David Luiz

Shegzy

Yes, that is why. There are no good CBs available, and any CB that we decide to buy out, we'll have to pay huge amounts of money, because everybody knows that we are desperate and that we have money to pay. We will not get away with paying a decent sum for anyone except some completely uknown player outside of Europe. We could choose the most mediocre player we can find and he'll still cost us a fortune.

what do you mean by saying ther are no good cb available.there are many cb's out there that are good and wouldn't cost us more than 30million.there is a difference between not been good and not popular.our overpaying is not a factor of desperating needing a cb it is as result of our big name and expensive signing we have made in the past.liverpool are also looking for a cb but since they are wiser they are looking at cheap ones/bargains like papoudolos/alderweid.there are many lesser known cb's that can improve our team but we don't seem to look for them because we want the popular ones and with big name comes bigger transfer fee and salary.

barcanuck

LOL just like Suarez is determined to leave Liverpool. Let's hope it happens, can't wait for the transfer window to close.

Bertus

LOL just like Suarez is determined to leave Liverpool. Let's hope it happens, can't wait for the transfer window to close.

Suarez clashing and determination is not a Rumor at all.

Luiz determination to leave so far is only rumored. Luiz didn't say or do anything to prove it.

TS should have been a lesson. You can't trust medias that supposedly report "determination" of anything without proof.

I don't say that to annoy you, but they said the exact same things about TS.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't see him coming tbh. Mourinho counts on him judging from his interviews so I guess he wont leave until we lodge a ridiculous offer which is not worth it.

Stric

what do you mean by saying ther are no good cb available.there are many cb's out there that are good and wouldn't cost us more than 30million.there is a difference between not been good and not popular.our overpaying is not a factor of desperating needing a cb it is as result of our big name and expensive signing we have made in the past.liverpool are also looking for a cb but since they are wiser they are looking at cheap ones/bargains like papoudolos/alderweid.there are many lesser known cb's that can improve our team but we don't seem to look for them because we want the popular ones and with big name comes bigger transfer fee and salary.

Name one. Name one of those cheap CBs that would improve a team where Pique, Puyol and Mascherano are the main CB options. Surely you can name a few, but I strongly doubt we'll agree on whether they're good enough or enough of an improvement to our current team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
See, Barca has scouts that are paid to look for players and know the market. Name one talent they snapped recently for a bargain price.

JamDav1982

See, Barca has scouts that are paid to look for players and know the market. Name one talent they snapped recently for a bargain price.

I dont think that is the approach taken to be honest.

They seem to think that the system will produce the young players allowing the transfer budget to go on established players who they scout heavily to see if they can fit in the Barcelona system.

That is the best way to go forward rather than taking chances on uproven players although at moment the CB position has not been covered from within.

It is not like they have a team of scouts that dont have a clue.

Bertus

I dont think that is the approach taken to be honest.

They seem to think that the system will produce the young players allowing the transfer budget to go on established players who they scout heavily to see if they can fit in the Barcelona system.

That is the best way to go forward rather than taking chances on uproven players although at moment the CB position has not been covered from within.

It is not like they have a team of scouts that dont have a clue.
I think Clubs like Madrid or Barca rely too much on the "We're the best clubs and we can get anyone if we want".

I mean, they think that as long as they are interested in a player, said player will do anything to join barca/Madrid.

Usually it works, see Bale.

A few times it fails miserably now that rich clubs appeared, see TS.

As for Luiz, so far imo they are more in a TS situation than a Bale situation.

To get luiz they need:

- Mourinho wanting to sell him and so far beside rumors that could well be fakes, nothing proves that mourinho is not counting on him.
- Luiz wanting to join Barca to the point that he would clash. So far, Luiz didn't show anything to prove the supposed determination.

Then IF they get both of this, they need to pay what Chelsea is asking for.

Last edited:

kollegah

The PSG situation with TS and Chelsea's now are not comparable IMO. PSG is playing with funny money, and that was never going to be a realistic operation. They are paying TS a huge contract, and simply gave him a raise with an even bigger contract AND paid over 30 million to bring in an 18 year to study under him.

Chelsea would never make Luiz their highest paid player just to keep him. Mourinho doesn't rate him enough (barely played him before his minor tweak). If this deal gets done, it won't be for any more than 35m guaranteed.

mou said never anithing that would allow us to think he doesnt rate luiz, just rumours, same with mata

Sergio16

i will be amazed if chelsea let him go, they already lack depth at centre back as it is, they need to add players there not sell, they'll be left with cahill, ivanovic, terry and youngsters if luiz goes, they won't win anything with that...

I can't remember where I read it, but there was some rumour a few days ago that Chelsea are already looking at Mangala in order to replace Luiz if he goes.

Meitux

I can't remember where I read it, but there was some rumour a few days ago that Chelsea are already looking at Mangala in order to replace Luiz if he goes.
Mangala is wanted to replace Terry according to what's been said,but maybe the situation will change if Luiz is sold.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans