Darijo Srna

Dado

That is a fact! I am from Croatia and i have been watching Dario all of his career. He is one of my favorite Croatian players of all time but today he is not half of a player he was and that is normal due to his age.

Nowdays his defending is terrible (try to look a game Norway-Croatia).
His crossing is terrible and this was his specialty and not to mention that he has lost his speed.

He is nearing his retirement and that is a FACT! Only clueless person can say that he can play in Barca nowdays.

I confirm all of this.

There is a reason he has been "hiding" his whole career in Ukraine, and its not due to pretty girls over there...

I would call him average at best in his peak, but for the last couple of years he has been below average.

Dado

He was never a top league material but in Ukraine he was also payed well in by Ahmetov so no reason to go play at a mid table team from England and Germany and do nothing.

In Donetsk he had the chance to win a UEFA Cup with the team investing a lot in foreign players, not something a team like Getafe or Hoffenheim could afford.

Fair enough if we were talking about 5 years max, but to spend your ENTIRE career (best years ...) in Ukraine? That is just pure lack of ambition.

BBZ8800

Fair enough if we were talking about 5 years max, but to spend your ENTIRE career (best years ...) in Ukraine? That is just pure lack of ambition.

Could there be a possibility that each person is different?

Some will want to play in their home team their whole career (Totti, Xavi).
Some will run away at the first chance to play for a better team/getting more paid/whatever.
Some will jump ships and always go to a new "flavor of the year" team where they can win more trophies/break personal records with 50 goals scored etc.
Some players just love some environment, a club, people, players, the way how they appreciate you there.

To some extent, I get your point.
But it is like saying: every person should aim to be a president/doctor/an owner of a huge company=since that is (the only way) for a success in life.

Well, a success and happiness and is different for each of us.
Maybe Srna loved the city/country/people/fans.
And being a benchwarmer at Barca or Chelsea wasn't his first choice, plus he maybe liked more to be a starter and captain in Donetsk than to be a starter at Inter, Milan, Roma, random German/English team etc.

Not to mention that Donetsk played Champions league more often than Milan, Inter, Roma, Liverpool, Borussia and similar teams (clubs where he could have probably played).

Fans love you more in Ukraine, you are paid more, you are a captain, you will play a CL each season.
The only thing that a Western Europe offers is a sporting prestige.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He loved the cash and the conditions offered by the club, not something he would get anywhere else he would go, maybe except Zenit to some extent.

Bullshit. He could have gone anywhere else bar Barca with Dani Alves.
He is adored by Shaktar fans and their owner and that was probably what made him stay.

El Flaco

Pros:

• A professional we all can expect to give his all.
• Winner mentality.
• Experience who can teach Roberto a lot of things that helps improve the Spaniard to become a better RB.
• A leader (captain for Shaktar & Croatia for many years).
• Brilliant right foot when it comes to crossing or taking corners.
• Solid both offensively and defensively.
• Bosman.

Cons:

• High salary.
• Lost some speed, might have some problem against a player with pace.

You decide ;)

BBZ8800

He retired after Euros.

Vrsaljko is good replacement though.

Imo, Vrsaljko is horrible.
Zero attacking threat and link up.

Srna and Vrsaljko is like going down from Dani to Montoya at Rb in attacking sense.

Gaudi

Imo, Vrsaljko is horrible.
Zero attacking threat and link up.

Srna and Vrsaljko is like going down from Dani to Montoya at Rb in attacking sense.

I don't think he's horrible, he's decent RB, strong, fast, good stamina, ok cross. But he is stupid, or let's say not to smart and therefore he would be a bad signing for us, as our players need to think. In teams in which he just has to run-cross-get back and repeat he's good.

Wick

Don't like him. Don't want him.

Messi doesn't approve either.

[youtube]ljcxPyrTooA[/youtube]

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I don't think he's horrible, he's decent RB, strong, fast, good stamina, ok cross. But he is stupid, or let's say not to smart and therefore he would be a bad signing for us, as our players need to think. In teams in which he just has to run-cross-get back and repeat he's good.

Ok, Vrsaljko is surely not good enough for Barca.
But, imo, not good enough for Croatia also.
I wouldn't be surprised if Croatia will fail to qualify now or have insane problems in almost every match.

You could see yesterday that something was missing on the right side.
I had a feeling in the last 10 minutes that Modric didn't want to pass the ball anymore to Vrsaljko=because Vrsaljko is very, very dumb.
In one action, you could have almost feel/see how Modric sees Vrsaljko who is free, but then Modric just decides not to pass him and started to look for any other player. Modric also probably though: What? I'll give you the ball and you will just cross it in the box right away, like every single time when you get the ball, regardless of whether we have 1 or 10 players in the box and regardless of if anyone is attacking you or not.

But we are offtopic now.
Anyway, I can't stand these dummy players.
Plus, if Croatia will have Strinic and Vrsaljko as fullbacks, it will be hard to win any match, since it is hard to win when you play with 9 players against 11 opponents...

BBZ8800

Don't like him. Don't want him.

Messi doesn't approve either.

[youtube]ljcxPyrTooA[/youtube]

Wasn't Messi at fault here?
Srna is defending and not even looking where is he runing and it seems that he had an accidental contact with Busquets (or Busquets even pushed him).
Srna then loses his balance and gets in young Messi's way.
Messi even pushes/jumps on him him, and Srna more or less asks: what the fuck are you doing?

Messi then just goes into a full retard mode and even tries to fight.

This video isn't a video where Srna is a bad guy.
This is a video where young Messi for some reason had one retarded moment and lost his nerves too easily.
(It was a European supercup 2009, right?
0:0 at the 93rd minute, Barca will later win 1:0 with Pedro's goal in extra time.
Messi was probably pissed because we weren't winning easily)

Last edited:

vukkapor

Wasn't Messi at fault here?
Srna is defending and not even looking where is he runing and it seems that he had an accidental contact with Busquets (or Busquets even pushed him).
Srna then loses his balance and gets in young Messi's way.
Messi even pushes/jumps on him him, and Srna more or less asks: what the fuck are you doing?

Messi then just goes into a full retard mode and even tries to fight.

This video isn't a video where Srna is a bad guy.
This is a video where young Messi for some reason had one retarded moment and lost his nerves too easily.
(It was a European supercup 2009, right?
0:0 at the 93rd minute, Barca will later win 1:0 with Pedro's goal in extra time.
Messi was probably pissed because we weren't winning easily)

Yeah, Messi's fault here, Srna didn't do anything wrong..

Home of Barca Fans