David Villa

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
How about we reserve judgements on both the accused and the accuser until it's all figured out? Seeing far too many people making out like he's definitely innocent because he's a famous athlete and she stands to POTENTIALLY gain something from it. Sexual assault/harassment happens to most women at some point in their lives so it's hardly crazy if the story is true. Far more people get away with sexual assault/harassment than those that are falsely accused and punished for it.

Men get sexually abused too but nobody ever talks about those.

Ah no, it's not because he is famous it's whole back story her attitude and the circumstances that led to her making the claim. This is the same skepticism I would have if it was just a regular bloke. Talking about whataboutism...

As it for both been horrific I agree however society doesn't. I've had friends arrested and jailed for fucking **** based on a "victims" statement. There was absolutely no evidence and the community painted them as been guilty. They were incredibly fortunate that video evidence surfaced of the incident. The girl got a slap on the wrist for ruining their reputations and potentially their lives. There are clearly double standards when it comes to sexual harassment and I'm my opinion the penalty for that type of purgery is insufficient.

Last edited:

Rory

Right so someone says they were sexually assaulted and instead of just letting that statement be there. Instead of waiting for evidence and stuff some people including you feel the need to automatically just say stuff along the lines of it?s probably bullshit. Just a really strange position to take without the full evidence. If it was your family or someone close to you, you wouldn?t be saying that.

khaled_a_d

Sexual assault/harassment happens to most women at some point in their lives so it's hardly crazy if the story is true.

That is true, but a lot of people confuse that with most men being predators which is far from the truth. It is still minority of men who made that act.

Right so someone says they were sexually assaulted and instead of just letting that statement be there. Instead of waiting for evidence and stuff some people including you feel the need to automatically just say stuff along the lines of it?s probably bullshit. Just a really strange position to take without the full evidence. If it was your family or someone close to you, you wouldn?t be saying that.

The response here is being skeptical, no one said they are sure he is innocents.
And the truth is -despite being confusing- such cases should be dealt by believing both sides. You don't treat here as liar and you deal with him as innocent until proven otherwise.
People here are mad from what they see of men doesn't get their part in fair way. And we are speaking about Villa, no one even remembers the name of the lady after they closed the tab that had the news. It is normal that we won't guilty him until evidence is there, not vice versa.

Far more people get away with sexual assault/harassment than those that are falsely accused and punished for it.

This is something we don't know sadly. Stats in cases of harassment/abuse are close to meaningless as in most cases we never knew what really happened.
It is sad that so many predators get away with it, and equally shit having bad women having power to destroy a man with just few words. It seems whoever is actually bad has bigger leeway of surviving

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

What is this absurd logic?
Don't form an opinion because...
Don't be skeptical of anything because...

You have a mother and sister? Lol

As I have clearly stated, I'm skeptical of this claim based on the publically available "evidence" at this point in time. obviously there may also be additional evidence that is not available to the public which will have a bearing on the case.

Last edited:

Rory

What is this absurd logic?
Don't form an opinion because...
Don't be skeptical of anything because...

You have a mother and sister? Lol

As I have clearly stated, I'm skeptical of this claim based on the publically available "evidence" at this point in time. obviously there may also be additional evidence that is not available to the public which will have a bearing on the case.

What sort of absurd logic is it to feel the need to post about being sceptical about a sexual assault claim when you don?t really know? Already trying to cast doubt on it. If you don?t know this is part of the whole **** culture people speak about. It?s part of the whole reason people feel like they can?t talk about these things because you get people saying they doubt it happened, makes them not want to speak out from fear of not being believed. And this is on a case where all the evidence isnt available.

You?re trying to make out like you?ve arrived at a logical conclusion with all this but it?s heavily influenced by your bias and your supposed own experiences with false claims.

My original comment was merely saying we should reserve judgement on both of them because that?s the fair thing to do. Shouldn?t cast doubt on either of them.

Whats it to you if I have a mother and sister? Find your questions to be super weird tbh.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
What sort of absurd logic is it to feel the need to post about being sceptical about a sexual assault claim when you don?t really know? Already trying to cast doubt on it. If you don?t know this is part of the whole **** culture people speak about. It?s part of the whole reason people feel like they can?t talk about these things because you get people saying they doubt it happened, makes them not want to speak out from fear of not being believed. And this is on a case where all the evidence isnt available.

