Denis Suarez

5ergio_Busquets

He’s like a kid playing with grown ups. Weakest and slowest player in the whole league and messes up absolutely everything. When he gets the ball I immediately think our attack is over. Doesn’t look like a player who wants to impress and force his way into the starting lineup.
Agreed. He seems very content with his situation and not trying to prove anything. Players like this with no ambition or personality are not enough to play for big clubs.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's not slow, but very predictable and easily pushed off the ball. In fact I'm struggling to remember a player that's capable of doing something well only to lose his balance and go down when someone's pinky finger hits their shoulder.

M

MessiCam

I joked on a chat that he should play at U13 league.
Ok, players don't need to be 190cm tall robots, but it seems that for a football in 2018, players do need slightly more physique than Denis.

People are comparing him with Xavi's and Iniesta's physique, but Xavi was shielding the ball like a GOAT, and you couldn't push him down too easily.
Iniesta was able to run through players with ease (and with IQ).

Denis is just a weaker, slower version of famous players.
And whatever he does, he is always slightly too slow, too weak, pushed off too easily etc.
If he had an insane technique, he would be able to survive with his physical deficiencies.
But with his average footballing skills, his weak physique is just letting him down.
You keep repeating this. He had an average game but he wasn’t bundled off the ball despite Espanyol playing a very physical game.

Stop making statements without backing it up.

Vidal and Roberto were FAR bigger problems tonight.

BBZ8800

He's not slow, but very predictable and easily pushed off the ball. In fact I'm struggling to remember a player that's capable of doing something well only to lose his balance and go down when someone's pinky finger hits their shoulder.

Yes.
With the way he is losing balance easily:
1. he struggles to dribble past players. He is always fouled or dispossed
2. he can't get into a goalscoring opportunities too often, because defenders push him off or disposses easily again
3. on counters, opponents just run through him as if he doesn't exist

I am not even sure in this moment that some muscles would help him.
It seems that he has learned to play in this way (to be pushed off under the slightest touch) and it is too late to change now. Since he is 24 years old already.

5ergio_Busquets

You keep repeating this. He had an average game but he wasn’t bundled off the ball despite Espanyol playing a very physical game.

Average when only compared with the Celta Game at Balaidos where he managed to play even worse than today.

M

MessiCam

Average when only compared with the Celta Game at Balaidos where he managed to play even worse than today.

What did he do wrong? He missed that chance ok but other than that convince me he was bad.

He didn’t try insane dribbles but instead looked for the pass, had nice link up play with Messi in the first half. The fact that the forwards and midfielders saw little of the ball is skewing your judgement.

Other than Busquets. No midfielder or forward made more than 40 passes. That’s how good Espanyol was tonight.

Edit: Suarez was on the field for just over 30 minutes and had 3 touches.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Vidal and Roberto have nothing with this topic.

A classical Denis, trying and trying and doing nothing and just losing tons of balls, being dispossessed lots of times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkNZUQIrxiQ

5ergio_Busquets

What did he do wrong? He missed that chance ok but other than that convince me he was bad.

He didn’t try insane dribbles but instead looked for the pass, had nice link up play with Messi in the first half. The fact that the forwards and midfielders saw little of the ball is skewing your judgement.

Other than Busquets. No midfielder or forward made more than 40 passes. That’s how good Espanyol was tonight.

Edit: Suarez was on the field for just over 30 minutes and had 3 touches.

He did nothing and that's exactly the problem, he was useless.

FC433

He will surprise us with another team, but not here.

He did not find himself because of the lack of games. I think he can do a lot better, much better, but still is not going to be anything special.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some digusting comments. Sure, Denis didn't do well but he is far from "dogshit", "0", etc.

We could have easily won against Espanyol (and we deserved it) and then noone would question Denis and Aleix this hard for giving their all and providing rest to starters.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He will surprise us with another team, but not here.

He did not find himself because of the lack of games. I think he can do a lot better, much better, but still is not going to be anything special.

Don't think we'll lose any sleep over it. Callejon became a good player for Napoli. A starter and difference maker. He was still not good enough for Real Madrid. Probably the case with Denis too.

Home of Barca Fans