Dejan Lovren

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Stop the bullshit. Talking down on Barca players that have been world class for years and ripped your pathetic team a new one yesterday.
Straight swap for Gaya. :lol: GTFO

Messigician

I mean look, Alba is good and can be world's top LB on his day/week/month. Part of this run right now seems to be that Lucho lit a fire under his ass post-WC by leaving him out so he's proving people wrong and all that.
Think about it this way - will Alba ever produce at the same level as he does in Barcelona in another club for the next 3-4 years? I doubt it. Maybe 1-2 years tops and even that is completely circumstantial given it would absolutely have to be a CL-contender squad. And if you want to pay 60 or even 100M for a 29-year old like him that only has one contract left in him then be my guest. I'm pretty sure most presidents would at least consider cashing it in. A guy like Perez hesitates to buy anyone over 25 these days precisely, because it's only two big contracts and maximum of 8-10 years of same or relatively similar prime-time quality.

As for your question - I don't know. Mendy went for a similar amount, which I guess can be excused by his age. Spending this kind of money even on current Marcelo, arguably the best LWB in history, is debatable. Alaba for instance is a walking injury, despite his versatility. Alex Sandro? Good player. The likes of Marcos Alonso are nowhere near TBH and there is more of those types than anybody else these days.

Personally if I was an investor I wouldn't touch a guy like Alba with a ten foot pole, unless I'm desperate for a good-to-great LB for "right now". These kinds of people never leave big teams and playing with big stars like Messi and keep playing at that level.

Behave

Home of Barca Fans