Do Barca faced parked buses more than any other team?

huskerdu

I'm trying to find stats on who faces parked buses the most. Feels like Barca certainly face more parked buses than RM, but I could be wrong.

Anywhere I can find info on this?

L

linetty

style of play plays a big role in it. real doesn't face as many buses as we do because the play fast and don't let the opponent organize. we play like turtles and our rivals have plenty of time to position themselves as they wish.

i doubt you will find stats for this, who counts this anyway

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
style of play plays a big role in it. real doesn't face as many buses as we do because the play fast and don't let the opponent organize. we play like turtles and our rivals have plenty of time to position themselves as they wish.

Exactly. It is about time that Cules stop complaining about teams parking the bus against us and us only, we have nobody but ourselves to blame since we enable, even encourage them to do so.

Plus, our one-dimensional play (constantly trying to break through in the middle without real wing play, no real threats from headers and long shots etc.) makes it harder for us to break down a bus than other teams.

MagIX

I agree with linetty and luftstalag, our style is perfect for parked bus team.

We have only 3 possibilities against parked buses team:

1) ask or pray the opponent not to play a parked bus against us
2) always banging our head against the wall (parked bus) and hoping for some stroke of genius by Messi
3) find a solution vs parked bus team

Maybe try with the point 3 ?
Our style now has become boring.....and totally predictable.
The soccer has evolved, our way to play has been decoded, neutralized, but we continue to stand still looking to our glorious past (Pep era), instead of reacting and looking forward.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We don't face parked buses, we force the opponents to park a bus by playing so slowly

This is one of the main reasons for why we struggle.

In 2012 Chelsea parked the freaking airbus which we kept breaking time after time only to not be able to finish it off.

F

Flavia

This is one of the main reasons for why we struggle.

In 2012 Chelsea parked the freaking airbus which we kept breaking time after time only to not be able to finish it off.

Pretty much. We are too slow and lethargic. The ball keeps being passed sideways, with no purpose. So the opponent has time to organize deep, and we don't find the gaps to break them anymore.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We faced parked buses more than any club because we're one-dimensional. You can't just sit back vs. Madrid as they're strong physically and can hurt you from corners/crosses if you sit back that deep and concede possession.
I really don't know why we didn't buy one tall striker as a backup option in all these years. It doesn't take away from your style if you only employ it when regular gameplan fails nor would it cost much.

Antimadridista1

We faced parked buses more than any club because we're one-dimensional. You can't just sit back vs. Madrid as they're strong physically and can hurt you from corners/crosses if you sit back that deep and concede possession.
I really don't know why we didn't buy one tall striker as a backup option in all these years. It doesn't take away from your style if you only employ it when regular gameplan fails nor would it cost much.

Ibra says Hi even if he's not really famous for his headers.

ebc_99

Teams have been parking the bus against Barca for years because our players are so good, even when we played Man Utd in the 2008 semi they parked the bus even though we were shit. Now though it is partly because we let them, we play so slow it is so frustrating to watch, without Messi we would really struggle to create chances. It is about time we changed and need to forget about the last 6 years and start again.

I don't think we faced parked buses as much in around 2004-06, so maybe we can move back to that style that was similar but not so dependant possession.

Alarcón

Look at Bayern, how fast they play, and how they face parked buses every game. Look at Barça a few years ago, how fast we played, and how we faced parked buses every game. This style of play entails opponents parking the bus, it has little to do with how slow we are. The only thing it would lead to if we played faster is that we'd use the available space better, but a bus is still a bus.

hamad138

Banned
Bundesliga goes worse, first it started with 5 defender, than 6 and now they have 9 defenders and 1 striker.

That is not football, barcelona the same, they dont want to attack.

Cudos premier league, everybody attacks there

Home of Barca Fans