Dmytro Chygrynskiy

Beast

The Observer
Drawing too many conclusions there with little evidence really to attribute much to Pep on the financial particulars...What is known is that the player came at the same price Shakhtar initially demanded for him and remained cup tied...Those are aspects that fall under the umbrella of Txiki...He didn't get a good price and his failure to secure the proper deal early just resulted in him getting the same price without him being available for Champions League

Oh so now Txiki signed him while he was cup tied without the blessing of Pep ?

are u kidding me ?

how lovely..

now that he flopped ,once again the poor Txiki take Pep mistakes for the second year in a row

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
look it will be back to a debate we once head , just because you are an awesome manager doesn't mean you have the scouting talent , two different aspects completely .
now if you look @ the signings last summer which all of you contributed to Pep and clarified his name from the previous season flops you will see the following
Shag-miss-key = back to his club for a fee rumored between 12-15
K9 = no one is able to get rid of him flopped in Benfica, flopped in Fiorentina ..
Ibra = looking for a club to pay a good fee for him and already Villa is bought

conclusion Pep is an awesome top 5 manager but when it comes to judging talent he falls a little short so next time maybe "Pep knows better " isn't really a valid thing to say

I remember that debate.

but let's be fair:

chygrynskiy = a project abandoned after one year for whatever reasons. a flop, for sure, but hardly a sign pep can't judge talent.

K9 = not pep's signing in any way shape or form.

zlatan = major force in us getting NINETY NINE POINTS in lliga and getting to the champions league semi-finals. outstanding first half of the season, very poor second half but was improving markedly (you yourself credited him after the arsenal game) 'til injury knocked him right back down again. not a success? well, he spread his goals across more games than eto'o did in 08/09, scored more CL KO away goals in 1 season than eto'o managed in 5... he was brought in to help us increase the size of our playbook (check) score us goals (check) specifically important goals (check) and help us break down parked bus defences (half-check, he did it most of the season but failed vs. inter).

the signing of villa is nothing to do with zlatan. pep wanted to sign a left-forward last season but txiki didn't deliver.

now, if we're looking to sell zlatan... well I don't know. all I've heard is rumours. and then mino raiola being an utter douchebag.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Oh so now Txiki signed him while he was cup tied without the blessing of Pep ?

are u kidding me ?

how lovely..

now that he flopped ,once again the poor Txiki take Pep mistakes for the second year in a row

Seems lovelier, although perhaps a bit more revealing that you're convinced that the failure to secure a financially sound move for the player is on the manager rather than the technical secretary whose job it is to do exactly that :rolleyes:

Seems like you're just merely looking to heap more blame on Pep...Pep has his role in the blame game, if there's going to be one...But the financial aspect of the deal itself when there's actually a person there to do the deal in Txiki?...Don't hate Beast, appreciate

Beast

The Observer
Trust me i always said Txiki is an idiot and i laughed so hard from Albertini deal to Sexy Lopez and those who know me from the other forum know i rate 3 players in the 90's generation Hierro,Lucho & Pep .
now that's out of the way ,as much as i laughed on some of deals Txiki made anyone who know a little about Pep as a character and his obsession of being in control with everything (which makes him the great manager he is cause he care for the smallest details ) would laugh at the suggestion the Txiki dared to get a player who he can't use for the Champions league without the total consent and approval of Pep
I wouldn't be surprised if Txiki called Pep before his inked the transfer papers to get his final ok as well

dalitis8

Banned
look it will be back to a debate we once head , just because you are an awesome manager doesn't mean you have the scouting talent , two different aspects completely .
now if you look @ the signings last summer which all of you contributed to Pep and clarified his name from the previous season flops you will see the following
Shag-miss-key = back to his club for a fee rumored between 12-15
K9 = no one is able to get rid of him flopped in Benfica, flopped in Fiorentina ..
Ibra = looking for a club to pay a good fee for him and already Villa is bought

conclusion Pep is an awesome top 5 manager but when it comes to judging talent he falls a little short so next time maybe "Pep knows better " isn't really a valid thing to say

I have been saying this all along....I am liking beast's comments more and more....Clearly Pep's(Txiki's)signings last summer proved a horrific fiasco....Pep is an excellent manager/motivator,but his eye for talent appears to be falling well short...

XaviMessiGirl

Already? Thought for sure he'd get another chance, although yeah it's probably true that even if he stayed with us he wouldn't be played often anyway.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I have been saying this all along....I am liking beast's comments more and more....Clearly Pep's(Txiki's)signings last summer proved a horrific fiasco....Pep is an excellent manager/motivator,but his eye for talent appears to be falling well short...

that would be the pep who promoted busquets and pedro from the youth academy, both of whom have come from nowhere to be absolute top players in a matter of two seasons?

or picking up maxwell for 4m, who has turned out to be exactly what we needed in a backup LB?

or y'know, signing piqué, who's now one of the best CB's in the world?

yeah, pep can't spot talent/see who'll fit barca. :lol:

this "pep is a bad spotter of talent" malarky is all about gleb and chygrynskiy, basically. pep asked for both players and neither delivered (although I am sure there is more to come from chygrynskiy). the other bad signings (caceres, henrique, keirrison) have nothing to do with pep and all to do with laporta and his shady dealings.

he's got more right than wrong, to be honest.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'd add, wrt Meta bringing up Hleb, that he was the alternate to Arshavin...Another transfer that Txiki wasn't able to handle properly perhaps?

Home of Barca Fans