Diego Maradona

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Who cares about his personal life. We're not impressionable kids, for a footballer, football is all that matters. You can criticize a footballer's personal life all you want but that shouldn't come into consideration when you're judging his footballing abilities.

You can when their personal lives interfere with their football, and with Maradona it did occasionally happen.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Veteran's indoor match between Maradona/Argentina & Valderama/Columbia...Some great goals, including one from Maradona as well as 2 fine assists...Valderama had a fine strike too but Aristizabal's chilena was a beauty

Maradona, still can play..wow

[youtube]Z0FDSwKLyl0&feature[/youtube]

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
images

images

images

He's really an awesome player, and a funny person (specially in world cup 2010)

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
You can suck it and keep on sucking it!!

As many people on this forum are aware, I will NEVER get over it. Best football quote of all time.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He enjoyed life while being the best in the world, nothing sad about that, he doesn't need a billion trophies or the most goals scored to prove it.

SO YOU CAN SUCK IT AND KEEP ON SUCKING IT!!

DucdeOrléans

I know that his addiction of coke started in Barcelona, but what have that to do with what I wrote? He also took drugs in Naples without it influencing his football.

Ocelot

Why did he leave Barca? Did he have problems ? Or just Napoli offered him alot of money? Same with Ronaldo? Why did he leave? Once i heard that nike pressured him.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I know that his addiction of coke started in Barcelona, but what have that to do with what I wrote? He also took drugs in Naples without it influencing his football.
It would have made him a fair bit worse actually, you can't be a drug addict and play to your best. He was just that good nobody could tell. :lol:

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
Looks like Maradona will likely be taking a coaching position in Dubai. Last I heard he was working on a contract agreement. I hope he takes the position seriously and is able to have some success as a manager. I will always cheer for my childhood hero!

Home of Barca Fans