Dani Olmo

Porque

He is better than Denis, Alena, Puig.

I don't know whether he is good enough for Barca, but he is better than Denis.

Also, he improved a lot in the last 2-3 years.
Remains to be seen whether he has reached his ceiling or will he keep on improving.

Denis was always the worst player in our rooster...

Where do you see Olmo playing for Barcelona?

Raketa10

Where do you see Olmo playing for Barcelona?

That's actually a really good question. He is not a winger nor a midfielder. He would have the same problem Coutinho or Fabregas had here not to mention he is still far from finished product. He is undoubtedly better player than Denis but I sincerely doubt he is good enough for Barca at the moment.

Eshez

He can adapt, look at Bernardo Silva or Modric. Many young players played free attacking roles then learnt to play more disciplined.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's essentially an inside forward, best wide left coming onto his stronger right foot but he can play on either flank. He's aggressive, particularly in the final third - can generate danger from anywhere really. Like many that came through La Masia, capable as an enganche

An upgrade over Dembele

For the quoted price of circa 30m he is a great punt and probably the best player we could hope for at that price.

He is quick, has an eye for goal, works hard, puts his foot in, a midfielder than makes runs in behind in to the box and plays with a high tempo. A midfield of Olmo FDJ and Arthur looks very appealing. I hope we sign him.

Raketa10

Can he play the Rakitic role?

No. He actually doesn't play defense at all. I honestly don't know what to think about him. Sometimes he looks awesome and sometimes far from Barca level. To be fair he is more on the level of Sevilla or Valencia than Barca.

For the quoted price of circa 30m he is a great punt and probably the best player we could hope for at that price.

He is quick, has an eye for goal, works hard, puts his foot in, a midfielder than makes runs in behind in to the box and plays with a high tempo. A midfield of Olmo FDJ and Arthur looks very appealing. I hope we sign him.

A midfield Olmo, FDJ and Arthur would be physically one of the worst in Europe and wouldn't work for sure (maybe only in FIFA). Basically De Jong is the only one of those three who knows how to defend so that's a really bad idea.

Last edited:

Nazario1985

It's a 40M transfert before the free move in 2021 but by that time City or Atletico will get him.

Hope it's a new Cesc (in a good way) but better usage from the coach.

serghei

I agree. In terms of midfield, we need a young box to box beast able to contribute with both defending and goals, less so with possession and short spaces technique because we have Arthur and De Jong for this.

Fabinho would've been perfect.

JohnN

Fast forward to a summer of 2021:
Frenkie=here
Busi=gone
Raki=gone
Vidal=gone
Arthur=playing here and there

Basically, in 2 years, we will have one a half available midfielders.
Even if Alena will be a 5th choice, we will still need a choice no3 and no4.
Maybe even a choice no2 if Arthur will continue being injured and unavailable all the time.

Now, please don't reply: we could have Alena and Puig as choices no3 and no4.
That would be the worst midfield since 80s.

So, we will need 1-2 new midfield starters and 1-2 new squad players.

Realistically if Arthur can't stay fit for a season until 2021 he will be gone. So, there are two possibilities. He will either remain at Barca and be a starter (provided he keeps improving) or he will be gone.

By that time, Messi will be too old or gone. Suarez will surely be gone. Alba will probably be gone. Pique will probably be gone.
We are talking about a new era by then, so I guess we will need something more than a no3 and no4 midfielder.
That is why, we should already be looking for future starters and not current squad players.

I don't feel Puig or Alena will ever be starters for Barcelona. But if a no3. and no4 CM is needed, then they are decent enough and we don't need to spend money.
Except, I already said this, if Olmo is considered a future starter or high prospect, in which case we need all the talent we can get.

gregorrin10

Pass I'd rather spend that money in erisken

Right now he's actually available for half the price of Olmo, which is ridiculous, since he's at least twice the player. But of course, we won't even sniff him, because he's not from La Masia. So stupid.

Home of Barca Fans