Daniele De Rossi

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
People keep on underestimating the current World Champions. What has England won in their entire history? 0 Euro Championships and 1 World Cup won in England 40 years ago with 2 controversial goals scored in the final.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
People keep on underestimating the current World Champions. What has England won in their entire history? 0 Euro Championships and 1 World Cup won in England 40 years ago with 2 controversial goals scored in the final.
2? Just the 1 in a 4-2 victory. Why are you attempting to downplay England's one and only success? Italy are always able to put together a successful national team, like Brazil have been able to do, no one has ever doubted that - The rolex comment was only a joke.

zanela

So, of all the threads on the forum, u ended up deleting De Rossi's one...:frown:

Can a mod also be banned? :p :lol:

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
:lol:

very good player.. wasted in Roma.. he is a big plus to any team..sadly he is a romanista which means he will probably rot there

sadly, yes.

I remember after totti won the scudetto you guys wanted to buy him (second galactico after figo I think?) and he turned you down. I'm glad he did because had he moved on after that he'd have fulfilled his immense potential to be the best player in the world.

But they won the WC 4 times :D

twice in the 30's when it was a completely different game and participation was limited, etc. and if you discount those first 3 world cups (uruguay, italy, italy) they only have 2, which are 24 years apart. much less impressive. there's a reason the italians and uruguayans are the only ones that substantially care about pre-war football.

Santon, Chiellini, Giovinco, Balotelli, Rossi, Aquilani, De Rossi, Montolivo... all under 25

of those, only de rossi is proven world class. chiellini and santon are on the way, though.

montolivo and aquilani are good, but not that great and don't perform when the pressure is on. rossi for all his energy is inconsistent and can buckle under pressure (how long did he go without scoring from feb to may?) giovinco is built like a 5 year old and juve obviously have no confidence in him because of this. it's a real shame because he's obviously skilled out the wazoo. he should go play in mexico.

balotelli is the new cassano.

but yeah, there is a talent vacuum in italy, punctuated by only a handful of players who are any good at international level. and the reason for this is italy's backwards attitude towards youngsters. for all of their whinging about their youngsters being poached, how many teens get a chance for first-team footie in italy? especially at the better clubs? they're loaned out/co-owned to smaller clubs for ages, then eventually sold.

they need to change their attitude otherwise italy will continue to struggle. 10 years ago you could have named an italy side with world-class performers in every position. could you do that now? could you even get CLOSE?

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
sadly, yes.

twice in the 30's when it was a completely different game and participation was limited, etc. and if you discount those first 3 world cups (uruguay, italy, italy) they only have 2, which are 24 years apart. much less impressive. there's a reason the italians and uruguayans are the only ones that substantially care about pre-war football.

Even if we discount it, with 2 WC trophies, they have what almost every country in the world don't.

I'm not italy's fan though.

zanela

Sme1 needs to save my man frm tht shower of shite...Its so heart breaking to see his talent wasted in tht team...Such a talented, sexy, beautiful & passionate footballer deserves to be winning league & CL every year..Hence, he shud cme to us :hooray:
Lets trade Laporta+txiki for him :biggrin:

Home of Barca Fans