Daniel Alves

DavidVillano1

Typical, excuses for Bayern like the game being over or injuries that dont get given to Barca.

Even games where they dont concede if the opposition get 1/2 chances it is used to show a poor defence.

It is unreal and biased beyond belief.
It's not excuses, it's just the truth. The game was over, I fail to see how losing a goal when 3-0 up away to a good team is in anyway comparable to Barcelona losing a lead against Sevilla or nearly costing themselves a victory in Valencia(if not for an excellent Valdes save late on)

Why are you and overs totally ignoring Valdes has been one of your star performers? Why are you's ignoring Valdes making two penalty saves? Why ignore a goal being chopped off wrongly? Agree fully with footyfan that defending is a separate issue when mentioning the goalkeeper. As for the Postiga goals, the header could easily have been prevented.

If anything it's yourself and others who are grasping at straws trying to downgrade Bayern because they lost a goal late on when a match was over or that they've lost a few goals in super cups early on that somehow that means they've not been very good defensively.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Just as I predicted, excuses galore. He is using july as an excuse FFS :lol: That is such a ridiculous point I won't even bother to write an argument against it.

2 goals against Chelsea is not too bad eh? so if a team allows 2 goals (and got lucky with the ball only hitting the post) when they have just have 6 shots against them that is a good defensive performance (except when it happens to Barca of course) eh? Gotcha!

Valdes not part of the defence, what in the blooming hell?!

Ermm I never said it was a good defensive performance vs Chelsea...I suggest you read posts clearly before making inane assumptions so you can rant a bit more about the hypocrisy on the forum.

JamDav1982

It was a glorified friendly that happened insanely early into the season, it happened even before Barca's 2-2 friendly draw vs Lechia Gdansk. Dante was a sub, Schweinsteiger was a sub, Ribery didn't even play, Martinez didn't play and if we really are going to count goalies as part of the defence, then Tom Starke played as goalie and had a stinker (he handed the first goal on a plate to Reus).

I suggest you rewatch Barca game highlights to see how many we could've conceded. Bayern've faced Man City, Chelsea, Schalke and Leverkusen who were 3rd and we've faced Atletico. Valencia were in the bottom half when we faced them while Sevilla were near the relegation zone.

Its not a friendly when those two meet and I watched it and it wasnt treated as such.

It doesnt matter when it was played it was this season and that is the debate.

They have played Man City, Chelsea.... and conceded and could have conceded more. Playing Atletico in two games this season is just as tough.

As for Sevilla and Valencia being 'bottom half teams' both are better than Leverkusen and just about every other domestic team Bayern have played in the league.

All these rules that are made up to fit the argument.

big_man

Just as I predicted, the Bayern fanboys are out in full force with all their excuses.

Love how you make the statistics comment yet your opinion sentence was about statisitcs. :lol::lol:

Only decent team? Then you claim Ajax are some great attacking team? Think you may be stuck in the past, Ajax are decent at best, nowhere near as good as they once were. Lazio > Ajax.

As I said above people need to stop basing it on goals against, you just need to watch Barcelona this season to see they have defensive problems. It's been commented on non stop, you Barcelona fans seem to think everything is fine in that department and will be in for a shock this season when the defending costs you a big game. Don't care how many clean sheets they've had, they've certainly gave many chances away and clean sheets were prevented from Valdes alone who's been one of your best players this season which says it all!

Oh ok, so I just need take Davidvillano1's word for it, Barca have not been good defensively this season, just because! gotcha!

As for the bit in bold, Reading comprehension is key. The hilarious thing is that a couple of words just before your bizzare inclusion of "great attacking team", you included the only thing I said; "decent" .For some bizzare reason though, you decided to assume I said anything about great, because it obviously fits your agenda. Anyway, just to remind you, here it is, I've bolded it for you. I'm pretty sure you know there is big gulf between decent and great.

Kudos to Roma, who's only decent opponent this season has been Inter. They haven't faced any team with the attacking threat of Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico Madrid and Ajax. Let's see where they are when they face teams of that caliber shall we?

The rest of your post is not really worth responding to since you're arguing on a point I never made.

DavidVillano1

Bayern fanboys, that all you can resort to? Maybe your just a Barcelona fanboy?

I actually prefer Barcelona and wanted them to beat Bayern last year and do so this year if they meet, but hey don't let that get into the way of your comments eh?

As for the Leverkusen comment, I would expect them to beat both Sevilla and Valencia. In-fact they finished above Valencia a couple of season backs when Valencia were much stronger than Leverkusen were weaker than they were now!!!

Last edited:

JamDav1982

It's not excuses, it's just the truth. The game was over, I fail to see how losing a goal when 3-0 up away to a good team is in anyway comparable to Barcelona losing a lead against Sevilla or nearly costing themselves a victory in Valencia(if not for an excellent Valdes save late on)

Why are you and overs totally ignoring Valdes has been one of your star performers? Why are you's ignoring Valdes making two penalty saves? Why ignore a goal being chopped off wrongly? Agree fully with footyfan that defending is a separate issue when mentioning the goalkeeper. As for the Postiga goals, the header could easily have been prevented.

If anything it's yourself and others who are grasping at straws trying to downgrade Bayern because they lost a goal late on when a match was over or that they've lost a few goals in super cups early on that somehow that means they've not been very good defensively.

You argue as if Valdes is not part of the defence and then point to Neuer missing as a reason for Bayern conceding goals.

That is the exact arguments that dont make sense and show one rule for Barca another for the rest.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
In-fact they finished above Valencia a couple of season backs when Valencia were much stronger than Leverkusen were weaker than they were now!!!

They're in different leagues, and La Liga is much more competitive than the Bundesliga...

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Oh, misunderstood. Who were their respective opponents though?

And the only good teams in the Bundesliga are Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke and Leverkusen, while in La Liga you have Barca, Madrid, Atletico, Malaga, Valencia, and always a few random teams who play well (last season Betis and Sociedad, this season Villareal and Bilbao). There's a few more mediocre teams in the Bundesliga, but it's certainly less competitive.

big_man

Bayern fanboys, that all you can resort to? Maybe your just a Barcelona fanboy?

I actually prefer Barcelona and wanted them to beat Bayern last year and do so this year if they meet, but hey don't let that get into the way of your comments eh?

Well what do you know, a Barcelona fan on a Barcelona forum, I'll be damned!
I don't "prefer" Barcelona over any team, I support this team, so forgive me for actually supporting the team on a Barcelona forum.

DavidVillano1

What makes you think Bundesliga is more competitive?

The German teams outside of the top two are not great.
Yet Leverkusen who according to yourself wouldn't beat Sevilla or Valencia beat Sociedad recently who finished above both last season!!!

You and others are vastly underrating the German teams outside Bayern and Dortmund.

Freiburg who are sitting second bottom in Germany without a win this season gave a good showing against Sevilla whilst playing with 10 men for 30 minutes.

You Barcelona fans seem to have a complex against German football after the destruction you's took last season, clouding your judgement.

JamDav1982

The default position of 'the defence is shit' is the easy option.

You will rarely be in a situation where you are bothered about being proved wrong.

Barca win and he defence plays well you are happy, if they dont then you can say 'I told you so'.

It is the easy way to 'support' the team.

DavidVillano1

Well what do you know, a Barcelona fan on a Barcelona forum, I'll be damned!
I don't "prefer" Barcelona over any team, I support this team, so forgive me for actually supporting the team on a Barcelona forum.
In other words you have more reason to be biased, which shows, unlike myself who has no affiliation with either team and can base an opinion down the middle.

Yep, thanks. :)

Home of Barca Fans