Daniel Alves

F

Flavia

How so? The biggest problem is Dani himself here. I'd rather play Patric Gabarron.

Zubi corrected him in public, saying his contract ends next summer. The club also didn't approach him to say if they'll rnew or not. This isn't new, Dani is not the 1st player to get the silent treatment. But now, with zubi's brilliant signing, douglas, Montoya wanting to leave, and the ban, Alves has the upper hand. It's not really his problem, but the club's.

L

linetty

I don't think it's a problem on the sporting level though. Alves doesn't offer anything worthy to claim a starting spot anyway. I don't think Montoya is going to leave and we also have Adriano. A setup with 3 defenders can also work well.

DennyCrane

Alves: "Barça could have problem at right back if I don't renew? That's Barça's problem, not mine. I just try to do my job the best I can."

That attitude.

Sounds pretty frustrated, especially when you consider what it takes for a player to be this honest in front of a camera in the football world today where every statement is checked a hundred times over for ample sterility.

It's not like Dani offers anything outstanding these days to really warrant such a statement, however, alienating both Dani and Monty and successfully keeping the cloak of silence around the Douglas transfer while having a transfer ban incoming is yet another man-management milestone right there. This club is run by a clownshow.

serghei

Zubi corrected him in public, saying his contract ends next summer. The club also didn't approach him to say if they'll rnew or not. This isn't new, Dani is not the 1st player to get the silent treatment. But now, with zubi's brilliant signing, douglas, Montoya wanting to leave, and the ban, Alves has the upper hand. It's not really his problem, but the club's.

Exactly. He is far from his best self, but teams -- with the exceptions of two-three clubs -- will jump at the opportunity to sign him. Anyway, it's not really news that he'll go at the end of the season. We'd better hope that Montoya stays. He's not outstanding or anything, but he can get the job done in a fairly competent way. I'll be happy with that next season.

Sounds pretty frustrated, especially when you consider what it takes for a player to be this honest in front of a camera in the football world today where every statement is checked a hundred times over for ample sterility.

Honesty is pretty looked over in football. People value it only when you share their oppinion. If you're honest, but you just happen to have some other oppinion, then you have attitude problems. Alves' honesty is both a good and a bad thing, depending on what he says.

Last edited:
M

Madara Uchiha

If him and Montoya leave then Pedro will probably be our best RB next season. Or Adriano.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Zangash

Banned
Play adriano RB.Best option for me.

If we play Adriano at RB for three games straight it will become immediately apparent that he's nowhere near being good enough to play for us consistently.

That is pretending he has the physical capability to play three consecutive games without needing surgery, of course.

Neymessi

If we play Adriano at RB for three games straight it will become immediately apparent that he's nowhere near being good enough to play for us consistently.

That is pretending he has the physical capability to play three consecutive games without needing surgery, of course.

He could still prove better than alves. And he is not as much injury prone as you think.

khaled_a_d

Alves: "Barça could have problem at right back if I don't renew? That's Barça's problem, not mine. I just try to do my job the best I can."

That attitude.

Honestly it is very professional response IMO
He isn't the one who is planning the squad.he isn't the coach,he isn't the one who was responsible for 1 year ban and more important he isn't the one who decided not to make an offer for the only RB our coach trust .
He is right with every word and it is nothing wrong IMO to say it.

Neymessi

Honestly it is very professional response IMO
He isn't the one who is planning the squad.he isn't the coach,he isn't the one who was responsible for 1 year ban and more important he isn't the one who decided not to make an offer for the only RB our coach trust .
He is right with every word and it is nothing wrong IMO to say it.

He is right.I would like to see if keeps playing after this season for us if the board begs him to stay.

Zangash

Banned
He could still prove better than alves. And he is not as much injury prone as you think.

He's awful on both offense and defense. Not to mention he'll be 31 next season and is, whether you acknowledge it or not, very injury prone.

We'd be better off playing Bartra there or promoting Godswill and hoping for the best.

Kohe321

A renewal will cost more than it tastes as well, he's not exactly on small wages at Barca now.

Seriously, I'd rather we use what we have or promote someone and bite the sour apple, this is the reality of what this board has cooked together and we should just accept that, hopefully it can lead to early elections as well. Adriano and Montoya + support from Bartra should keep the position under control if we're a little lucky on the injury front as well.

I'm just hoping Montoya stays.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans