Do you think the 4 year gap between World Cups should be decreased?

Do you think the 4 year gap between World Cups should be decreased?

• Yes

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 41 87.2%

• Total voters

nebeer

Love is All
Do you guys think that the 4 year gap between world cups is too long? In my opinion, it is. Weigh the pros and cons here. Though people may argue that as it happens only once in 4 years, it is so special, but I think it just adds a lot unnecessary extra pressure on players and managers. Besides, whats the harm in having more football? More world cups mean more football. A team that makes the final of the world cup gets to play 7 matches only. So only 7 matches every 4 years for a World cup winner or runner up. And those teams which don't make it past the first round play only 3 games, and that's all their fans get to see for 4 years! That's cold! My proposal is to stage the World cup every 2 or 3 years. There are so many great players on the planet, and because of such a long gap we get to see so less of them in their national shirts. By decreasing the gap, we would give many great players one or two more world cups in their careers. Imagine how crazy we would all go if Champions League was declared to be played once in every 2 years! All the club fans would go crazy, so what about the national team fans? I believe they deserve to see more. The fact that we watch Champions League every year doesn't make it any less special or attractive. I want to know what you guys think on the matter. If you choose Yes for an answer, please mention the number of years you think should be the gap in your post. Thanks all.

XaviMessiGirl

But we have things like UEFA Euro, African Nations Cup, etc. to hold us over while there is no WC. So a lot of the national team fans still get to see their country play. I don't think we should have World Cup so often as it would make it less special and would start to take away from club play too.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
No because the World Cup is so special because it only happens once every 4 years.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
2011 copa america 2012 euro.. 2013 confedrations cup... there is something every summer.. of course it should be every 4 years that it what makes it so special all around

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
WC, EC(Copa America), WC Qualifiers, EC Qualifiers, Confederations Cup... you already have quite a large number of matches! Why would you want another WC which means another set of qualifiers too!?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
4 years. There is European championships in between so it's ok. 4 year gap makes it extra special.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
no way, its fine the way it is, with the copa america, euro cup and ACN there is enought competitions the way it is

Home of Barca Fans