Defender for next season?

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Hopefully people now can see why many of us have been calling for a CB being more critical than Cesc last season.

I just hope Barca come to their senses and sign one now.

psychotsek

Given that King Eric may stop football
Left back:
If Adrianno stays then buy Jose Enrique,if he leaves then buy Alba also.
Center back:
One of Martinez,Rami,Amorebieta,Dominguez,Botia.

dodi1982

Please no more Premiere League/Bundesliga Expensive/below-par Players

We need Alba+Boita for LB&CB then we should be good

catalan force

The granada Left Back. Scored an absolute beast of a Penalty against us. Can't remember his name. Suquiera or something. Rumors say that we have been scouting him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It'll really be hard to find quality additions this summer. And we are likely to look for both LB and CD. Thiago Silva is not for sale. Hummels I like but somehow don't see us going after him. Alba is ok but one-dimensional. And it is a question can he play a LB. I don't remember him playing there in any important match for Valencia.
Don't know how much we'll have to spend anyways as the club overspent last summer. I reckon 30-40 mil. tops.

sukhy

Javi Martinez for centre back - Tall, quick, strong, loves to come out with the ball, can pass extremely well
or if we can't get Martinez, then Adil Rami would also be good, he has a lot of those same qualities. Pep will defo go for a defender who is good at 1 on 1's.

For left back, it would be either Bale or Alba. Bale because he's a damn beast, also quite tall and would give Barca more help at set pieces. Alba because he knows the system inside out.

A back four of - Alves -- Martinez -- Pique -- Bale would be ideal for me.

AURELIUS

Benoit Assoue Ekotto very good LB.

For the Segunda maybe. Atrocious player. I guess your comment was very much tongue in cheek. Hummels will be very expensive. There will be a bidding war and you can bet your bottom dollar that Abu Dhabi United will be in the mix seeing as Savic has been nondescript and Lescott can be flaky at times.

Home of Barca Fans