Dmytro Chygrynskiy

Gwenier

Hi guys! I like reading your messages. They show that you really do care about this team. So i just wanted to add a piece of information about your new center-defender Chygrynsky. The way he plays now in Barca is exactly the way he played in Shakhtar. You must take into account the fact that he has the following prorerties: quite moderate speed (far from Ben Johnson), good positioning during the corners but not in the process of the game itself, good but not perfect tackling, quite reliable and precise passing (not like in this game), almost perfect heading skills. At the same time never seen him doing any special tricks with the ball, dribbling, penalty kick, wall pass etc. Do not get get me wrong - he really is a good player but yet has to get accustomed to spanish soccer, much faster thinking, passing, even running.
IMHO. If your want Barca to score more goals then be ready to involve more players in offensive actions and that means greater chances for any good opponent to score in counter-attack. I liked all recent Barca's games and who cares how much dо they let in if they'll always score twice as much (just like Brazilians like to say: You score us as much as you can but we always score you as much as we want).
Again, IMHO, any of these two goals wasn't Chygrynsky's fault but unless he learns to make yet impossible for him things (just like protect the gate at any cost) then he'd much better do in Atletiko .... or bring him back to Shaktar (in first serious european match despite the fact Shakhtar won against FC Brugge 4-1 its defense was a complete disaster) with good discount :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys! I like reading your messages. They show that you really do care about this team. So i just wanted to add a piece of information about your new center-defender Chygrynsky. The way he plays now in Barca is exactly the way he played in Shakhtar. You must take into account the fact that he has the following prorerties: quite moderate speed (far from Ben Johnson), good positioning during the corners but not in the process of the game itself, good but not perfect tackling, quite reliable and precise passing (not like in this game), almost perfect heading skills. At the same time never seen him doing any special tricks with the ball, dribbling, penalty kick, wall pass etc. Do not get get me wrong - he really is a good player but yet has to get accustomed to spanish soccer, much faster thinking, passing, even running.
IMHO. If your want Barca to score more goals then be ready to involve more players in offensive actions and that means greater chances for any good opponent to score in counter-attack. I liked all recent Barca's games and who cares how much dо they let in if they'll always score twice as much (just like Brazilians like to say: You score us as much as you can but we always score you as much as we want).
Again, IMHO, any of these two goals wasn't Chygrynsky's fault but unless he learns to make yet impossible for him things (just like protect the gate at any cost) then he'd much better do in Atletiko .... or bring him back to Shaktar (in first serious european match despite the fact Shakhtar won against FC Brugge 4-1 its defense was a complete disaster) with good discount :)

Sensible post. After being impressed with him vs. Getafe we saw against Atletico that Chygrynskiy is still some way off adapting to Barca style.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I wouldn't classify the two goals as counters actually. Faults by the players (Busquets and Valdes giving the ball away) were the cause.

So far we haven't caught a goal on a counter imo.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I wouldn't classify the two goals as counters actually. Faults by the players (Busquets and Valdes giving the ball away) were the cause.

So far we haven't caught a goal on a counter imo.

to be honest iniesta has escaped a lot of flak for that second goal. he stood there like a schmuck while the ball was won by the atleti player. valdes' kick wasn't the worst in the world and had wendell fought for the ball then the break wouldn't have been as immediate.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
True. Now that I look at it again Iniesta really looks like he didn't care.

Still Valdes makes a wrong decision there. Should have played Marquez on the right or shoot it like a man. It was a crappy ball, long in the air, dropping even before the half of the pitch, which is a very easy ball to intercept. Certainly with the way Iniesta acted.

So in terms of blamables for me:
Valdes
Iniesta
Skiy Sports

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Andres mentioned something about avoiding all contacts during the match because injury is still playing into his head.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Exactly. When Piqué played his first two games, everyone would have said Puyol and Marquez are way better. Now it is the other way around. If Dima pulls the same trick, it would be awesome.

I don't even see why someone would say it. Like Piqué would have caught Kun on that break that lead to a goal, not at all. Maybe Piqué would have been a bit smarter with Forlan's goal. But Chygrynskiy hasn't made any real error at all. You know, errors like Marquez versus Chelsea at home.

BarçAFan10

"Made it, Ma! Top Of The World!"
yet again can't really blame pk for that either, your right and there are not many defenders to catch a player like kun on that occasion, chysus is smart player and should pick up on his mistakes, though his pace is a worry.

Home of Barca Fans