Defender for next season?

eh, it just means they (Inter, Chelsea, whoever else) figured out how to stop us going forward - by playing ultra defensive. And all THAT means is that we have to find a way to counteract that... which doesn't necessarily involve spending loads of money and replacing players, but learning to adapt just like those teams learned to adapt to beat us.

Yes,and I thought we reached perfection in passing but neglected other valuable stuff that can be succesfully used to counter our technique.We only have technique...
And when I see Real/City/Chelsea/PSG and their persuit of BALANCE-technique,brute strength,speed,heading and long range/FK abilities all in one team I get scared because it seemed to me that they are better armed...so I thought we cuold use strong,tough pacman for CB like Kompany/Kaboul or DM artilleryman like Gerrard/Boateng/Huddlestone etc.They don't fit much in our technique perfection,but I felt 4 a second that we're like obsessed with it aand obsessions are destructive...thats what I thought:blush:

eh, it just means they (Inter, Chelsea, whoever else) figured out how to stop us going forward - by playing ultra defensive. And all THAT means is that we have to find a way to counteract that... which doesn't necessarily involve spending loads of money and replacing players, but learning to adapt just like those teams learned to adapt to beat us.

Maybe I am easy-to-scare-whimp,but they frighten me because they seem more balanced then we are...we got technique,we reached perfection in it but...nothing else.
They also got technique(Silva,Di Maria,Alonso,Aguero,Pastore,Matta,...),not as much as we,but enough to be dangerous.
Problem is they also have some stuff we do not:
brute strength,speed,heading and long range/FK abilities.
I mean,how many goals that prick CR7 scored from FK?A lot!Or from outside the box?We don't have that,and I would like us to be perfectly balanced tem.Balance is perfection.
Guys,don't be offended by my oppinions,we must be united-not mock eachother-'cause we all want best to ur magnificant :barca scarf:

XaviMessiGirl

People aren't "mocking" you because of a difference of opinion, but because of an apparent lack of research. You think that Gerrard and KPB are DM's (which they are not), and that they are also better DM's than Busquets apparently since your dream XI has him pushed out of the squad. And Pique should be pushed out for Kompany? Come on dude, that just makes no sense. Yes Pique had a dip in form last season but he got over it, there is no reason to kick him out just because of that.

Like I keep saying, spending does not necessarily equal more success, especially not with Barca. We have a specific system which if we put the wrong person in the middle of it can mess everything up. Even putting that aside, just because some other clubs are trying to buy success doesn't mean we should follow suit.

People aren't "mocking" you because of a difference of opinion, but because of an apparent lack of research. You think that Gerrard and KPB are DM's (which they are not), and that they are also better DM's than Busquets apparently since your dream XI has him pushed out of the squad. And Pique should be pushed out for Kompany? Come on dude, that just makes no sense. Yes Pique had a dip in form last season but he got over it, there is no reason to kick him out just because of that.

Like I keep saying, spending does not necessarily equal more success, especially not with Barca. We have a specific system which if we put the wrong person in the middle of it can mess everything up. Even putting that aside, just because some other clubs are trying to buy success doesn't mean we should follow suit.

Dude you're killing me...I KNOW THEY ARE N O T DMs,but THEY ARE V E R S I T I L E players,man,Zanetti played EVERYTHING accept GK(or he once played GK in Clausura...),Masch plays several positions,I personaly watched Gerrard as OM,DM,SB!
What are you talking about,they wouldn't fit?All managers wish they had that ability of yours to see and be so sure if someone would fit even before he came...
off course,that possibility exists but-with which player doesn't?
I'm not pushing Busi out,just saying that we cuould rest him for 25-30 percent of season matches in which Gerrard would be maybe even more usefull.
Kompany has better technique than Pique.I'm not City lover but that gut is better in everything and can do anything and can fit in anything.
We also must evolve,not just others.We can't improve technique anymore,it has reached perfection.We need to be balanced team.We act like technique is cure for everything,but life is more complex-like in 'stone,paper,scissors' game-everything has something to beat and something that beats it.

jamrock

I hate fickle fans, pique had a season where he didn't go two months without a injury and all of a sudden kompany is better, hart has one good season and he is better than VV who has been doing it for 5 years. its people like these that tend to look stupid after a while to quick to write off and call another WC

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Daniel Agger, that's who I want, now that I know he's an option. Would be perfect as Puyol's replacement and would allow us to bring Bartra along properly w/o throwing too much at him right away.

