Denis Suarez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Everything is possible.
But he will be 22 in January, and in the last 2-3 years:
1. Man. City gave up on him cheaply
2. Barca loaned him
3. Sevilla gave up on him

Too many top teams have "gave up on him" in one way or another in the last few years.
Imo, his situation doesn't look too promising.

Man City didn't give up on him, he was by far their best academy player. They tried to convince him to stay, but he left to join us.

Barca loaned him because he had nothing more to do at the B team. He was our best player that season and too good to play for them and he usually did well with Sevilla too whenever he got to play, but Emery preferred the experienced guys instead.

Alarcón

Villarreal is a better destination for any young player, we will see what happens this season and whether he is good enough for us or not

Alik

We keep saying that we should move from loans to selling with buyback clauses.

Well that's what we're doing now. If he turns out to be decent, or even just better than Rafinha, we could have him back for cheap.

Jombi

We keep saying that we should move from loans to selling with buyback clauses.

Well that's what we're doing now. If he turns out to be decent, or even just better than Rafinha, we could have him back for cheap.

Buy back clauses dramatically reduces the fee we get when selling though. Selling a bunch of players with a huge discount/buy back clause while only buying back 10% of the players we sell this way might not be good business.

Alik

Buy back clauses dramatically reduces the fee we get when selling though. Selling a bunch of players with a huge discount/buy back clause while only buying back 10% of the players we sell this way might not be good business.

The alternative is a loan and it's not like we get huge fees from that or good player development which is the main goal.

Or we could have sold him straight without a buyback, and make a couple of quick bucks but lose all potential.

God Serena

It is very likely that this is his end of connections with Barca.

Unless he shows massive improvement in the next 2 Seasons, but really MASSIVE, that's it.
Loan deals, transfer with buyback options... When was the last when we returned someone who was pushed Suarez's route?

Lucho wanted to bring him back but his return was blocked by Fifa due to our transfer ban. For this reason alone I don't see us being finished with him unless he has a Deulofeu level season with Villareal, which isn't very likely imo.

He doesn't even need to show such huge improvement either. He's definitely better than Rafinha is right now, and can play the midfield role in situations where not-Thiago can't.

anguy

He doesn't even need to show such huge improvement either. He's definitely better than Rafinha is right now, and can play the midfield role in situations where not-Thiago can't.

The problem is we will have Iniesta and Turan for his position, so I don't see him getting minutes. Yes, they are both not the youngest, but can still play on high level for next 2 years at least. We might also buy some galactico, like Pogba next summer.

silvia

He has creative aspect. There need roatation with iniesta and rakitkc, he will get enough minutes if he comes.
Lets see how he does.

khaled_a_d

It is very likely that this is his end of connections with Barca.

Unless he shows massive improvement in the next 2 Seasons, but really MASSIVE, that's it.
Loan deals, transfer with buyback options... When was the last when we returned someone who was pushed Suarez's route?

Not saying he is gonna be gr8 Barca player .but 3 or 6 millions could be way lower than his market value .
I can see him and Adama being bought and sold in the next couple of years just to bring some cash .so technically speaking I can't say it is his end of connections to Barca

Man City didn't give up on him, he was by far their best academy player. They tried to convince him to stay, but he left to join us.

Barca loaned him because he had nothing more to do at the B team. He was our best player that season and too good to play for them and he usually did well with Sevilla too whenever he got to play, but Emery preferred the experienced guys instead.

I've to take BBZ side with this one
He joined Man City only 2 year b4 and he still had a contract yet they have let him move easily .there was no reports of him pushing hard for the transfer or anything .the deal went smooth and if Man City has really wanted to keep him they would have kept him .
We didn't give up on him and I believe loaning him to Sevilla actually saved us couple of millions in Rakitic deal ,so you are fair with this one .but then again Sevilla just took the 3M now and letting him go is a bit disappointment
Look,Suarez is talented but he reminds me a bit of Rakitic back during his Schalke day .I watched Schalke a lot between 2005-2009 and remember when they signed him in 2007 I was really a big fan and was hopeful Barca make a move for this youngster .2 years later I've actually forget about him as he didn't look to make necessary development
In 2014 he joined us and we know the rest ,as a youngster he was good but he wasn't Barca good until his mid 20's .that is how I see D.Suarez .I can see him being our level and reach his potential but he has long way to go
He won't be impact player if he joined us next year or year after .he could probably be that 3 or 4 years from now after we don't have buy back options no more .
But it could really hurt the kid career if push him into our team very early .right now he won't cut it over Arda/Rakitic/Rafinha and those have at least 3-4 years ahead of them .after Iniesta start to show more signs of decline the club will be under pressure to make a big signing to replace him too
I can see Suarez turning into good player and may be a star ,just don't see it with us and at least not into the near future

Morten

I was impressed with him last season, doesnt seem that Barca is too keen on him returning, for whatever reason.

Zinedinho

I'm watching the game between Sevilla and Atlético and I can't believe there wasn't room for Suárez. Hell, not even Konoplyanka is playing. Emery doesn't convince me. Lots of intensity, but even Simeone seems more interested in bringing some creativity to the game than him.

JamDav1982

Suarez was not setting the world on fire at Man City and they were not overly gutted to lose him on his perfomance at the time.

The fear from their fans was that he could turn into a player at Barca and leave them looking a bit foolish but he want hugely rated at Man City.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Suarez was not setting the world on fire at Man City and they were not overly gutted to lose him on his perfomance at the time.

The fear from their fans was that he could turn into a player at Barca and leave them looking a bit foolish but he want hugely rated at Man City.

Maybe not that hugely rated, but not a reject either.

Home of Barca Fans