Defender for next season?

MagIX

I was just generally speaking with regards to numerous posts in here. And im really ambivalent there as well, as i see Hummels as the perfect defender for Barca. But hes very instrumental for Dortmudn and id like to keep him there tbh ;)

And ye, tactically very intersting group!

I totally agree with you, Hummels The Wall is the perfect defender for Barca. Young, tall, physically a beast, talented, excellent vision of the game,......
I follow the Bundesliga and i really like BVB, they play a wunderfull soccer. But anyway (i'm not so sentimental, business is business) i really hope that Barca buy Hummels!! :worthy:

Vol. 1

Vol. 2

Hummels The Wall

Boris

those are some risky trough passes, we didnt see what happens when he fails. anyway he's got some skill, no doubt about that.

mixer

omg some papers say we are trying to sign Bale again.
SDhfy.jpg

peleomessi

Considering the present evidence, I think they will sign Victor Ruiz. In spite of the difficulties of bringing Jordi Alba and Victor Ruiz(or Adil Rami) out of Valencia FC at once.

I don´t count on any expensive defender for next season. 40 millions Thiago Silva? :beer2:

SeloBarca

What is happening with the Alba deal are they negotiating or has it collapsed, gone silent recently.

Apperantly were putting a hold on Alba if we get a green light on Bale..
Its kinda obvious they want to sign Bale for English fans :/

Alba>>>Bale, but i would rather have Alaba, and Hummels ofcourse. But i havent heard anything about Barcelona trying to sign him lately

Isaac_Cuenca23

I couldn't agree more with what you are saying. As I have been continually saying for a while now, we do not need another striker because we have Villa and he should be the classic #9. I think that he needs to be in the center and Messi be moved back out as a RW. If we do that, I guarantee that Villa would have a 25-30 goal season while Messi wouldn't maybe have 71 goals, but would still easily be able to be in the 55-60 range. Besides our classic 4-3-3 with Iniesta and Xavi playing as attacking midfielders in front of Busquets, this is the formation I want barca to use against parked buses:

Make your football formation with this11.com

Its a 4-2-3-1 but in reality, its more like a 2-4-3-1 and we would dominate teams offensively, especially against parked buses. Jordi Alba (we need to sign this guy asap before Euro comes when he has a great tournament and his price goes up) and Dani Alves give us width that would stretch back lines in order to give more space for Messi, Iniesta and Fabregas to run into. With Villa as the #9 target man, there would be too many threats for teams to man mark. That would force teams to defend zones and thanks to width from our fullbacks, it would neutralize the zone defense because there would be too much space for players to cover.

I use this formation in FIFA 12 and it works like a charm lol. Thoughts?

So against parked buses you want to play with no wingers and four players attacking through the middle. Allow me to demonstrate how teams would defend against that formation

The key to playing against parked buses is to play with more width, not less width. I know you have the full backs pushing forward but you still want wide forwards to create 2v1's in wide areas and force more opposition defenders out wide, thus creating more space in the central areas for the central attacking players.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Indeed, you'd have to try and stretch the defense, and with only fullbacks to provide width that'll be hard to do, as Chelsea showed. With only fullbacks to provide width, the opponent's wingers can be used to defend the wings, and all the other players can be used centrally, making it nearly impossible to play through them.

ammarfcb

ze special one
So against parked buses you want to play with no wingers and four players attacking through the middle. Allow me to demonstrate how teams would defend against that formation

The key to playing against parked buses is to play with more width, not less width. I know you have the full backs pushing forward but you still want wide forwards to create 2v1's in wide areas and force more opposition defenders out wide, thus creating more space in the central areas for the central attacking players.

only problem with that with more players on the wing if one of the 11 players parking the bus in the middle get the ball for even a second, they would have the middle of the pitch to themselves and can just leg it through the middle abit like the torres goal.

SeloBarca

No hummels arleast since he wrote a new contract :/ as it stands now, i think it will be Silva and Alba/Bale

Home of Barca Fans