantity of chances are making up for his lack of efficiency, hence his incredible scoring record this seaosn. If he has 7 chances, then he'll miss 5 sitters, but those other 2 go in and well.. that might win his team the game, or draw it, or whatever. He's bottling chances, not games.

Last edited:

Ahmedd

half of the chances he misses are made by himself and his runs. He giveth, the taketh away. The quantity of chances are making up for his lack of efficiency, hence his incredible scoring record this seaosn. If he has 7 chances, then he'll miss 5 sitters, but those other 2 go in and well.. that might win his team the game, or draw it, or whatever. He's bottling chances, not games.

We'll see, i watch Ligue 1 very frequently, i know what i'm talking about and imo we shouldn't be scared of him. This is Barcelona we are talking about not Stade Rennais or Montpellier,even Ibrahimovic couldn't do shit against us when Paris was still great. And not only he is bottling games, he is bottling their season so far ! If it wasn't for him PSG would have ended first in both Ligue 1 and the CL group stages.

How can you say that when PSG dropped 15 points compared to 18 for the whole of last season...

Off the ball: 20
Finishing: 10

That's more like it. Such a contrasted player, one of the best header in the game and the best workrate for a 9, thus able to create chances for himself, but not a finisher. Even this season his numbers are barely any better than Griezmann, Suarez and Neymar, and all three have had a pretty shitty start.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
How can you say that when PSG dropped 15 points compared to 18 for the whole of last season...

That's more like it. Such a contrasted player, one of the best header in the game and the best workrate for a 9, thus able to create chances for himself, but not a finisher. Even this season his numbers are barely any better than Griezmann, Suarez and Neymar, and all three have had a pretty shitty start.

Griezmann: 9 goals
Suarez: 13 goals
Neymar: 6 goals
Cavani: 22 goals

And they've all had about the same amount of games (20, 20, 17, 21)

Ritchie

He's a glorified Higuain. A quality striker but bottles big games and stat pads in a weak league.

It's no point knocking hat-tricks in against Metz or whoever if you don't turn up for big CL games. In that respect he's the heir to Ibra.

El Flaco

Griezmann: 9 goals
Suarez: 13 goals
Neymar: 6 goals
Cavani: 22 goals

And they've all had about the same amount of games (20, 20, 17, 21)

Cavani: 1,05 goal per game

Suarez: 0,65 goal per game

Griezmann: 0,45 goal per game

Neymar: 0,35 goal per game

Home of Barca Fans