Defender for next season?

khaled_a_d

The big question is are going to try to get a long term player ,or just get some one temporary for 6 months and wait until summer to get a long term player

impeh

Hi, its me..
screw you guys

abidal will be back. :wub:

:worthy:

.. ok we do need someone, but i fear if we buy in jan it will just be some cheap emergency singing that probably wont work or get much playing time. JM was the best option but we were out priced and went for song instead. With a lot of people assuming Neymar will come next summer that rules out a top defender.

pawanme10

I've been watching this guy called Okore for some 6-7 games of FC. Nordsjælland. He is just 20 and is already great in defense. Has got good pace, height and very good on the ball, too. We can get him for cheap now. Is a real prospect.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
-Hector
-Botia
-Dede
-Hummels (tough call he will be cup-tied)
-Vertonghen (lost cause but they can still try)
-Van Der Wiel

VdW sucks. He does not live for the sport, rather goes out and have a good time playing DJ or whatever. Absolute horrific mentality. I also have seen Hector Moreno when he was with AZ and at that time he did not look that good to me. Vertonghen and Hummels are great, although I expect the former to be a better fit to Barca and a better player. Dede I only know from FIFA, and I honestly expect a lot more here do... :p

Rato

One of his specialties.

Still needs to improve his passing, but his a incredible header. One more year and he's perfect. Reads very well the game which helps with the anticipation.

89Norcal

View attachment 6143

Maicon from Porto. He's going to be even better than Pepe.

Maicon looks good, and would give us a little more height. Wonder how much he would cost?

Still think we should look at Sakho. He fell out big time with Ancelotti and should be cheap compared to his value. Only thing I worry about is his weight

Arachnid

Maicon looks good, and would give us a little more height. Wonder how much he would cost?

Still think we should look at Sakho. He fell out big time with Ancelotti and should be cheap compared to his value. Only thing I worry about is his weight

It will never be cheap simply because PSG is one of the only two sides in the world who doesn't need any money whatsoever and can happily keep any player benched before giving him to the competition.

89Norcal

It will never be cheap simply because PSG is one of the only two sides in the world who doesn't need any money whatsoever and can happily keep any player benched before giving him to the competition.

Not cheap in general but compared to his value. True PSG are rich but keeping a top player on the bench, especially your ex-captain, is never good.

Clubs are not keen on paying a players wages when he is periodically out of form AND butting heads with the staff. Newcastle were even targeting Sakho and they don't bother unless they know there's an outside shot financially, because their owner is seriously uptight about transfer spending.

Plus his contract is running out, all these are prime conditions for a discounted transfer

psychotsek

Not cheap in general but compared to his value. True PSG are rich but keeping a top player on the bench, especially your ex-captain, is never good.

Clubs are not keen on paying a players wages when he is periodically out of form AND butting heads with the staff. Newcastle were even targeting Sakho and they don't bother unless they know there's an outside shot financially, because their owner is seriously uptight about transfer spending.

Plus his contract is running out, all these are prime conditions for a discounted transfer

All of the names mentioned a couple of posts above are better than Sakho.
How is ot possible he can play for FCB when he isn't even a starter at his club.
The way i see things:
Cheap:Botia
Cool:Garay,Dede,Maicon,Rami
Crazy:Hummels,Ramos

khaled_a_d

All of the names mentioned a couple of posts above are better than Sakho.
How is ot possible he can play for FCB when he isn't even a starter at his club.
The way i see things:
Cheap:Botia
Cool:Garay,Dede,Maicon,Rami
Crazy:Hummels,Ramos
Maicon is probably more crazy than Hummels, if anything I would prefer to negotiate to sign a player from Dortmund than Porto,they always sell with over price
Rami is overrated so not cool at all

Arachnid

Maicon is probably more crazy than Hummels, if anything I would prefer to negotiate to sign a player from Dortmund than Porto,they always sell with over price
Rami is overrated so not cool at all

Rami is excellent, when sitting deep and going 1 on 1 against forwards. We don't actually use this sort of CB. We need somebody comfortable staying in the middle with lots of space to cover and good with the passing.

X

xaviniesta

rami started playing pro football 5 years ago if i'm not mistakes. and he is 26 now.

psychotsek

Rami's price is cool though unlike Hummels' especialy with the hype around him.They are similar type of players (although Hummels is probably better) and imo far from what we need.Most of my post was to point that Sakho is just not that good atm.If we are to partner Pique with someone he has to be similar to Puyol and of the defenders currently available only Ramos seems to be closer imo.Yeah i know Ramos/horse etc but...

Home of Barca Fans