David Villa

F

Flavia

It wasn't from anyone related to him. The guy recognized him and took the pics. He didn't buy food for them to get attention.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What?

Good on Villa for doing it. I just hate it when they make it public like that as if wanting pat on the back.

F

Flavia

It wasn't Villa who made it public. He didn't do it to get pats on his back.

khaled_a_d

What?

Good on Villa for doing it. I just hate it when they make it public like that as if wanting pat on the back.

I am not sure ,are you blaming Villa or blaming the guy for invading his privacy and posting such a picture which made it look like that?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not blaming anyone. I just don't like when they make public stunts of act of charity. It's poor taste. And now that you mention it, yes. For some it is also invading privacy.

Trickykid

Miss this guy, glad he's tearing it up in the states.

I'm glad he's doing well too (well, at least he's enjoying his retirement in the States), but do I miss him? Not really, no.

I've always felt he was a bit of a disappointment in Barça. Sure, that injury really messed it up for him, but even so I expected more from him. I wonder what his legacy here would be, had it not been for those goals against Los Merengues and the one in the ChL final.

BarcaOG

Banned
Nothing about that picture suggests it was Villa's intention to have the moment photographed.

Let's face it: people will always follow stars like him around (even if they try to be coy, like Villa is doing in that picture with his hood up). What he did is good--and if people (you can tell there are 3-5 people around) are taking pictures, well, Villa can't do anything about that.

I live in Vancouver and, when Villa and NYFC came to play the Vancouver Whitecaps, they trained in a field five minutes from where I live. Literally hundreds of people came out to watch them, take pictures and to ask for autographs. If that was here in Vancouver, imagine what it would be like in a city like New York.

Home of Barca Fans