Dimitar Berbatov

Rohit

all his goals that day came from either a set piece or a cross which was allowed stupidly by the full back. To top it off carragher needs to not be first choice anymore he just hoofs the ball and bloody got out muscled in the air by berbatov LOL its not like his bloody drogba isit

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Nobody is saying his hat trick wasn't impressive, he's playing very well right now, but its too early to say he's proved anyone wrong.

agreed.

all his goals that day came from either a set piece or a cross which was allowed stupidly by the full back. To top it off carragher needs to not be first choice anymore he just hoofs the ball and bloody got out muscled in the air by berbatov LOL its not like his bloody drogba isit

yes his overhead kick was because Carraggher and Konchesky were shit...;)

and his 1st was a corner, so hardly a stupid mistake from the fullback.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Nah to be fair Konchesky was noob for the first goal. A fullback MUST be on the post, but he was being huggy with Reina and handled the ball on its way in. And why Torres was marking him... Who knows?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Nah to be fair Konchesky was noob for the first goal. A fullback MUST be on the post, but he was being huggy with Reina and handled the ball on its way in. And why Torres was marking him... Who knows?

vidic, evans and o'shea are united's go-to options from a corner, and so would draw the attentions of their best markers, leaving torres on berbatov.

hardly rocket science.

okay well we'll just disallow all goals from free crosses then, shall we?

and why is being outmuscled by berbatov worthy of a "LOL"? have you ever watched him play? he's tremendously strong and his ability to hold the ball whilst holding off defenders is as good as drogba's is. he's not as aggressive as drogba but that doesn't mean he's weaker.

jesus, this guy was justifiably criticised at times for failing to produce, but now he's doing it against all and sundry you really should stop chuggin' on the haterade and recognise the skills.

Rohit

woah ive put my point across wrong it seems im not doubting berbatovs ability but what im saying is there was too many defensive errors in which he was allowed to scores. Btw strikers should not mark strikers to get rid of the so called go to men for united torres should been stuck near the half way line for a possible counter attack there united would have to put fewer men in the box. Coz its pretty obvious that torres is not a good defender so dont ask him to defend set pieces. Second point should have put across was all the goals were from set pieces or cross from nani could have been avoided if the full back marked the winger an got close to him preventing the cross. Berbatovs second goal could have been avoided had konschesky showed nani to the byline in which he would have had cross the ball into an area with no bodies rather them let him put it back in to the danger area i.e where berbatov was. Last point was not to put down berbatovs strenght the air but his not the strongest it was more of apoint to show carragher was shit maybe i should have used a better example but carragher gets beaten in the air everytime simples. lol i hope they cleared it up.

desoe

I think he's going to score against Bolton this weekend, because he always seems to score at Reebok Stadium, even when he's a shite :D

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah he was justifiably criticized cause he failed to produce for 2 years... But now he produces for a bundle of games and he deserves the kind of praise he's currently getting? No, I don't think so. If he produces for the whole season and Man Utd win the title then fair enough, but a bundle of games doesn't make a player a success, especially after 2 years of failing. It's not hating on him, it's the cold hard truth, anyone who thinks that he's suddenly a success has problems.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well he's not going to score every game, so you can't really pay out on him if he doesn't score every 2 or 3 odd games.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Yeah he was justifiably criticized cause he failed to produce for 2 years... But now he produces for a bundle of games and he deserves the kind of praise he's currently getting? No, I don't think so. If he produces for the whole season and Man Utd win the title then fair enough, but a bundle of games doesn't make a player a success, especially after 2 years of failing. It's not hating on him, it's the cold hard truth, anyone who thinks that he's suddenly a success has problems.

apart from at the back end of last season the criticism of berbatov was always unwarranted and overblown.

he always improved them when he played, moving their zones of possession higher up the pitch and increasing the amount of short passes they made. it was different to the swashbuckling stuff we'd seen previously with ronaldo, rooney and tevez taking centre-stage. but ronaldo was on his way out and tevez was a merc. so they changed it up and his work as a #10 allowed rooney to focus on being a #9 (a move widely credited with saving united once ronaldo left).

yes, in the final two months or so of last season he was in poor form and really let the club down against chelsea and blackburn especially, but people have been ripping him from day one (frankly I'm amazed it took that long for it to really get to him) because he cost a lot and then didn't run around like tevez or rooney, ignoring what he did bring to the party. it takes all sorts to make a team.

this was a make-or-break season for him, and so far he's stepping up and delivering. he's not a roaring success and he'll never be worth 30m, but it's safe to say he's finally showing his quality.

his plight was a lot like zlatan's, except unlike zlatan he's not a monstrous cockhole who thought he deserved star treatment and knuckled down and got on with it, so the manager never booted him out.

desoe

No attention for the current EPL leading goalscorer? :(
8 goals scored in 3 games, now he's probably going to get himself a 2 month vacation :lol:

Berbagoal from last night:

<OBJECT width="470" height="353"><PARAM name="movie" value="http://video.rutube.ru/0c054bf78cc076b7fea99b295c05c082"></PARAM><PARAM name="wmode" value="window"></PARAM><PARAM name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></PARAM><EMBED src="http://video.rutube.ru/0c054bf78cc076b7fea99b295c05c082" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" width="470" height="353" allowFullScreen="true" ></EMBED></OBJECT>

Berbapost few minutes later, tho :angry:

Y

Yaya Busquets

Berbatov has incredible technique,but the last two years before this season he seemed to be bored when he was playing.
This year he has regained his speed and is incredible.I hope he will continue the same way,as I support Man.United

Home of Barca Fans