Darwin Núñez

Co0ter

It was only a matter of time after Mendes signing. Kid scores a hat trick, Benfica now saying he's valued at 100mil+. Just told my buddies this would happen 2 days ago 😂

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They're not getting 100m for him when Haaland and Vlahovic are going for max 80m and both are more proven and done it in better leagues.

Only way they get that much money is if a team like Man Utd go retard.

Co0ter

They're not getting 100m for him when Haaland and Vlahovic are going for max 80m and both are more proven and done it in better leagues.

Only way they get that much money is if a team like Man Utd go retard.

Portuguese teams never sell cheap, look what they did with Felix. He will go for big money imo, maybe not 100mil+ like they are stating, but for way more than he is worth and that is both a certainty and my point.

Teams have been getting way more money regularly for their talent. It's not rare anymore. We've not only seen Barca and United do it several times, but City, PSG and both Madrids too. Benfica is going to milk it, especially with Mendes on board.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Portuguese teams never sell cheap, look what they did with Felix. He will go for big money imo, maybe not 100mil+ like they are stating, but for way more than he is worth and that is both a certainty and my point.

Teams have been getting way more money regularly for their talent. It's not rare anymore. We've not only seen Barca and United do it several times, but City, PSG and both Madrids too. Benfica is going to milk it, and especially with Mendes on board.

Yeah I think he could easily go for 70-80m.

I do think he'd favour a move to Spain though if we or Real Madrid or maybe even Atletico are interested in him. South American players are just like that.

Andresito

Staff member

Teams have been getting way more money regularly for their talent. It's not rare anymore. We've not only seen Barca and United do it several times, but City, PSG and both Madrids too. Benfica is going to milk it, and especially with Mendes on board.

Can't compare it to Felix though. Benfica knew Atleti had cash from the Griezmann deal.

Co0ter

Yeah I think he could easily go for 70-80m.

I do think he'd favour a move to Spain though if we or Real Madrid or maybe even Atletico are interested in him. South American players are just like that.

We could realistically acquire him if his price doesn't further get inflated by good performances in the CL. Including Trincao at a 15-20mil value and offering 50-55mil would likely be enough since I also believe he'd probably prefer to play in Spain. Someone mentioned him having a knee issue, which is unfortunate if true and I knew nothing about.

Riordon

He has a bit of the same issue as Haaland. He is not that good technically and losses many balls and therefor his linkup play is not the best.

But that's what on the market currently. I wouldn't pay 70-80m for him, Diaz the better player in the same league went for 45m

No young Benzema who can function like and outlet and have the technical qualities of a AM.

Windhook

What is the issue with his knee? Make sure no Umtiti/Fati situation before signing.

Could be a potential issue, he missed almost 3 months of action in the pre-season last summer.

I don't believe his signing fee to be near the Felix deal for Atletico. The transfer market has deflated and back to some sort of normalcy, I truly believe that. Clubs don't spend crazy like post-Neymar/Barto era anymore. The normal fee for player of his calibre is around 70m I believe.

FinBarcelonafan

COVID calmed down the market but Newcastle will inflate the market in the next few years when they become more attractive project.

PSG too in their desperation.

Porque

Benfica are positioning for a sale. There is no prolific young proven scorer available this summer outside of Haaland and Mbappe. Nunez is still probably a tier or 2 below them, but it is what it is.

Not unless you cast your eye at a wideman who also has credentials to be a forward and some experience there, like Liverpool with Jota and potentially us with Ferran, it is a dry market. Adam Hlo?ek could be that guy, more suited to being a forward long term. But not showing prolific enough output yet and way too raw for our needs, and needs to be proven on a higher level first. But if he does that, his price will sky rocket naturally.

Home of Barca Fans