XaviMessiGirl

Dude you're killing me...I KNOW THEY ARE N O T DMs,but THEY ARE V E R S I T I L E players,man,Zanetti played EVERYTHING accept GK(or he once played GK in Clausura...),Masch plays several positions,I personaly watched Gerrard as OM,DM,SB!
What are you talking about,they wouldn't fit?All managers wish they had that ability of yours to see and be so sure if someone would fit even before he came...
off course,that possibility exists but-with which player doesn't?
I'm not pushing Busi out,just saying that we cuould rest him for 25-30 percent of season matches in which Gerrard would be maybe even more usefull.
Kompany has better technique than Pique.I'm not City lover but that gut is better in everything and can do anything and can fit in anything.
We also must evolve,not just others.We can't improve technique anymore,it has reached perfection.We need to be balanced team.We act like technique is cure for everything,but life is more complex-like in 'stone,paper,scissors' game-everything has something to beat and something that beats it.

Re: Zanetti, yes he "can" play in midfield, but frankly he is not very effective there compared to a fullback position. The main reason he still gets played there is because the squad is thin since Moratti and Branca more or less disappeared off the face of the transfer market. And yes, Inter are a club that SHOULD be buying players, most of their players are aging, they are in a much different position than Barca.

As for the rest, I understand the need to have a backup (though I would say more backup for Puyol since he is more likely to need rest than Pique), but the point is it's a backup. We need Keita-type players, who are good and can deliver (but not necessarily world class) who don't mind mostly only being used as a sub.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Puyol has a year left. He'll probably retire after the season and would rather the club address it now instead of next year.

Acquiring a CB like Agger should be our main priority right now.

I hate fickle fans, pique had a season where he didn't go two months without a injury and all of a sudden kompany is better, hart has one good season and he is better than VV who has been doing it for 5 years. its people like these that tend to look stupid after a while to quick to write off and call another WC

You're 2 emotional.Besides,Hart is brilliant 4 several years.
But this is natural reaction,I expected it...people always understand it as an attack,I remember that from psychology classes...especially when it is the truth,It hurts them and they feel attacked...
I'm not sayin'g let's treat Pique and Valdes like trash and toss them away,just that there are better players we could buy and gradually incorporate in the team before others rich bastards put their greedy pawns on

Der Kaiser

Daniel Agger, that's who I want, now that I know he's an option. Would be perfect as Puyol's replacement and would allow us to bring Bartra along properly w/o throwing too much at him right away.

The question is whether he's OK with being 4th choice CB (when everybody is healthy). I cant see him getting ahead of Pique and Masche, and Puyol still has some gas left in the tank. Then there's Bartra who looked promising so far and will want some playing time vs weak opponents. But maybe Agger is just sick of Liverpools crazy management and wants to have some years playing at the top at the world, even when being a squad player.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Puyol has a year left. He'll probably retire after the season and would rather the club address it now instead of next year.

Acquiring a CB like Agger should be our main priority right now.
Puyol will stay longer he is on the verge of a new deal

Last edited:

Der Kaiser

You're 2 emotional.Besides,Hart is brilliant 4 several years.
But this is natural reaction,I expected it...people always understand it as an attack,I remember that from psychology classes...especially when it is the truth,It hurts them and they feel attacked...
I'm not sayin'g let's treat Pique and Valdes like trash and toss them away,just that there are better players we could buy and gradually incorporate in the team before others rich bastards put their greedy pawns on

Buying Hart to replace a solid, experienced home
grown keeper and Kompany to replace a potential world class home grown CB (Pique is still very young for a CB) would be something a rich and greedy club would do, not the Barca I fell in love with.

X

xaviniesta

puyi has 1 year left? he told recently that he want to go until 40 at least.

:puyol:

if barca buys hart, they should also buy carroll, because he gives the most passes to him. (check euro12 stats) should be a dynamite duo.

XaviMessiGirl

On Agger:

Rodgers has revealed Daniel Agger will participate in a practice match this weekend to enhance his match fitness after he missed Thursday's Europa League win over FC Gomel in Belarus.

"We have a behind closed doors game for him this weekend to help his match fitness," said the manager.

"Daniel is fit, but we have to make sure his physical condition is up to speed. He wasn't going to play and as that was the case, I wanted him to use that time to work on his physical condition."

He didn't miss the EL match because he's on the way out, but because he wasn't 100% fit yet. Unless Rodgers is covering it up.

Home of Barca Fans