Defender for next season?

Chainsaw

Killahead
Barca needs a CB and a LB. How's Aly Cissokho been doing now? Haven't been following him much lately but I used to like him before. Could be an option for the LB.

For the CB I don't want Thiago Silva. Get someone younger. My vote goes to Matt Hummels.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Going to need at least 2 signings in defense...A defensive minded LB, even if Alba is signed, and a CB...I doubt the club goes back down the Ukrainian route but I always did like Rakitskiy...We don't need any mental patients like Pepe, Marcelo or Ramos but defenders with a bit of steel ala Mascherano (who isn't even really a defender to begin with) are in short supply

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd love to say Hummels but he disappointed me (again) in Dortmund's latest match vs. Stuttgart yesterday.
I just hope we don't bring some clown defender from SA.

catalan force

I'd love to say Hummels but he disappointed me (again) in Dortmund's latest match vs. Stuttgart yesterday.
I just hope we don't bring some clown defender from SA.
Just finished watching the Dortmund vs stuttgart match. He looks really weak defensively though he is too much awesome with the ball. His assist from inside his own half to kuba(?) was out of this world and also what a finish:wub:
But he was also at fault for some of their goals. Cant really see him coming to us.. as he isnt upto our standards yet.. he has the potential but will have to massively improve.
I dont see any good CBs in the market which we could be buying. Thiago Silva is too old for us to make a move and also would cost atleast 30.
My vote goes to rakitskiy :wub: though it just as probable as messi being sold.

impeh

Hi, its me..
silva is the only one whos actually been strongly linked soo.. probably him.

personally id rather not pay 30m for him, as hes already 28? but hes a quality defender

ath0s

Well, considering that Bartra and Muniesa probably will/should be promoted next season, I don't see how this would be an intelligent move.

It will only slow their development.

Adding one more world class central defender would mean that we had; Puyol, Pique, Mascherano, Abidal, to some extent Busquets plus perhaps Thiago Silva and some youngsters.

Our youth is more than capable.

Look at history.

Send Fontas on loan somewhere and promote Bartra and Muniesa for central defence.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Ditto.

I'm not sure if we do need to buy a CB. We do have Bartra, Fontas, Montoya (RB) and Muniesa. If we were going to bring one in then I think Pep would have done it at the start of this season.

Home of Barca Fans