Didier Drogba

Trequartista

The good
if he wasn't intent to play all the time we could do much worse than bringing him over here and using him as our backup #9.

well He sits on bench for EL Nina nowadays so he wont mind doing it sometimes for the MVP,he is 33 now and I am sure he will be willing to sacrifice some time for winning some trophies Chelsea can only dream about,then there is a problem of his price which would be probably max 10-15m and then a problem of wages,I dont care what he asks for
SIGN HIM ROSELL

Robbie

He's said many times that he dreams of returning to Marseille, the club he has supported as a child. He'll definitely leave for them this summer, since it looks like Abramovich is forcing Ancelotti to play Torres.

Bergkamp10

Of course he's Barcelona material, he's absolutely brilliant. Its just a question of whether or not he'd sit on the bench and whether or not Barcelona would pay £90k+ a week for a sub.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Of course he's Barcelona material, he's absolutely brilliant. Its just a question of whether or not he'd sit on the bench and whether or not Barcelona would pay £90k+ a week for a sub.

yeah, pretty much.

as has been said, it's much more likely he'll return to Marseille.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
If we could convince him to have a squad role and malaria hasn't affected his physical capacity too much (it doesn't seem to have, tbh, although he is scoring less this season) then he'd be the best "Plan B" we can get.

Barcilliant

I have always hated Didier Drogba. I've always said that if he was crossing the street and I was driving towards him I would not stop. I would run him over. Stop. Put my car in reverse. Run him over again. Drive off.

Then I read an article from Sports Illustrated.

I cannot hate him any more. He may be a disgrace on the field, but off of the field the man has a heart of gold. Didier Drogba, I apologize.

I agree-I thought this paragraph was very relevant-

On March 29, 2009, the same Éléphants who had brought so much joy to Ivory Coast bore witness to a scene of horror. An overflow crowd at a World Cup qualifier in Abidjan turned into a stampede, killing 22 fans and injuring more than 130. The next day Drogba visited patients—the injured and the sick—at a local hospital. The conditions there shocked him. "There were six kids in the same small room, and some were on the floor," Drogba says. "It's crazy. If you go there your chances to survive and get better are reduced, not because of the doctors but because of the environment."

Drogba hatched a plan with his sponsors from Pepsi and his club, Chelsea. The entirety of his reported $4.4 million endorsement fee would go toward the construction of a hospital in Abidjan through the Didier Drogba Foundation. With services in pediatrics, oncology and gynecology, the hospital plans to offer inexpensive consultations to ordinary Ivorians while training Ivorian doctors and treating 250 to 500 patients a day. After acquiring donated land, Drogba raised an additional $675,000 at a charity ball in London last November that featured appearances by his Chelsea teammates and the Senegalese-American singer Akon. "Now is the time to show people in Europe and around the world that we are going to rebuild our country," Drogba says. "It's a big fight, so that's why I started to raise money. It's not enough. We need more, not only to build the hospital but to run it afterward." More charity events are in the works, and Drogba's foundation is accepting donations on its website

I would like to see this guy at Barca. I cant remember an African player who flopped for Barca.

Fuck-his agent has confirmed he will stay at Chelsea-source soccernet.com

Hatem Ben Arfa

Apparently Jose Maureen-io wants to sign Drogba this summer.

If they get him, I can see him doing some serious damage to teams in La Liga.

impeh

Hi, its me..
i agree. He would tear a hole in most defences, not that he doesnt already D:

but, i doubt he will come. He wouldnt be happy on the bench for us, and if mou signs him i doubt it would be as a back up.. and he's ... 33 now? wont build the team around him.

so its back to france i suppose, bit of a shame, never really seen a striker quite like him.

Barcilliant

In 08-09 when Pep took over Pep was very interested in a target man. He wanted to get rid of Eto badly and wanted Adebayor (yes that no talent numbskull). Also Drogba was one of the names mentioned. Thank God it didnt happen otherwise we wouldnt have won a treble. Well I think now is the right time for Drogba to come. He will have to accept the bench role, he will be at a truly great club where he will have a great chance of winning stuff he didnt with Chelsea. Also he WILL get his chances. Plus he can enjoy time in sunny Spain as opposed to drearly old London.

I think he has the skill, the mindset and the ability to do well with us.

Home of Barca Fans