This is a forum last time i checked and people come here to engage in discussion and post their opinions on various topics. People post their opinions without knowing or being privy to all the facts all the time. I do not agree with the premise that victims will not speak out because of fear that the public (that's a stretch here) will be sceptical of their allegations when the courts will and have ruled independently of any public opinion or scepticism. The court verdict on those cases has empowered victims beyond a point where stifling discussion & scepticism ever will. To add to that there are also now laws that protect victims during court cases (actually one of the most traumatic experiences for a victim) in most western countries.

You?re trying to make out like you?ve arrived at a logical conclusion with all this but it?s heavily influenced by your bias and your supposed own experiences with false claims.

Yes it's a logical conclusion, you saying otherwise also doesn't it make it true.
How do you think courts work? they make their judgements based on the available evidence to them, this is not really different other than I am not making a final judgement - i just think something is fishy with the story.

I didn't know that having experience dealing with these matters was somehow limiting my understanding of the complexities of sexual assault/****.

My original comment was merely saying we should reserve judgement on both of them because that?s the fair thing to do. Shouldn?t cast doubt on either of them.

Cool, society doesn't seem give that liberty to those accused of sexual harassment, yet i don't see a movement to stifle character assassinations via media and social media, If anything the media seems to ensure those assassinations occur. which is my primary issue with this whole situation.

Whats it to you if I have a mother and sister? Find your questions to be super weird tbh.
Wasn't actually a question it was a stupid answer (hence the "lol") to the questions i asked because you didn't state why you were against any form of scepticism, which you have done in your subsequent post.

Rory

This is a forum last time i checked and people come here to engage in discussion and post their opinions on various topics. People post their opinions without knowing or being privy to all the facts all the time. I do not agree with the premise that victims will not speak out because of fear that the public (that's a stretch here) will be sceptical of their allegations when the courts will and have ruled independently of any public opinion or scepticism. The court verdict on those cases has empowered victims beyond a point where stifling discussion & scepticism ever will. To add to that there are also now laws that protect victims during court cases (actually one of the most traumatic experiences for a victim) in most western countries.

Yes it's a logical conclusion, you saying otherwise also doesn't it make it true.
How do you think courts work? they make their judgements based on the available evidence to them, this is not really different other than I am not making a final judgement - i just think something is fishy with the story.

I didn't know that having experience dealing with these matters was somehow limiting my understanding of the complexities of sexual assault/****.

Cool, society doesn't seem give that liberty to those accused of sexual harassment, yet i don't see a movement to stifle character assassinations via media and social media, If anything the media seems to ensure those assassinations occur. which is my primary issue with this whole situation.

Wasn't actually a question it was a stupid answer (hence the "lol") to the questions i asked because you didn't state why you were against any form of scepticism, which you have done in your subsequent post.

There's no point in discussion if you're unwilling to accept some people don't speak out about sexual harassment/assault due to fear of not being believed. It does happen but sure you know better of course. The courts give people power to report crimes they may be a victim of therefore any and every crime is reported?

Just look at the stats of people who have said they have experienced sexual assault, if that same percentage of people aren't in prison for sexual assault crimes then there's obviously a discrepancy in people who report it/difficulty of bringing about evidence. That's also another point, just because someone is "proven" in court to have not done a crime does it make it so? Plenty of people get away with all kinds of shit.

Genuine question do you think Epstein was guilty of assaulting all of those women even though he was only convicted of a few crimes and not convicted of EVERY SINGLE CRIME. How about Trump?

Where did I say I was against ANY form of scepticism "(that's a stretch here)"? I'm against the idea that people look at cases like this with the mindset they are already on one side, the accuser OR the accused. As if they know anything about what went on until the evidence comes out. I think you know I meant that. Being "sceptical" of one side is diet coke for not believing one side.

Katarina1

Banned
There’s also an article in the Atlantic that I saw on reddit which supposedly goes into more detail but you need a subscription to read that.

Even the investigation from NYCFC which would probably be biased towards covering it up supported her story.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/23/ex-ny...ged-harassment-by-david-villa-training-staff/

Following the completion of an internal investigation that corroborated an ex-NYCFC employee’s sexual harassment allegations against former star player David Villa, Skyler Badillo detailed her disturbing experience as an intern for the soccer club and how her bosses fostered it.”

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans