Dmytro Chygrynskiy

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Your right we do need a winger, obviously its in Txiki's plans otherwise he wouldn't have asked Valencia about the availability of Juan Mata.
We'll just have to wait and see really, i don't know if Laporta is willing to spend over 60 million euro's this summer on transfers, then again knowing how crazy this summer has been he could do exactly that.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Still deeply wondering why they so deperately want to sign another CB with Henrique being quite promising after his very solid season with Leverkusen in the Bundesliga. It could make sense if they ditch Marquez, but rumors say that his contract will be extended - or did that even happen already?

The only thing that comes to mind is when Puyol is given much more playtime on the RB - Alves spot actually. The latter however can also be put one row forward on the RW position when Messi needs a break. Sounds strange, but would also explain the current extinction of wingers (Hleb to Inter, Guddy on the jump) ...

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Hleb and Guddy were never competent as wingers imo, I'd like to see Mata as well. Not many options left for a good attacking CM/winger. Silva would fit like a glove.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Hleb and Guddy were never competent as wingers imo ...
True, but at least they were counted in as wingers, esp. Hleb who played there pretty much exclusively (except for the last 3 matches in La Liga when the CL starters were resting).

Going for another CB therefore could be a hint that no more "standard" wingers are brought in, and the gap being filled with Alves on RW and possibly Maxwell on LW also - on occasion ofc. Just an idea, and not that i wouldnt mind a transfer of Silva myself!

Last edited:

FlyLo

True, but at least they were counted in as wingers, esp. Hleb who played there pretty much exclusively (except for the last 3 matches in La Liga when the CL starters were resting).

Going for another CB therefore could be a hint that no more "standard" wingers are brought in, and the gap being filled with Alves on RW and possibly Maxwell on LW also - on occasion ofc. Just an idea, and not that i wouldnt mind a transfer of Silva myself!
I'm thinking Bojan, Pedro, Jeffren and perhaps even Gai to be backup for our wings the coming season, together with :iniesta:

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
We need another top class creative CM if we're to be relying on Andrés for wing-play, now that Hleb's gone. Time for Thiago to get some proper experience?

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
I'm thinking Bojan, Pedro, Jeffren and perhaps even Gai to be backup for our wings the coming season, together with :iniesta:
I never really liked Bojan on the wings (well, more than Etoo, but still ...), to me hes a true central striker, lacking the oversight and passing/flanking as a winger, where assiting and setting up opportunities is a major task.

Then he and even more Pedro, Jeffren and Gai are rather unexperienced. I dunno if Pep wants to rely on these young players for top matches in La Liga and esp. the CL. Thats why im thinking ALves/Maxwell as valid backups for those matches where you have to act with strong nerves - with the added bonus of strong defensive skills on those two.

Iniesta is an astonishing winger ofc, but that would open a gap in the MF that imo cannot be filled with true quality atm. Maybe Peps therefore heading for a MF backup to put INiesta more on the wings (he however played more matches on the wings than in MF already last season btw) ...

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
He certainly is a great player, with great long pass skills too. But, if we'd buy him, I hope he wouldn't be the last signing. We need another winger or another attacking midfielder, perhaps both if Gudjohnsen leaves.

E

Esteve

Its un fair to say Caceres is not good enough for barca, last season he was not give a real opportunity to show what he was capable of.
So saying he was not good enough is a fair estimation of his abilities, because when i saw him play he was quality he just needs to be given a chance he's only 22.

Sorry John, I just don't rate him. He's just too wild & I honestly can't see him becoming a top class defender. The problem was, when he was given a rare start in the first team, he didn't really impress. I think he's better off with a club where he'll get more playing time. Luckily, a big club (Juve) are interested in him.

Ken_rosseneri

if we get MATA..I'll be so happy...very young, talented, skillful...he will learn from our players big time n raise his mentality...but how good is Chyhrynskyi? rumour says he's better than Vidic...next season Barca would be very unpredictable...i can't wait esp with Ibra coming...he's very unpredictable...

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i think it would be a great buy but loan him back to shaktar and we pick him up next season..... fcbarcelonanews says the transfer is close

for a defender he is very very young and in 3 4 years could be puyol number 2

zanela

i think it would be a great buy but loan him back to shaktar and we pick him up next season..... fcbarcelonanews says the transfer is close

for a defender he is very very young and in 3 4 years could be puyol number 2

Howz he very very young? He ll be 23 this Nov and also a year older thn Piqué...

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
22 and 23 is a young age for a defender in a top team.

Do you think he is hot and sexy, Zanela?

Home of Barca Fans