David Alaba

Galning

Why in earth would we watch him? I mean, it's not like he's some raw gem, whom we'd need to assess properly in person.

And besides, even if we actually were scouting him, there's not a chance that Bayern would part with him.

:lol: they want to make sure that he'd be an upgrade on Adriano.

It's the only thing they do to be honest. When was the last time we signed a lesser known player? Yaya Touré?

BarçaBarça

He is the only player who would justify a world-record transfer-fee for a defender. Would be the best signing in the next 5 years or so!
(our other options for CB this summer come close to that amount of money :facepalm:)

Of course I don't see Bayern selling him, but why hasn't he renewed yet? His contract expires in only 2 years - which isn't a long time, his level, age and Bayerns careful foresight considered.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
He is the only player who would justify a world-record transfer-fee for a defender. Would be the best signing in the next 5 years or so!
(our other options for CB this summer come close to that amount of money :facepalm:)

Of course I don't see Bayern selling him, but why hasn't he renewed yet? His contract expires in only 2 years - which isn't a long time, his level, age and Bayerns careful foresight considered.

Well Messi's contract also expires in 2018?

Androutsos

Regardless of price I think it is safe to say this is a pretty risk-free transfer. Do not ever see it happening though.

F

Flavia

Alaba is not leaving Bayern. What's with this board and the chase of impossible signings?

BarçaBarça

Well Messi's contract also expires in 2018?

Yeah, but that's kind of a different situation. Bayern surely could add 5 years to his contract within a heartbeat, while Messi's next renewal might be the last, so it would be more complicated both in terms of length and in terms of pay-rise etc.. At the same time Messi will only play for Barca in Europe, but I don't know if Alaba has stated similar about Bayern?

To make it clear: I don't think there is anything to this rumour other than selling papers, I just wondered why his contract hasn't been renewed yet. It seems less complicated to renew him than Messi IMO.

Patricho

Alaba has stated multiple times that he would like a permanent role in midfield. But so far, partly due to having a staggering amount of injuries across the whole team, Alaba played mostly as LB or CB. Other reasons are of course his versatility and Pep's preference of playing 3 CBs.
I think if we can guarantee him a place in midfield, he would renew, but I'm not sure Ancelotti can do that. if any other team, whether that may be Barca or City with Pep, can do that, then I fear we might lose him, which would be our biggest loss ever.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Alaba is not leaving Bayern. What's with this board and the chase of impossible signings?

Small chance of it happening but he'd be a player worth purusing, even at the price he'd surely have to go for. Far more useful signing than say Pogba, IMHO. But will it happen? Seems very unlikely

El Flaco

[tw]709156932985163780[/tw]

The article from BILD also says Alaba will now earn €12M. a year (currently on €7M a year).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans