Daniel Alves

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I regret we let him go at all without a replacement.

He blackmailed the club last summer (when we couldn't sign players due to transfer ban) into adding free transfer clause.
Sure, club probably could handled it better but Dani is far from innocent.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He blackmailed the club last summer (when we couldn't sign players due to transfer ban) into adding free transfer clause.
Sure, club probably could handled it better but Dani is far from innocent.

Pretty twisted logic, IMHO. Player even said his goodbyes last season before the club actually acted knowing full well they were in a transfer ban (That they were responsible for). Yet you claim the player was culpable of something? Confusing. Especially when you consider the club has known for years he had an expiring contract.

The player was always a model professional at Barcelona - was honest, rarely injured and provided fantastic chemistry & performances. Despite his increasing age, the club has done little to bring someone along to back him up - so much so that Roberto had to be converted to play there. Now watch the void with him gone, that right side will never be the same.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I agree with FCBarca,we let him come into last season without real renewal offer.Never tried hard to re-sign him until his contract was over.
And tbh I suspect the club really welcomed the option that allowed him to leave.they always wanted him out this year

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I agree with FCBarca,we let him come into last season without real renewal offer.Never tried hard to re-sign him until his contract was over.
And tbh I suspect the club really welcomed the option that allowed him to leave.they always wanted him out this year

And I understand this part since wages were surely a factor but the renewal also allowed the player to exercise an option to leave for free, which he would've done last year anyway. So the club profited from him for an extra season and got rid of his wage.

Unfortunately, the board has still yet to address the very vital RB void - Roberto notwithstanding

Total-Football

a treble in his first year and a double in his last year ... that's what i call a " grand opening grand closing " .. Good luck Alves , wonderful success story In Fc Barca , a model of har work and dedication despite having all the talents of the world

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I wouldn't blame him for forcing a free-transfer clause, anybody would have done the same. Xavi left for free for instance! (I am in no way saying they are both equal, Xavi is of course a bigger legend and the symbol of Barca even more than Leo for me. Just that football is business and we cannot let the sentiment blur our objectivity in this case).... It's just a reflection of the board's incompetence!

a treble in his first year and a double in his last year ... that's what i call a " grand opening grand closing " .. Good luck Alves , wonderful success story In Fc Barca , a model of har work and dedication despite having all the talents of the world

It leaves a sour taste when we realise that it could just as well have ended with a treble too, but then again life is not perfect! I mean even El Capitan of all did not get the best of the send-offs!!

Last edited:

xXKonan

Seen some reports that the Spanish authorities want more than €1.3M as taxes from Alves.

they also state it was one of the reasons why he joined Juventus was to avoid paying it.

F

Flavia

Wtf?And why they are counting Henrique for 16.5M?he costed 10M and 2 of them was paid by Leverkusen so we only paid and lost 8M there

Like Daniel Alves said so himself, "basura". It's garbage, paid by florentino. Villa and Adriano also shouldn't be on that list.

Home of Barca Fans