Diego Simeone

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Since we don't have players in B team capable of replacing Xavi and Iniesta and thus re-viving tiki-taka, signing Simeone doesn't sound unreasonable.
We already play "ugly" football and tbf. most of us didn't mind while we were winning.

I

instinct

His playing style is maybe not the best but his mentality and personality is EXACTLY what we need right now. One of the best coaches I've ever seen.

I hope he stays in Atleti for at least 6-7 more years. He's starting to build something special there and Atleti and Valencia raising their game is good for the league.

Plus, players actually want to play for him so I'm not worried about Atleti's inability to throw Galactico-amount of money at the transfer market. I also like how he handles his youth.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Given the type of guy Simeone is, I don't see him going to Barcelona until after his next move, which will likely be to Serie A or the Premier League.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Given the type of guy Simeone is, I don't see him going to Barcelona until after his next move, which will likely be to Serie A or the Premier League.

He will either go to Inter, succeed Mourinho at Chelsea or replace Pellegrini at City.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Cholo has instilled a will in this team that never wilts. What a job he has done.

His players would die for him.

Bn8Q1HjIMAAA212.png

BerkeleyBernie

This was in today's Guardian "as it happened":

One thing Atletico do so well is double up on the man with the ball. They have a covering midfielder or defender there so quickly that rarely even someone like Ronaldo or Bale can find enough space to get a shot or cross off.

I've noticed this in previous games. This is the key to Simeone's defense, and why it's superior to so many other parked buses. They keep their shape deep, but send out an extra player to close down wherever the opposition tries to penetrate. They are aggressive, not passive, in repelling attacks, but only as much as is necessary, so the shape stays cohesive.

MagIX

Cholo has instilled a will in this team that never wilts. What a job he has done.

Yes, unbelievable will and mentality.
He always chosen players predisposed ( or potentially predisposed) to this attitude, and he built up a team of 11 worriors.
I would be happy if Barca would only have 50% of this fighting spirit.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
This was in today's Guardian "as it happened":

I've noticed this in previous games. This is the key to Simeone's defense, and why it's superior to so many other parked buses. They keep their shape deep, but send out an extra player to close down wherever the opposition tries to penetrate. They are aggressive, not passive, in repelling attacks, but only as much as is necessary, so the shape stays cohesive.

This. Kind of a hybrid between a parked bus and a pressuring team. Surprised other teams aren't trying it. Seems to work quite well.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He will either go to Inter, succeed Mourinho at Chelsea or replace Pellegrini at City.
Hoping for the 2nd, he's my top choice replacement. Plus he's not the type to stay somewhere too long, so we know he'll be off in a few years, just depends where.

Home of Barca Fans